Marksman/Beserker for Hire

Hey i'm trying to get online w/ gcn pso but 1st i gotta switch my isp... does n e 1 know which isp i need, I was looking @ NetZero High Speed, Verison DSL, and Roadrunner... Please Help

Later...

Most work but not AOL you should ask the ones you like if they can work with PSO

Legendary

Dial up or broadband?

for dial up, if the ISP requires its own custom dialer software, then it usualy wont work, if you cang get online on your p.C using Windows dail up netwroking it should be OK.

If you are looking for a Broadband ISP, stay away from NetZero Hispeed (its still just a dialup service.) Netzero HiSpeed uses a technology designed by SlipStream which accelerates the speed at which jpegs, gifs etc show on the your monitor. It does NOT speed up your actual download or upload speeds. Meaning that yes some pages will load faster for you to look at, but if you download something off the internet, you'll still be using basic dialup speeds. Just thought I would pass that along in case you're still shopping for an ISP. You may want to try http://www.broadbandreports.com to see what services are available in your area and how much they cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-17 10:55 ]</font>

Marksman/Beserker for Hire

thanks people but do you know if roadrunner works w/ it?

thx
    Later...

On 2004-01-17 12:23, Daethwing188 wrote:
    thanks people but do you know if roadrunner works w/ it?

thx
    Later...
    yes it does. In fact every cable service that I can think of works just fine with PSO. Make sure to get the BBA for your GC. And you can set it up as part of a network (like many of us use), or use a cheap hub to simply share the connection, or even use a crossover cable and use ICS (internet connection sharing.) That way you can use your surf the web and play PSO at the same time. If you don't care about that, you could always run the cable directly from your modem to the BBA on your GC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-17 12:28 ]</font>