Alot of "vet's" have been leaving pso "temporaraly" because they belive its not fun anymore, repetitive, or boring... This is truly sad because the people that dont play n e more are good friends of all of us, and are truly respected on these boards... like Spy, Ice, and Scither...there are so many more im sorry i cant remember them all. But the amin thing i want to get across is what keeps you guys going who have 200,300, or even more then 400 hours on this game!? how do you do it? Do you have a secret, a strategy?

Personally i always find somehting new and exciting to do to keep me busy till V2.0...

Like i just recently acomplished my goal of maxing out all my stats and HP without equipping my mag, my armor, or my shield...

Now im on a quest to find VERY HIGH percentage wepaons, and when i accomplish that goal, i will most likley focus on ym clan if i ever decide to go through with it....

What about you guys?

i actually just came back to PSO like 2 months ago but saddly it's starting to get boring again.

PSO Assassin

Even though I wouldn't consider myself a PSO "vet" because I've only invested like 1'30 hours of game play, which isn't enough to call myself a vet. But I think what keeps me coming back to PSO is 1: I enjoy playing with certain people, that makes playing the best, if you play with someone you like. 2: I haven't found all the rares yet, and I hope I do some day. And finally I don't have another RPG to keep me busy at the moment, I gave up on Skies Of Arcadia, there were to many random battles, and I finally got to the end, and kept dying.

Ya, i too come back to talk to and play with some intresting and fun guys, even you Jay! Especially this one guy though Yeast. lol he is so dumb its funny to hang around with him.. He is lv. 60 and his mag is only like lv 10, I asked him why he doesnt feed it and he said "holy Sh*t u can feed these things! whoa!" lol.... dumb.

I THINK IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH SETTING GOALS FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR CHARACTER/S.
    I HAVE ONE CHAR AT LVL99 W/300+HRS,
    AND TWO OTHERS THAT I'M ALSO WORKING ON THAT ARE A GOOD LVL50+.
    I REALLY DON'T PLAY THE GAME AS MUCH THO...
    MY GOALS ARE TO EXPOSE THE RUMORS BEHIND PSO'S RARES.
    I'M ALREADY WORKING ON THE OROTIAGITO & LAVIS CANNON RUMORS.

PSO FOREVER!!!

I'm not a 'vet' yet, but I do make the game more challenging for myself... even though I'm only at level 78...

With the HUmar, I set 'tech' rules. Only physical weapon I'm allowed to carry is a weapon which can restore TP. No Lavis (which I don't have) or Spread Needle (which I also don't have). Probably a standard weapon with aa TP-restore ability, or Frying Pan, or double saber.

Then, I set the special attack keyed onto the buttons. This is my ONLY physical attack I have. So, you can't kill easily with the weapon anymore, due to the fact that the special is weaker than the basic attack. All the rest are filled with techs.

The game is much harder since my character wasn't designed to be a Force character, but hey, it's more fun, especially when you have a group of hunters thinking they're forces... ^_^;

Sadly, this doesn't work with androids... sorry. ^_^;

At level 81, I find that I'm having the most FUN as a support member of a team (medic).E veryone loves it because when I'm around its pretty hard for you to die.Imagine being a ranger or hunter and being able to get into the fray of battle without EVER having to watch your life bar.Running around making sure that everyone is fine is what makes it fun for me AND everyone else.

It's all the same god damn dungeons every single time. They really put a real big effort into level design. Yay.

Mercenary for Hire

If you look at PSO as an RPG, then it's simply way too short.

However, if you look at it as an action game like Gauntlet Legends or Dynamite Cop or Armada, it looks real good! It's got a lot more replay value than any of those.

For a refreshing change, try playing PSO as an "arcade game". In an arcade game, you start a completely new game rather than continue an old one. The extremely low level PSO game actually has a lot of depth--which most people never see since you level up so quickly past it.

You'll learn just how many normal vs hard sabre swings it takes for a level 1-3 character to take out a Rappy. You'll get the hang of firing two Foies and then finishing off a Booma with a cane bop to conserve TP.

You'll actually see the difference between Boomas, Goboomas, and Gigaboomas. Remember the fear you initially had of those tough Gigaboomas? At higher levels, they're all just boomas. Easy target practice. Go back to the low level PSO game, and revel in newfound gameplay variety!

Predator of all Evil

Id consider myself a vet... i know 65 percent of the maps very well( the different variations)

liek i knwo exactly where to go ..... ( its mostly in caves 3 and ruins sometimes and duh forest and mines is pretty easy)

and i have had well over 500 hours of play time with these characters

Port:lvl 30 ( took me awhile to upgrade him i was a newbie 30 )

MechDroid [RAcast] (lvl 52 about 60 hours into him)

Aracna[RAmar]( lvl 58 about 67 hours)

Aracna[HUmar]( lvl 81 i lvled this guy pretty fast he was 86 hours or so)

Machine[RAcast] (lvl 50 aroudn 40-45 hours)

Ice[FOnewm] (lvl 37 Boy Fources are dificult... about 40 hours)

Ice[HUmar] (lvl 61 around 55 hours)

All the times i fooled around with characters inbetween new ones and all the characters under lvl 15 ( about 60 hours)

and now MechDroid The HUmar lvl 31 i got around 20 hours

then all the time i spent watchign monkey paly is around another 300 hours literally

His dreamcast is in my room so i just laydown on my bed and watch and pay attention tot he maps... and tell himwhere to go ... sometimes he knows...

i know all my characters dont add up to 500 hours but I had a few other small characters

OK now back to the subject lol...

well the way I keep the fun in the game ......

MAKE NEW CHARACTERS!!!!! of different types and proffesions