Okay, so please don't kill me for stupid questions.

1) I've gathered that CMode starts your character at level 5 or so, and with set equipment/stats. Does this "wipe" an existing character? Or does it simply create a "Challenge" version of your character?

2) This article (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=687) lists times between 6 and 26 HOURS optimally -- is this true?

3) Also, I'm getting very confused about this. What EXACTLY needs to be completed to gain an S-Rank weapon? What I'm gathering is that I must complete any challenge (like, C1) for instance, in under 7 hours, and that C1 consists of a number of actual levels. Or am I supposed to go all the way through C9 to get it? (Because that sounds like an eternity based on the time list above - not at all like seven hours.)

4) Time Attack. Isn't this everyone's goal, ultimately? Why wouldn't you be fighting for the best time?

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

On 2004-01-07 08:43, Zedric wrote:
    Okay, so please don't kill me for stupid questions.

1) I've gathered that CMode starts your character at level 5 or so, and with set equipment/stats. Does this "wipe" an existing character? Or does it simply create a "Challenge" version of your character?

2) This article (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=687) lists times between 6 and 26 HOURS optimally -- is this true?

3) Also, I'm getting very confused about this. What EXACTLY needs to be completed to gain an S-Rank weapon? What I'm gathering is that I must complete any challenge (like, C1) for instance, in under 7 hours, and that C1 consists of a number of actual levels. Or am I supposed to go all the way through C9 to get it? (Because that sounds like an eternity based on the time list above - not at all like seven hours.)

4) Time Attack. Isn't this everyone's goal, ultimately? Why wouldn't you be fighting for the best time?
    ::kills zedric::

ok, lets go over this

1) you start off as level one in ep I challenge mode and level five in ep II challenge mode. this doesn't "wipe" you character as you put it, it DOES create a challenge version. when you start every challenge stage, all players have this change and it isn't permanent. the stats are fixed for your character class at the beginning of the stage so no racaseal has an advantage over any other starting racaseal and so forth.

2) bwa? you complete all 9 challenges in under 7 hours. they don't take an insane amount of time. the first challenge should be done in under 12 (according to the crappy time allotment of that there doohikey j00 were looking at), and all challenges added together should be under 7 hours. got it?

3)to get an srank, you must complete all 9 challenges in a combined time of under 7 hours total. understand? if you fail a challenge, you can just redo that specific challenge. you have to do the eariler ones before the later ones. understand?

4) hmm, the culture of TA junkies... TA is when people redo challenges they have already done to get the lowest time possible for them. i have seen total times (all 9 challenges completed) of about 3 hours regularly. those people get really lucky maps. and, there is a li'l different style of gameplay involved to do that too...

i hope i answered your questions... i hope i wasn't too confusing... but, these same questions are asked time and time again in this forum. i'm glad to help, but you can find a lot of answers yourself by just perusing this forum and looking (but not posting on) old posts. bye!

On 2004-01-07 09:55, MasterJoel wrote:

2) bwa? you complete all 9 challenges in under 7 hours. they don't take an insane amount of time. the first challenge should be done in under 12 (according to the crappy time allotment of that there doohikey j00 were looking at), and all challenges added together should be under 7 hours. got it?
    MasterJoel meant the C1 stage takes around or less than 12 minutes. Hope this clears this up.

On 2004-01-07 09:55, MasterJoel wrote:
    and, there is a li'l different style of gameplay involved to do that too...
    Along with a big bucket of knowledge and skill.

Alrighty then!

Someone ought to email the admin about that article then, because it says HOURS and MINUTES, rather than MINUTES and SECONDS as you all are telling me.

Thanks a bunch for putting up with me!