Ive been playing merlin for quite a while now and had the urge to create another character. i just whipped up the cutest little HUnewearl, threw on a robo chao mag and proceeded to devastate the normal game in one evening.The problem is that im finding her to be too similar to merlin.I'm interested in your thoughts on a tiny little RAcaseal with a big ass gun????

I have a tiny little RAcaseal, she looks very cute walloping baddies with her comparitivley giant rifles and spread guns.

I've been playing my RAcaseal up lately. She's around level 50 now. It's certainly a change from Cienna, the do everything HUnewearl. Having real limits is interesting and new.

Jazzyfox, you get EXACTLY what i mean. Shes not as powerful as Merlin by a long shot but it was a sense of deja-vu what with the whole magic/ grindered up weapons gig. She plowed through the game.It might be interesting to not be able to rely on a spell for endless healings.And i love some of those weapons you rangers get to use,( drool, drool ).

Mercenary for Hire

I think you'll be in for a treat. It's a very different game when you can't use any techniques. You've got to worry about buying dimates and telepipes, but about the only technique you're really going to miss is Shifta.

Area effect attack techniques are more than made up for by the Shotguns, and using mates and atomizers have the big advantage over techniques that you can use them on the fly without standing in place during casting.