Ok im in forest just about to play the boss thinking nothing going to go wrong. Hey i might even find a dragin slayer with good %'s. I have my s-beats equiped wich i found and am happy that i did. Well as everyone is walking into the portal, FREEZE! So im like oh, o well ill just loose my trifluids and only 80K of meseta. So i turn off my DC and then go offline to check what i still had (because i have fsod'd before and you'll see why i wanted to check. WEll any i get into pioneer and i PRESS START hten go to ITEMS then GO to EQUIP and to my #$%^&^ing suprise my s-beats are gone and im pissed off and now i have to go find them again. So if you think a bsod is bad then a fsod is worse. Because you also loose your weapon and your inventory. Yes and i do know you can get your game erased with a bsod so actually bsod can be worse, but that happens rarely.

actually losing your whole character in that same situation sucks more. I know it happened to me last week. and two days later, playin along I felt like I had made some good headway, when BANG same thing happens again, only this time its just items.

Rappy Hunter

I had a really weird FSOD last nite. Someone joined a game and the world spun upside down! I'm not kidding, I could see people walking "below" me, but I was stuck in the ground and I couldn't move. I had to exit out of the game and I lost all my items but what was equipped. Kinda weird.

Dark Falz Cultist

Umax, that's happened to me, too... twice, in fact, on two different characters. I ended up stuck in the sky upside down, and had to quit the game. I didn't actually lose anything, though.

The reason you lost your weapon is probably because you just recently took it out of the bank. What happens when you take stuff out of the bank is that your VMU saves, regardless of if you know it or not. (Watch the indicators.) It saves the state as the item being unequipped. Because, in reality, it was unequipped when you left the bank. You only equipped it after you withdrew it. Problem is, it wasn't saved equipped. To get around losing your weapon, mag, or whatever. As soon as you take it out of the bank and equip it. Visit the bank again and just leave the bank. It'll save the weapon, mag or whatever as equipped. When FSOD or BSOD hits, you'll only lose your unequipped items. (Trifluids, Trimates, etc,.) Useless junk. Don't carry around anything essential unequipped.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Veteran Fighter

Well, that's actually happens when someone joins just as you are loaded into an area. As you are loaded into an area, you are looking straight upwards, as that's the default position. Of course the game within a centi-second or so has you looking forwards, so you'd normally wouldn't know this. Now if someone were to join a game w/ a bad connection the exact time you were loaded into an area, hello ceiling/sky ^_^

It's actually a pretty cool effect, the ceiling of the Ruins where the waterfall looks very nice. I'm surprised Sega even bothered designing it so well, considering you are supposed to be able to see it..

I don't mean to sound like a dumbass, but what's the difference between an FSOD and a BSOD? I had a BSOD (Black Screen of Death) before (stuck in mid-warp), and lost my unequipped items (some useless crap), but I had some type of SOD where I was in a room in Ruins 1 with two others. I had a bunch of enemies surround us when I revived someone. Once I revived him, they killed me, then I froze. Would that be an FSOD? My screen was red when I froze (RSOD, anyone? )

I also had the same problem one time where the world turned upside down. That one's easy to remedy: just DC.