Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone,

I have almost earned my first Xbox S-Rank, and have chosen to go with the Twin. When I played GameCube, you couldn't do the Tower quests yet so I never got to add special effects to my S-Rank weapons. I am interested in adding the Zalure 40 special attack to my S-Rank Twin. However, I only want to do so if using the special attack casts Zalure on multiple enemies. I have asked many people online about this, and some say that you must hit every enemy to put Zalure on them, and some say you can do a quick Special Attack and it will cast Zalure on the surrounding enemies. I need a concrete answer here!

Thanks in advance.

I thought Zalure on a twin only cast it on the enemy you're hitting ?

If you want it to hit multiples, you're better off with a shot or slicer.

I don't know, I'm only assuming, as I havn't obtained my own S-Rank yet...

Even Alycone is starting to fill with [racist comment]

On 2004-02-05 20:10, Firocket1690 wrote:
    I thought Zalure on a twin only cast it on the enemy you're hitting ?

If you want it to hit multiples, you're better off with a shot or slicer.

I don't know, I'm only assuming, as I havn't obtained my own S-Rank yet...

Even Alycone is starting to fill with [racist comment]
    Yes. The attack will only hit the enemy you are targeting. A slicer or even a sword or partisan would be more effective. The Zalure/Jellen will only hit the targeted enemy basically. Sorry about that but that's what the case is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-02-05 20:19 ]</font>

Even worse, on bosses that have multiple sections you'll have to hit every section seperately with the attack.
    Also I wouldn't recommend zalure on a twin. Enemies don't get pushed back when hit with the zalure special (just like the tech) so you're almost guaranteed to get hit after you use it.
    If you're a HU, I think a Slicer is the best for that.
    Btw it's not level 40.. more like level 31.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

On 2004-02-05 23:27, drizzle wrote:
    Actually, according to a recent calculation I did, it's only about lv 17. Someone I know has also confirmed this someone by using it in Battle mode and finding that lv 20 of the said tech is stronger.

Jellen is about 17, maybe. But Zalure is definitely stronger than level 30. My guess is that Zalure is 50%, and Jellen 30%.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

On 2004-02-05 23:27, drizzle wrote:
    Even worse, on bosses that have multiple sections you'll have to hit every section seperately with the attack.
    Also I wouldn't recommend zalure on a twin. Enemies don't get pushed back when hit with the zalure special (just like the tech) so you're almost guaranteed to get hit after you use it.
    If you're a HU, I think a Slicer is the best for that.

That would only hold true for Del Rol. The dragon you can hit his foot, all parts will be Zalured. Vol Opt isn't affected by status ailments. And Falz doesn't haven't multiple parts, except his second form, in which case works the same as the Dragon. Hit one part and they all get affected by Zalure...

And i always thought that S rank Zalure varied on each difficulty. So maybe in that BA mode, which was probably a normal game, level 20 shifta would be better. But in Ultimate im pretty sure its a shade better then a Forces level 30 Shifta. I'll try it later on my FOmarl. Cast level 30 Zalure, hit an enemy, then use my Zalure Slicer and see what happens. I'll get back to you on that one. I'll try in all difficulties.

S-Rank Jellen is the one that's around L17. The Zalure is L30+, testing in BA mode both on and offline. A HUnewearl can overwrite S-rank Jellen, S-Rank Jellen will overwrite a HUmar's Jellen, nobody can overwrite S-Rank Zalure, not even a Force with L30. *shrug*

Oh, the offline BA mode testing was in VHard, Helios, my max-statted FOmar, isn't L80 yet, so difficulty either doesn't effect it, or doesn't effect it much, at least not on PCs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2004-02-06 05:53 ]</font>

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I'll put some Zalure on an S-Rank and check it out myself a little later on.

On 2004-02-06 05:51, Ian-KunX wrote:
    S-Rank Jellen is the one that's around L17. The Zalure is L30+, testing in BA mode both on and offline. A HUnewearl can overwrite S-rank Jellen, S-Rank Jellen will overwrite a HUmar's Jellen, nobody can overwrite S-Rank Zalure, not even a Force with L30. *shrug*

Oh, the offline BA mode testing was in VHard, Helios, my max-statted FOmar, isn't L80 yet, so difficulty either doesn't effect it, or doesn't effect it much, at least not on PCs.
    I second that.
    Except to me Jellen seems more than 17, the difference with Lv 20 is VERY small.
    And Zalure is not above 30 by much either.
    I tested this on all difficulties.

Hopefully Sounomi and I can test this later on, and she will be able to give you the exact figures.