Rappy Hunter

I know this is suppose to be drawing from the PS series, so why did they leave out many of the cool things from the series? I am basically speaking of the skills and the technique combos. For those of you not privvy to the PS universe you may not know of skills. they are things that make characters unique, kinda like ryu's shinkuu hadoken. each character had 7- 15 of 'em and to add to the sweetinicity of them, the skills could be comboed with techs. technique combos were great as well.two or more characters would team up using foi(foie), wat(barta), and tsu(zonde) for a super-charged blast on a large enemy. There were many combos discovered such as zan(wind tech)+ foie or barta to make a firestorm or blizzard.then come the skills, chaz's crosscut + hahn's astral(sumthin) make a rayblade attack. it's something they need to think about anyway.

i know me and my freind have discussed this alos i wish they would have included the original tech names as before and have some sort of system of deciding which of the special skills each person woudl get. depending on how they built up, where they spent most of their time fighting, and what times of the day they played online. they could have thought sumtin more clever up but thats the best i could think up, this is one of my few ideas, i have a whole document that is like 20 pages long that has a whole bunch of MMORPG ideas organized well. since i plan on copyrighting the document and ideas i cant show you guys, only the one i presented here but that one aint that big of a deal. any idea how i could get an idea like this into square, sony, namco, enix, sega, sonic team or what? any ideas on how i could copyright this would help too... thanks if you tell me

all: i get the feeling that this game didn't begin as phantasy star online. chances are it began as a sci fi mmorpg and later on they added the PS edge to help sell based on the name. I like the game a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be up until 2 am playing this when I have to go to work in the morning, but I am also a HUGE fan of the phantasy star series and I just don't really include it in the series because so many things are missing from the continuity.

aberu: the course administrator when I was in school made his living on the side by selling ideas to video game developers. you should probably start by emailing the companies and asking for a phone number. chances are they'll try to give someone's email in the offices but you don't want that. you want a phone number. once you have that they'll ask you to send them anything you have on your ideas. You'll want to send anything along with a non-disclosure agreement so that they can't steal your ideas. You don't have to go about copyrighting because of the NDA. If they buy your idea, then you'll sign an NDA so you can't talk about the game to anyone else. If you still want to copyright, call a lawyer. When my old band had to copyright our songs for an album that's what we did and the lawyer pretty much told us where to go and hooked us up with some paper work. It'll cost you somewhere around $20 to copyright any small works you may have.

Veteran Fighter

there are alot of differances from sequel to sequel in all games that reson they called it PSO becuse it was made by the some ppl and becuse it would help it sell.

It's just like the Final Fantasy series. There's different people in every one. They just use the same name to sell more. People are more likely to buy something with a familiar name than a new one.

Yes really a lot can change from sequel to sequel....but the ps series seemed to be quite congurent all until it came to PSO...