Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lover of All Things That Are Cute

As some of you have noticed from my post count and sudden appearance here, I am new to playing PSO Online and new to PSOW. On my first day playing PSO Online, I was lightly briefed on the status of cheating, hacking, and duping and what not. But I'm still a little foggy on the actual issue.
    I guess I just would like to see if I can get a few questions answered, if it's not a problem for some of you...

#1. How is hacking done? What is used to hack items? How could I tell if an item is hacked?

#2. I'm in ownership of a Black King Bar + 80 which I recieved from a person who duped it, and it deals insane amounts of damage to DARK type monsters(In range of about 1000-3000). I know this weapon is altered, but in what way? How was it altered, and how does it deal so much damamge?

#3. MAG's. We all have them. We all need them. But there are plenty of Edited and Hacked MAG's around. How could I tell if a MAG were hacked? (Exclusing the MAG's with 1304 as thier level)

#4. Duping. We all probably know someone who dupes. Hell, even I know how to dupe. But, is there a line drawn between duping to help someone, or just duping for the hell of it? I guess what I'm asking is, is duping accepted under any circumstances?

#5. Item's which shouldn't be used or out yet, such as the Tsumikri J-Sword. From what I hear, a way to unseal the J-Sword has not been discovered. The same thing with some of the color Rings, which I have heard have not been released to the Online community yet. Are there any drawbacks to owning/using these items?

If I have asked something that has already been explained in another thread, I apologize now. I simply wish to learn the situation of the game and where I stand in it.

My thanks to anyone who helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ayaname on 2004-01-15 16:22 ]</font>

I cant really help u much but all ican tell u is #2 the BKB has 300% dark and thats how it does so much.

Svm Inimicus Mali

#1: In rare cases, hacking is done through the hacker's computer, but most "hacking" is done with an Action Replay code. The effects are later saved like normal character data.

#2: The BKB likely has a hidden % on it, probably around 300. The scale only goes up to 100%, but the actual value of its Dark % is probably much higher.

#3: The only way to tell if a MAG is hacked is if its stats are outside the normal limits of MAG raising... for instance, the most MIND or POW you can get is 185 (might be 186). I don't know the limit for DEX or DEF, though.

#4: The PSO populace is split on the issue of duping. You have uberlegits, who hate any form of duping, and then there are people with various tolerances for it... duping backups only, duping to help friends, duping for personal gain on the trade lists... personally, I draw the line at making backups, since losing items due to FSOD-X is a very real concern.

#5: Sonic Team may or may not institute a ban on unreleased items at some point in the future. Otherwise, unavailable items are safe (unless you value your reputation).

In conclusion, I'd like to state that I find playing legit to be more fun than using hacks or dupes. Hope you found this helpful!

On 2004-01-15 16:32, Kupi wrote:

In conclusion, I'd like to state that I find playing legit to be more fun than using hacks or dupes. Hope you found this helpful!
    Thanks for the answers. I think that playing legitimatley is the best way to play, in my own opinion. I guess I am that way since I did the better half of my leveling up(And by better half, I mean about 120 levels) Offline, which took a helluva long time.

I guess I have only one more question to ask. Some of the weapons and items I use, I have a decent feeling that they might have been achieved using some form of cheating(IE. A Double Cannon with 100% on Hit or a DF Field with 4 Slots), thought I didn't do the hacking or cheating myself. Will my reputation be lowered if I used these items? Or will people not care as much, unless I start blatantly using things like those damned Angel's and Devil's Wings which everybody seems to have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ayaname on 2004-01-15 16:44 ]</font>

The double cannon with 100% is mostly a hack.
    DF feild with 4 slots mostly the common dupe one.
    I seen very little legit double cannons,so if
    you use it some legits will mostly think you are
    cheater.So don't use it.

On 2004-01-15 17:32, rulicia wrote:
    The double cannon with 100% is mostly a hack.
    DF feild with 4 slots mostly the common dupe one.
    I seen very little legit double cannons,so if
    you use it some legits will mostly think you are
    cheater.So don't use it.
    So it seems. I'll probably go back to my Lavis Blades, until I can score a Syncesta to upgrade, since I know my Lavis Blades are legit since I got them myself, and upgraded them myself.

Thanks again for everyone's advice, you've helped me incredibly.

Kupi pretty much sums it up. However, I feel the need to make 2 more remarks:

It is possible to make MAGs with 195 on a single stat. This is done by turning a baby MAG (a lvl005 one) into a system MAG. Once it is a system MAG it can be fed to make a single stat grow. These MAGs have no Photon Blasts.

On the TJ: There is a theory that has some credit, although the call for videos showing it actualy works hasn't been answered yet. It is said to go like this: Get a legit Sealed J-Sword. (There is a hacked one out that can't be unsealed at all.) Kill 23000 monsters with it. The equip/unequip option in the menu you get when selecting the sword from the Item list is replaced by Use. Choose Use and it transforms into a TJ.
    Again I stress there are people claiming this, but no confirmation of any reputation was given yet.

On 2004-01-16 01:25, Superguppie wrote:

On the TJ: There is a theory that has some credit, although the call for videos showing it actualy works hasn't been answered yet. It is said to go like this: Get a legit Sealed J-Sword. (There is a hacked one out that can't be unsealed at all.) Kill 23000 monsters with it. The equip/unequip option in the menu you get when selecting the sword from the Item list is replaced by Use. Choose Use and it transforms into a TJ.
    Again I stress there are people claiming this, but no confirmation of any reputation was given yet.
    I remember reading somewhere on this fourm that PSO has no In-Game Counter, making all those "Kill the Enemies" methods of unsealing the J-Sword kaputz. I might try to go and get a Sealed J-Sword eventually, just to try to get concrete evidence on how to unseal it. I have a theroy that it might not be possible in this version of PSO, but perhaps in PSO Plus which is slated to come out soon.

That theroy is probably errorneous, but it's what I've heard some people saying. It's all a mystery to me.

On 2004-01-16 07:12, Ayaname wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere on this fourm that PSO has no In-Game Counter, making all those "Kill the Enemies" methods of unsealing the J-Sword kaputz.
    The same person that made that statement later stated that there is a counter on the Sealed J-Sword. So, the game doesn't count and the sword does.

I might try to go and get a Sealed J-Sword eventually, just to try to get concrete evidence on how to unseal it.
    As far as I know there is none, although the 23000 kills seems to hold for now.

I have a theroy that it might not be possible in this version of PSO, but perhaps in PSO Plus which is slated to come out soon.

That theroy is probably errorneous, but it's what I've heard some people saying. It's all a mystery to me.
    It may indeed not be possible. However, I doubt it will be a version thing. If ST wants to provide a way to unseal it they'll probably do so in some online quest or something...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-16 07:19 ]</font>

Svm Inimicus Mali

On using duped weapons: yes, most legit players will fault you for using weapons that you know are duped and/or hacked, because it's the same concept as duping/hacking for any other reason (bar maybe making backups); it's using the result of an unintended glitch in the game for your own gain.