Could anyone tell me if I can get Grants and/or Megid at any level in the Normal game?
    Also, can anyone give me some hints on dealing with Delsabers, bearing in mind that I aM A Fonewm with a gun?

You have a really good chance of finding both Grants and Megid in the Hard Ruins, so if you can, get into online games and try to find them.

As for Delsabers, I use my trusty Varista w/40 dark. I use a timing sense when firing, so that the Delsaber NEVER moves forward (if I can help it).

Try this: When fighting a Delsaber, see how many shots you can get before he gets out of the 'I'm stunned and now I'm pissed' look he gets.. (he raises his arm, then flings it to his side) Try to shoot him with a few shots so that he will go back to being in his stun phase, and he won't be able to get near you.

-Khaotika!

"I had a nice Grants and Megid night last night... "

Veteran Fighter

Delsabers.. just use rabarta.. they are terribly weak vs it.. chill em and kill em

grants and megid.. i can find them on all levels.. but only up to level 8 on forest.. usually nothing higher than 10 until the ruins

i found grant level 1 in the normal ruins. its really good for dark things... does like 229 damage, which is great becuase i am a force with a gun too!
    i suggest that you just go fight delsabers, as long as you can take them one on one then you should be fine, if theres more, use the ring of fire thing, it only does 50 damage but if you have a tp gun or enough fluid it'll kill em.

Merlin uses a fill railgun OR a common varista, usually nothing along the cane/ rod/ wand idea. ALMOST everything in the ruins HATES ice. It's definately your best friend in there. I have grants and megid and have only used them less than a dozen times each.

Del Sabers hate the cold for one thing, n' it's definitely good to try and get a shot in. When ya know delsabers are coming up in a room (the rooms usually totally empty n' unless ya walk all the way in n' there's still nothing, get ready for a del attack) try heading towards them in a zigzag pattern (left, right left) cause they jump n' slash at yer location. Like they say, a moving target is hard to hit. Once they've done the jump slash, they probably try to block if yu've tried to hit them. Take that moment to freeze. If yu use either spell or gun, make sure to constantly move back (preferably towards a door) as yu shoot cause they tend to move forward n' slash. That's how I do'm. Good luck to yu! (Btw: dunno if yu get grants more or less in lvls..but definitely ruins is always a good place to look)

Mercenary for Hire

At Normal difficulty, I think you'll only find them infrequently in the Ruins, and only level 1 or maybe 2 at that. Being Pinkal may help.

When fighting Delsabres, the most important thing is to keep your distance--but not TOO much distance. Like Hildebears and Beats, they'll jump at you from across the room if the distance is too great. If they do the jump attack, you can dodge the attack in a similar way to Heldebears and Beats--keep moving (sideways to the attack works best).

Delsabres are particularly annoying because they're fast. However, you can slow them down behind Dimenians and claws. At Normal difficulty, Dimenians don't move all that fast, and it's not too hard to slow down Delsabres behind a group of them. This can give you enough breathing room to fire off an area effect spell at the bunch or fire away with your gun.

Oh--ignore Rico's advice to get behind them to attack. Getting to the side is sufficient, but the best thing is to just be far away enough that they don't use their shield.

Another tactic if you can get the maneuvering and timing down is to get just in range of his slashing attack and immediately turn away to get out of range by the time he slashes. He'll do 3 slashes, during which time he's vulnerable to your attacks. This tactic also works for Beats. But get the maneuvering just a little off, and you're in for a severe mauling!