Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

<font face=times new roman color=7fffd4>yeah, it just shows these people's true intelligence lvl and that they are very immature and need to grow up. Im not exactly Mrs. Pure myself, but I only use really bad words when those idiots are in teh lobby calling people names and saying other nasty things, then I change from PSO Vixen to PSO Bitch and just go off on em until they leave....usually works too <center>

Magenta, your family must rock; how many VMUs do you have for all these characters?!

I wish my own family could try it out, but the only thing I hear from my father is "Can you put that $%*&# thing on PAUSE? I need you for a sec!!" (which quickly becomes two hours...)

And my mom was proven to have a (self-proclaimed) too feeble of a mind to go beyond Sega Swirl. LOL!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Official PSO Mommy

Yay!!! You guys have all restored my faith in the online world of Pioneer 2, and my belief that PSO is a great introduction for my kids to the world of cooperative online gaming and the RIGHT way to do it (ah heck, enough spouting off, I'll be honest and say that that's partly just an excuse for me to get online and play while they're still awake )

Glad to see that the majority feel that maturity does NOT equal boring.

On 2001-04-12 08:12, Nynaeve wrote:
    I've played there a few times...but somehow it bugs me that we have to find a "workaround" to avoid those who don't believe in common decency. *sigh* Takes all types to make a world, I guess.
    Yep. General response time: Oh well. ^_^;

LOL! sounds good, thanks! His caracter is a HUcast (at least for today, he's made quite a few, but this one we're making him stick to...*grin*) He's SO angry at me that I transferred my RoboChao and some cool stuff to my husband's character instead of his! Ah, family fun at its best....

If I am online, I am mostly online early, like 5 or 6pm my time, so he can watch before bedtime...last night was late for me. I'd love to hook up sometime, can't tonight, promised the kids we'd see Spy Kids, but we can figure something out.
    Heh, alright. How about a weekend then? ^_^ Maybe Saturday? Earlier would work fine for me, actually. Say... 9pm my time, 4pm your time? That okay?

MAGENTA:
    ohhhh..
    can i join?..hoping to meet another fomarl..
    Heh... well, that's for Saturday, probably. ^_^ For today, I can play. ^_^ Lyric the FOmarl managed to take down the big nasty Vol Opt all by herself at level 19 (30 minute battle! >_< ), and levelled up to level 20 now... so she's able to play on hard difficulty now. ^_^ Even though she'd be pounded by the monsters in the forest, I welcome a challenge. Magenta, do you have a similar level character that you can use, perhaps, since your main one is level 70+?

On the other hand, if you like, I can use IceBlink instead. ^_^ I can even use tech rules if you like! ^_^ Make the game more challenging. ^_^

Hmm... pm time today... how does 9pm? Too early? Or too late?

SISQUA:
    Why do people smash things up, vandalise things or spray graffiti? It's a misguided mainly adolescent urge to rebel against society. Unless you manage to come up with a way to bring up kids that several thousand years of civilisation has failed to find, then kids will continue to swear in the lobby. As for adults, well being unable to communicate without swearing just shows a lack of intelligence and ability to communicate effectively.
    I agree. Plus, unfortunately for all decent folk out there, swearing has intergrated itself into the main speaking language now, becoming everyday words. Sad, but true. A lot of kids aren't even taught that swearing is a bad thing either...

KODIAX:
    And my mom was proven to have a (self-proclaimed) too feeble of a mind to go beyond Sega Swirl. LOL!
    Oh god, my mum's the same! The only game she was ever interested in, was a import majong game on the NES! ^_^;;

Official PSO Mommy

On 2001-04-12 08:26, KodiaX987 wrote:
    Magenta, your family must rock; how many VMUs do you have for all these characters?!
    I'm guessing you mean me rather than Magenta here, forgive me if I'm wrong - we don't have that many, 2 of the VMUs with the screen, and one of those huge ones that has 4 VMUs in one. We did have to force my son to delete one of his characters to allow my husband to make one. I only have one, my kids have 2 each, and he has one now

I wish my own family could try it out, but the only thing I hear from my father is "Can you put that $%*&# thing on PAUSE? I need you for a sec!!" (which quickly becomes two hours...)

LOL! It doesn't get any better, I'm "all grown up" now with kids and a career and my own house and *my* mom STILL gives me a hard time! "I'm trying to call you, and your line is busy, you play that silly game too much!!!!" But she should know better, she started me on my Atari 800 way back when and we've had video games ever since.

