Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

1. Sitting around in a particular lobby and making fun of another player does not show off your maturity, especially when you're making fun of the person's physical attributes and other completely unrelated BS. Worst of all, doing so when the player is not present does not make you big or appealing. Grow up, grow a pair of round objects by the name of "balls" and learn to ignore and forget about the people that bother you on this game. What goes around does come around, contrary to popular belief.

2. See the above, but add to it doing such in game behind the text mask.

3. See the above, and learn that the text mask is not widely accepted, and most of the time not needed.

4. Decks full of 1 cost enemies are not innovative, or clever. It's common knowledge that they can be unstoppable without a fair shair of companions and the right stage. And? If your ego gets boosted by winning because of lost time, then you're by all means a huge loser. Furthermore, try to be original with your decks, instead of copying this, and a certain other deck that need not be mentioned.

5. XD is just as bad as "LOLZ!!!!111" if not worse at this point in the online lingo ladder or whatever. Prepare to be met with the type of attitude people who use the latter receive when using the former. Actually, please do use it, so I know who to avoid.

6. Symbol chats are the most obnoxious thing in the known world when used immediately after or before an attack on an opponent. Have some dignity and cheer your opponent on as opposed to insulting them and upping your self-esteem which is already far too high. You never know when that person will come around the bush and beat you the next time. How would you like to go out? I'm sure some people are more than happy to be vindictive with the way some of you act.

7. Rigel 07 is Antares 08 is Vega 01 is Oberon 01. Enough said.

8. Sitting in a game with your friend who is level 70 while you are level 70 and killing each other is lame. Ahem. Point taken, hopefully.

Thank you.

All my decks are now called "I hate Pouilly slime, w". Except the Pouilly Slime one, which I only use against people I know to be 1 point spammers. Whee. There is that. Everyone, go ahead and make the pouilly deck. If you know a person who is constantly spamming 1 pointers, use it on them. It's quite effective, due to the free movement, therefore avoiding blocking tactics.

Also, you missed one. Don't use 2 Arkz decks full of one pointers, take it to Unguis lapis or Mortis Fons, choose Ark with highest HP, cover field with enemies and sit back, never attacking, waiting for time to run out.

Because if you do, I will not sit around for half an hour waiting to die. Last game I was in where they did this, I purposefully killed myself by playing HP attack on 0 AP weaps. The other team were like, "Huh?" I said "jisatsu" (suicide). That strategy is just lame. Today I DCed after seeing it 2 mins into the battle, because I don't like wasting time, I wanted to go to another tourney.

Anyway, next battle the same team were up against another 1 point spamming dual Arkz team. I got a mail - "I see what you mean. >_<"

- Shimarisu

And some more! We really ought to make a guide to ep 3 etiquette.

9. Don't flash rude symbol chats, like "Push the BUTTON" (seen this in a Japanese game) or stupid animations of stickmen getting pulverised when you are winning. Saying that I did make a couple, a "No Hope" gizonde one, and a pouilly slime one, But I only use these in the lobby as a joke, or when I'm in a team up against the COM.

10. If you are winning on HP total but can sense you are still vunerable, DON'T stall for freaking time! Seriously, the amount of people who sit there waiting for the timer to run out so they can win on lost time.

11. Don't constantly point out your bad dice, saying something apologetic to a teammate is fine ("bad dice, sorry, I can't cover you"), but the other team can SEE you got a 1.1, and if you point it out ALL THE TIME it makes them feel bad. I even lost once after a player complained that I, playing Stella, ran up the screen to get away when I couldn't equip. I felt stupid, and stood my ground the next time, and lost.

12. Fricking say yoroshiku and otsukaresama deshita to Japanese players. It's OK if you don't do this from ignorance, but once it's pointed out and you continue not to do it, it's rude. I have got everyone to shortcut these phrases, they really are so easy to type in (on Japanese text mode, literally, just type yorosiku*enter* and otukaresamadesita *enter*) First one at start at battle, last one at end. Speak a cursory couple of phrases of English in battle to your teammate, and they will know you are not Japanese and therefore won't try to talk to you.

