Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pretty badly infuriated by this.

I put anti (cost 1) on my deck with Snow Queen and Braveace (a tech casting gun). Anyway, Snow Queen went and froze itself, so I tried to cast Anti with Braveace, this was using Kranz. And the card was deselected even though I had like 5 action points. WTF is going on? I looked up the card description for Anti. In Japanese it says "cures all abnormal status on all allies, but does not cure Fly or Shifta status". In English it just says "Cures abnormal status on all allies." Now correct me if I am wrong, but there is no reason why it should not work. It doesn't say 'FO only' either - hell even if it was it could not have been put on the deck. I'm so pissed off about this, wrecked what could be a good deck. I had like, all freeze ability cards and gibarta, and was going to go round freezing then casting tech on Snow Queen to take everything out. But ST's stupid inability to make the cards do what they say they do (another case in point, Survival) has sort of wrecked this.

Another little thing that angered me was Akiko's wok+Heavy blow. Heavy blow is a card that knocks AP down to zero during attack, so the wok can kill things outright. But my god, if there are not a stupid amount of cards this DOES NOT WORK ON. And I'm not talking action disrupters. I'm talking cards even, that have no special ability. Lots of times, this combo will whack things down to 1 HP and raise their AP up sky high. I'm getting pissed off, because to use this combo, I am having to remember all the cards this arbitrarily and for NO REASON AT ALL does not work on (S+Y, Vulmer, some others).

I play in Japanese and I play in English and still, I find no explanation for this shit. I'm pretty close to emailing ST about it.

- Shimarisu

OK, so I think I've found a card with some text missing off the translation. Heavy blow only sets damage to 0 is AP is less than 4? OK, but I'm pretty sure a few of those cards don't have AP of 4. Like, it doesn't work on any of the Vulmer series of monsters, always knocks them down to 1 HP. I still don't get Anti, or Survival. I still don't get why the other day, Razonde cause pierce damage to me, completely skipping my items with no card or special weap equipped by the opponent. I'm pretty sure the game is stacked with bugs. It's getting on my nerves. Exactly what is the point of Survival? It never works unless the attack is causing less damage than your card has, in which case your HP goes to 1. Why? It was stupid things like this that made me switch to English. I wasn't hot on the terminology of card games, and I didn't understand a lot of cards. I still don't. Anti is fecking useless. Survival is too.

Another thing heavy blow doesn't work on: Gi Gue. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have 4 AP. I hit him with this and he stayed alive. Stupid, stupid shit.

- Shimarisu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shimarisu on 2004-01-05 23:39 ]</font>

If you found problems email sonic team and they will fix it like they do on 25 december with other 5 cards who got problems.
    Game is out from only 1 month and some days so can happen some cards have some bugs but the great thing is Sonic Team can change stats etc and fix all. ^ ^

Dont cry Sonic Team will Fix it.

If you blame too much this game i dont understand why you still play it.

OK post refreshed so I'll keep this short.

I'm sick of people here trying to offer me advice/tell me to modify my behaviour/tell me to stop playing ep 3. I'm allowed to complain about bugs, OK? Otherwise there would not be much to say. I don't brag about when I win/when I get new cards, etc etc, so the posts you see from me are either going to be productive or a complaint. Other than that, there is nothing to say. I'm going to email ST, but this game was released unfinished. The English text on some of the cards may be unfinished, but I can't even make sense of some of the Japanese. I can see now why Arislan had some problems with some cards. I'VE had to test a lot - the text is UNFINISHED.

Also, this is kind of hypocritical, the last time I spoke to you you were saying that ep 3 was too drawn out and "not so fun". And you were the highest level of anyone in the lobby.

Yes my opinion still the same Episode III compared to Episode I II isnt so fun Episode I II is better but they are very differents games i dont like Episode III too much but i like it because i can play it and relax without the fast action of Episode I & II this is why i like it you sit on bed play it and look tv when waiting for match.

I think Anti work only on Story Characters.

I dont know your age and i have nothing against you you made good work with some things on this forum but i dont understand why you have always to attack person, game, people game strategy, people who use lock messages on game etc etc.

Maybe you cant understand cards or maybe cards have bugs ok ST fixed 5 6 cards on last server mant sure they will fix other cards bug when they found it.

Just take this game easy dont need to angry for stupid reason or made post against person of some nationality act like a more mature person like you are this is only my opinion you can do what you want on your life but i think topic like about france players are a problem for forum too if i was france and read it what can i say?....

Is only a game dont need to blame always ST for little things, and dont need to attack people if you have problems with they.

Oh good lord, leave me alone.

As for the post about french people, jesus, all I said was "some french guy entered my game, and called me noob". Then a thousand other people came up with "All the french on PSO are idiots." So to avoid it becoming racist, I said "Yes I know, but I think they are just a clan."

