Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Geez moderators...
    there's a nice little discussion below about avoiding Falz's ice attack and someone decides it's too old and locks it.

For crying out loud, if there isn't a current discussion about it, let it be. No one was flaming in the topic, it was very civil and INFORMATIVE for many people! Between locking the good topics and Violet yelling at newbie posters, these groups are seemingly more and more about the mods and less and less about the people who simply want to talk and learn about PSO.

Don't get me wrong, you mods do a great job (banning ADE for example) and when a topic degrades into a flame war, then by all means lock it. But I really want to post a reply to the Ice Attack...

So, do I start a new topic and piss of Violet, or do I go find an old Ice Attack topic, bump it and piss off some other mod?

But when there is a sticky, and it is stated in the Forum Rules not to bump old topics, they should get warnings. Many times the topic is dead and the person already figured out what was asked (6 months ago, I'm sure they beat Falz).

And you do make a new thread if there isn't anything on the same topic since about 2 weeks or on the first or second page(s).

And Violet is not a Mod/Admin.

I would also like to make a point that while this is true (and I'm not touching the ADE situation with a 10-foot long pole), but I don't ever remember the whole discussion about Barubary's server being locked due to the whole "illegal server idea" that caused the previous thread on this page to be locked (as of Jan 16.)

I like how PSO-World is moderated, but are there doublestandards? I know this thread will be locked (I'm guessing pretty soon too), but since somebody stated his opinion, I'll throw mine in too.

And I'm trying to search to see if Barubary's server thread is locked, too.

I would think that the difference there was that Barubary was asking if she should make one, whereas the other was asking how to access one.

In other words, one was a question on the morality involved in creating one, and the other was asking for instructions on how to bypass one of Sonic Team's decisions.

It's a thin line, but I do see that there is indeed a difference there.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I thought Barubary's thread was about whether or not releasing it to the public? Whatever, it happened a while ago.

I don't remember Baru's thread(and there prolly was one, since he mainly posts alot of techy stuff), but overall, until there's a set standard on the allowance of discussing unofficial servers for the game, they'll be locked from now on.
    Look, he did it again.

I THINK THAT IF A THEARD IS WORTHLESS IT WILL DIE BECUASE PEOPLE WONT REPLY TO IT

IF PEOPLE STILL TALK ON A THREAD IT MEANS IT HAS PURPOSE AND THERE IS NO REASON TO BAN IT

ITS LIKE GOING INTO SOMEONES CONVOSATION AND SAYING "HEY STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT TALK ABOUT THIS DIFFERENT SUBJECT"

if you walk in someone's house, you respect the rules of that house. if you post in our forum, you respect the rules of our forum, nineteen. and ours says not to bump old topics. we're relatively relaxed when it comes to moderating and rules compared to other boards. and laying off the caps would do you good.

On 2004-01-16 10:24, oeagrus wrote:
    Geez moderators...
    there's a nice little discussion below about avoiding Falz's ice attack and someone decides it's too old and locks it.

For crying out loud, if there isn't a current discussion about it, let it be. No one was flaming in the topic, it was very civil and INFORMATIVE for many people! Between locking the good topics and Violet yelling at newbie posters, these groups are seemingly more and more about the mods and less and less about the people who simply want to talk and learn about PSO.

Don't get me wrong, you mods do a great job (banning ADE for example) and when a topic degrades into a flame war, then by all means lock it. But I really want to post a reply to the Ice Attack...

So, do I start a new topic and piss of Violet, or do I go find an old Ice Attack topic, bump it and piss off some other mod?
    As ketchup pointed out, I'm not a Mod. The only "newbies" I yell at are the ones who absolutely refuse to read the forum rules and then start making 10-20 posts their first day asking questions that often times are already answered in the forum either through a thread or a sticky. If its not there, chances are its covered in one of the MANY, MANY guides that are on the site.

I realize that because of the nature of the medium (ie. consoles) that many members are going to be younger kids with no idea at all how to act in a forum, but when they are told numerous times by numerous other members to chill out a bit, they usually go off on a rant.

Most of the members DON'T like seeing old topics bumped, and its against the forum rules for a reason. If you have something beneficial to add, start a new thread and add a link to the old thread.

If you want to learn about PSO, familiarize yourself with the guides section for a start. There is also an item database as well as item Comparison, and item findings areas.

ARGGGGGGGGG REFRESH, the beginning of my woes.

What about Fanfics. Whenever I update I bump my forum from page six to one, even though its been dead for three weeks.

Fanworks is a vicious forum of constant updates. It is hard to keep something on page one for readers to find. I am often tempted to post "bump" to get it there.

As long as I am not locked for being on page 22, I'm fine. Also, it could cause quite a problem if someone else broke the rules, locking me off.