13. Don't enter the games of players who read Japanese/have an Action Replay, then ask them what reams and reams of stuff does. Buy an Action Replay. If you have that strange allergy to Action Replay that seems prevelant here, go to the card lists ON THIS SITE, print them out and refer to them. It's that simple.

14. Don't enter the games of high level players and beg them for cards! Even offering a trade is somewhat presumptious, if you are level 2 and the person you are asking is level 50.

15. Seen today - if you are up against humans, don't mail people during the dice phase so that all four players have to sit around while the timer runs down.

- Shimarisu

Oh, and I got another one.

Don't assume English speakers are so damn stupid by cussing them out in your foreign language, especially using words that are common knowledge to everyone. Duh, English kids are taught French for 5 years at high school by a national standard, and German is SO easy to fathom, also the amount of times I log on in the early afternoons JP time, when the kids are just home and get "MAA GAIJIN! YADA!" I mean really, the rest of the world must think we are fucking dumb.

Same goes for people cussing out foreign players in English. French, German, even Japanese know what "Fuck off frog/kraut/jap" mean, don't be so thick.

- Shimarisu

Don't say stuff like "This sucks, this sucks, this sucks" all throughout battle. That guy we played today kept saying "yabei" over and over which is Japanese for "This sucks." Sort of rude, huh?

- Shimarisu

Completely offtopic but I love how you rant Shisimaru!

Definitely, definitely.

Completely agree about the superiority complexes. Yes, English speakers unified may not be the prettiest sight to behold, but grouping every single one as some moronic half-wit is pointless and unfounded. I'm afraid for those of you that think you were getting over on us, the joke is on you.

Some more:

- Whining about someone watching your game is overdone. No one is cheating by doing so. Yes, they can mail information about your hand to another player. And? It's not as if they can foresee what you're going to attack with what card fast enough and what you're going to keep or discard. It's a head game and only that. You people need to stop being so overly paranoid. As a matter of fact: any person who does watch games and mail information about someone's hand to their friends or whatever should be praised, because it's a lot more work than one would think with all of the annoying interruptions and so on and so forth!

- This is for my own benefit, but realize that if you use clearly a one point blocking deck or Pouilly Slime deck, when someone doesn't equip anything, and doesn't attack with decent dice rolls, they're killing themselves to save their sanity. Thanks to Shimarisu, new methods for suicide are now being revealed! This is the new trend, people. Disconnect? No longer!

- Don't use a card if you don't know what it does. Just because there is a bright and happy S or SS does not mean the card is good or affective in your deck. No one cares about your Dark Meteor.

- Don't be ashamed when you lose to COM. The biggest mistake people are making is underestimating. Yes, while you may want to test your exciting new deck, doing so in a tournament during finals is not worth it, especially with some of the Arkz decks. Enemies like Gibbles are incredibly dangerous, and with the COM's sometimes suspicious dice rolls, you can never be too careful.

On 2004-01-12 08:44, anwserman wrote:
    Completely offtopic but I love how you rant Shisimaru!
    That sounds like some samurai or ninja. Shishimaru. ^_^

Amusing typo, because it really does sound like an archaic ninja type name.

- Shimarisu

Ok "yoroshiku and otsukaresama deshita" noted. Thanks

I don't agree about don't use that type of deck suggestions. I lost many times using pouilly slime or 1 cost enemies decks, so they aren't unbeatable.

And I add don't complain about other team using private text. IMO that's what I like more in Episode 3. The cooperation in 2 vs 2 games. And most humans don't have telepathyc powers for talk with the mind.

And in 2 vs 2 games don't assume the other team is waiting time if they don't do it every turn for every phase. Sometimes my opponents thought I was waiting time because in draw or dice roll phase I wait. Well I use those phases to talk about next turn attacks and moves, because in set, move, act phase there's no much time to talk and I want to avoid miss a set, move or attack because time ends.

Yeah, don't complain about text mask, even though the majority of what is being said is a. rude, or b. not necessary.

I'll cite the game I viewed the other night in which one team was using the text mask, and doing nothing but insulting my friend.

Also, when you're using the text mask to say "good job" or something, you can use that outside of the text mask. No one is going to shoot you.

Yes, I understand for stuff regarding tactics, but that's not what the majority of people use the majority of it for. Go watch a game and see for yourself.