We're the "cool" house in the neighborhood, with 3 systems, started with the N64, which we got after our Sega Master System died - the I got a Playstation so I could play Tomb Raider - then I got my husband the Dreamcast for his bday (well, ok, it WAS free cause we signed up w/SegaNet...don't tell him...), and now that is the only thing we touch. All the kids come over and say to my kids how lucky they are that we bought them these...and my kids respond with "They're not OURS, they're my PARENTS!!!" They do have their GameBoys, but that doesn't stop them from fighting over my Palm Pilot. Needless to say the neighbors think we're a bit off.... And just wait till this fall, ah what new system to buy....

"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!"

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Nynaeve on 2001-04-12 08:54 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Nynaeve on 2001-04-12 09:00 ]</font>

Official PSO Mommy

On 2001-04-12 08:41, IceBlink wrote:
    Heh, alright. How about a weekend then? ^_^ Maybe Saturday? Earlier would work fine for me, actually. Say... 9pm my time, 4pm your time? That okay?
    Sure, sounds good to me! Saturday around 4pm then. Magenta, SaitoH, come play with us!

SISQUA:
    Why do people smash things up, vandalise things or spray graffiti? It's a misguided mainly adolescent urge to rebel against society. Unless you manage to come up with a way to bring up kids that several thousand years of civilisation has failed to find, then kids will continue to swear in the lobby. As for adults, well being unable to communicate without swearing just shows a lack of intelligence and ability to communicate effectively.
    WELL SAID.

I agree. Plus, unfortunately for all decent folk out there, swearing has intergrated itself into the main speaking language now, becoming everyday words. Sad, but true. A lot of kids aren't even taught that swearing is a bad thing either...
    LOL! Well, you can be assured MY kids are being taught that! They sure learned another word last night that they will be SO grounded for if I hear them say it! Of course the swear filter can go the other way and make normal words "swears", which they LOVE to use against me..."But MOMMY! You SWORE! PSO said so, it made funny letters!" "But kids, Saturday is NOT a swear!!!"

I envy your family. The only person who plays video games in my family is myself, kinda encouraging me to be the loner...

Official PSO Mommy

On 2001-04-12 09:35, killerb255 wrote:
    I envy your family. The only person who plays video games in my family is myself, kinda encouraging me to be the loner...
    Wow. That's a sobering and insightful comment. Alot of my non-gaming family (in-laws mostly) give me a hard time about this - "You LET them watch a game rated "T"? You're corrupting their minds, they're not teens yet!" and on and on...and yes, there are some they WILL not watch ever, like when we rented South Park type games, or Soul Reaver type things, but in general I try them all before I let them watch so no one can accuse me of not being careful in that manner....but this is something I hadn't thought of. By making this a family event and a family game, I guess I never realized we're encouraging the human interaction that they might miss if we let them play alone all the time or if we played alone...(although I do admit to leaving the room when my son pulls out Super Smash Brothers, MAN, what an ANNOYING game... )

Could be you gave me an interesting topic of conversation for the Easter dinner table on Sunday.

*rubs hands together in anticipation of stirring things up at the table*

wow... this thread was a morale booster. it's been a tough couple of weeks for me gamewise. It's starting to look like all the good gamers have been driven away by all the people trying to cheat the system. I've been playing in games with people who either don't talk at all or are extremely rude. I've had people snaking items from me as I'm about to pick them up... it's just been very disheartening. One month ago everyone seemed to be very cool, what the hell happened. Maybe I need to switch ships, I've been playing on Miranda for too long, I guess.

I deeply apologize about that, Nynaeve. Heh, cursing online is done by no "Gameshark". In fact, it's done quite easily. I happened to be following up on a story regarding new quests available in Japanese for Easter (which proved false). When I was online, I decided to throw a swear word out. (I was bored, and wanted to defeat the filter system for a second.) I throw out my obscenity and signed off. Harmless fun, I'm sorry if your little 7 or 8 year old kid or whatever's emotions were crushed, dragged through the mud, and destroyed. I'll now hold a moment of silence for them . . . Okay, moment of silence up. Anyways, typing curse words while signed online in Japanese doesn't get a filter. Just thought you'd like to know how it's done. Peace out. I believe the character that did the cursing was my FOnewm named "Citan" on Puck 09. (New character, only level 53 now.)
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.