Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Cent

Alright, I have hated this guy for a while now. Fans of his will tell me that he is a lyrical genious, while I fail to see how gangster rapping has any brains to back up the music.

Then tonight I was watching the grammies. It was the best new band of the year award. 50 was nominated along with Evanescence.

Being the cocky basterd that this guy is, before they even say the name of who won, he walks up on stage thinking he was going to win.

Well he didn't.

And then the worst part was that everyone thought it was funny. He basically stole Evanescenses spotlight. This is one of the best awards they have won, and of course this punk ass had to ruin it for them.

I just realized how much differant the MTV music awards are compared to the Grammies. While real people and real musicians play on the grammies, they get shit stains to play for MTV. While the grammy winners win off the fact that they had talent, MTW winners are based mainly on gangster rap. I think 50 won like 6 awards last year? Come on...the guy is not that great. In two years he will be forgotten. Not to mention the fact that he is a sell out.

This coming from a person who doesn't like Evanescence.

GODDAM YOU AUTO REFRESH!

A rapper is not a band. 50 cent is a dumbass rapper.

Grabbing a mic and saying "you can find me in da club" does not qualify you for any award for best band. Getting shot nine times doe snot mean you have talent.
    I don't know anything about this Evanescence band, but I assume they are a real band that plays real instruments, so I'm glad they beat 50 cent.

The only award a rapper should ever win is best rapper of the year.
    ---------
    I just want to clarify something.

The exact name of the award Evan. beat 50 Cent for was called "Best New Artist". It did not specifically say best band.

Therefore, I have no problem with 50 being nominated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: derBauer on 2004-02-08 23:18 ]</font>

Man you summed it up. I see gangster rap as morons attempting poetry. I have nothing against black people. It is just a majority of rap is sung by black people. If 50 Cent was white, I would think the same way.

By the way, I think when they say 50 Cent got shot in the face 9 times, they are talking about a pellet gun.

You know, Evanescence, ex-christian band turn pop goth rock. What are you doing watching Grammy's anyhow? That's all so pop. And, usually, stereotyping makes you look not so intelligent. You don't need to call them all morons.

So happily unsatisfied

On 2004-02-08 21:38, undevil wrote:
    While the grammy winners win off the fact that they had talent
    This is not always the case. Actually, a lot of the time, it isn't the case. What is true is that The Grammy's is a better awards show than any MTV award show. The problem I have with the Grammy's is I don't know which ass they pull some of their nominations out of.

On 2004-02-08 23:32, Ezellaur wrote:

The problem I have with the Grammy's is I don't know which ass they pull some of their nominations out of.
    I think the same thing. I like country music and I want to vomit when I see the nominees. yuck.

Amen on the 50 cent sentiment..

As far as the nominations are concerned, I also totally agree...In fact I think its funny how most of the time, you can rule out the winner by the nominations alone....I mean...some of the nominees are just screaming "I have no chance in winning, and got nominated because Mr. Grammy needed to fill 3 more spots in the nominee list"

You have no mommy from now you cry to me

I hope he gets shot 9 more times.

Rap, the C is silent.

I'm actually not that much against rap, despite my previous statement. My problem is that it, as something which has but one of the basic ingredients of music (Rhythm, Pitch, Tone, Harmony), is commonly called music. As a musician, that offends me.

I hate all rap, but 50 cent and Eminem are the worst.