I think you better learn more English before you try to read between the lines and preach to people. Really. I was the ONLY PERSON on that topic who repeatedly said "They must be a clan, must be coming from somewhere because I know French are not stupid." Please go back and look over the topic. And, I don't mean to be rude, but use a dictionary if you misunderstand. And stop telling people what to do - you've requested a mod to delete his posts, corrected people on several occassions, tried to tell people not to get upset about the game when you yourself don't like it all that much. I don't get it? You even seem preachy to Arislan. You seem annoyed when people make mistakes, Arislan made a mistake and your post correcting him came across as arrogant. I usually overlook it because you are not a native english speaker, but now I think the true nature of your posts comes through when you preach to me. And misunderstand me. If you want to tell me how to act, bear in mind that no parent, no teacher, no child psychologist, no medical doctor, no brain surgeon, no psychiatrist, no social worker, no lover, no friend has ever been able to fix my problems and I live with a debilitating condition.
    Somebody on an internet forum thousands of miles away is going to have a hard time achieving what nobody in real life has ever been able to do.
    Nobody can tell me how to fix my problems, they simply cannot be fixed.

And the (koso koso) / (eee) shit really pisses me off, no, it sends me into spasms. If you look at least 50% of people on this game agree with me. In fact, I know they are talking about me badly when they do it, because friends often watch my games for tips, and they tell me that I have had the other team cursing me, cursing my gizonde, calling me noob, etc. I don't care that they do this, I just care that I have to be reminded of it while I am trying to think. And if you go to Mintaka (eee) is rare. In fact I was on there with an English player who was using private message, so I used it back. One of the other team flashed up that symbol chat with no sound, of the guy whispering behind his hand, and the other guy said "w". Then he said "(koso koso), maa hashiburi" (wow it's a long time since I saw koso koso"
    I knew they were pissed off. So I quit the private chat, but teammate carried on. I just kept saying "OK", because speaking in both languages and trying to play a strategy game is well, head breaking. After a bit I announced "bad cards", and one of the other teams said "kaiwa mo BAD desu ne." (Your conversation is pretty bad too.) So then I found myself explaining in Japanese. I had to make an excuse: "Igirisu jin desu kedo. Eigo wo hanasu no ga shitsurei darou to omotte imasu kara" (yep, I'm an uber creep, I break into crawly Japanese, say I'm English and I think it is probably rude to speak english. I have to apologise for my teammate for them being unable to speak Japanese. And why? BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID (eee) SHIT! And you might not think it so bad, but can YOU read it when Japanese players get narky about it? Do you have to crawl to them in Japanese and apologise for people? Do you have to feel that excruciating embarrassment? I think not. The worst thing is, even though most Japanese players are not rude enough to point it out, they do get pissed off with it, it IS taboo, and all US players are going to be yet again, tarred with the 'arrogant' brush for using it. I say they remove it. It's a cultural thing, JP do not use it, Westerners do, and it is going to result in culture barriers on ep 3. We are going to see JP ONLY teams again because of this, and that angers me.

Oh and ep 3 is better than ep 1+2. Just way more annoying because of the inherant competitive nature of it.

- Shimarisu

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I'm with Shimarisu on this one. The only way to get things like this fixed is to air them for one, so that people know that such bugs exist, and two, for every noticable reproducible occurence of a bug to be cast out into the open. Whether this is done in a rant, in a structured scientific essay, or a 2 sentence 1337 speak phrase (hopefully not the 3rd) it needs to be done.

Games these days simply are never released bug free. This is partially due to the complexity of code, precluding any possibility of a bug-free game, along with pressure to get a game out on a deadline which makes a game rushed out before QA could be completed. ST may see a few of the bugs after the fact and attempt to fix them (the Dec 25th Patch for example) but they likely wouldn't even had known of said bugs existing if not for players discovering them and letting them breathe for ST to see.

I understand that ST likely isn't partolling these boards (I'd be surprised if they were), but the greater the number of people that know about these things and the reproducable effects, the more likely someone capable of fixing these things can get them fixed.

Another thing, it doesn't say on the Anti card that it's SC only. In fact that would be stupid. Here's what abnormal status is:

Freeze
    Acid
    Paralyze
    Drop

ONLY PARALYSE WORKS ON AN SC! So Anti only cures that? But it cures ALL abnormal status! There's obviously a bug here, it's not curing abnormal status that comes from your team.

- Shimarisu

Well many stuff arent really translated good or they just missed out on something....Like anti that dont cure abnormal status....and Creinu, on her card it says it heals all items and all enemies within 1 block with 1 HP from her but it only heals her enemies 1 HP...and the miguem and hidoom stuff,,,it says AP on hidoom for every miguem on the field i think it was (forgot name) but it raises TP...many small stuff wrong....and why oh why is Memoru that is a Fonewearl stronger then a Fomarl Creinu? and how can ST make a character that has 0AP and be a ARK? very bad,,,,

It says this in Japanese also, the Anti card makes zero sense.

A lot of the small flaws on the translations are actually due to the Japanese being ambiguous. It's driving me nuts.

- Shimarisu (and in my game, it doesn't have the flaw for Creinu, perhaps you have an earlier copy?)