I've lost a few long posts this way, because, for some reason, it seems like the reply pages are configured to refresh every now and then. It gets annoying when I type out a paragraph, only for it to be erased by an unwanted refresh.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

There was a discussion on this recently. Some of the ads that GameSpy is running tell your browser to refresh. You can keep ads from refreshing by turning off Meta-refresh, but you'd be surprised how many websites use that feature in a decidedly functional fashion to get you from point A to point B.

It's really quite annoying, and as a group, we should probably be complaining to GameSpy about it, as it's a problem that's out of PSO World's hands.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Lollipop put up a link in another thread if you want to send a comment to gameSpy about it. I sent them one and I'm sure a few others did as well.

Mozilla will also stop the refreshes as well as programs like Privoxy (which kills all ads) or as HUnewearl_Meira mentioned you can turn off Meta refresh by doing the following:
    Pull down the TOOLS menu in Internet Explorer
    Select Internet Options
    Click the Security Tab
    In the window that opens click the button labled Custom Level..
    Scroll down the list until you see META REFRESH
    Select DISABLE
    Click OK
    Click OK again

here is the link for the GameSpy feedback form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-10 19:47 ]</font>

Through the Fire and Flames

disabling the meta refresh stops the browser from taking you back to a thread, or your inbox after posting a message or PM, which i find somewhat, just as annoying as the original problem. its a double edge'd sword, your dammed if you do, or your dammed if you dont. i guess the refresh is still bad, but if your exceedingly dumb like me, it takes you 2 goes to work out whats happened .
    fortunately it hasnt happened to me recently, before i disabled the meta refresh, so i may just put it back on again. the copy and paste have been working quite well so far.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Or you could just use Firebird and live in sweet sweet browser bliss. No autorefresh for me, folks!

http://www.mozilla.org

I heard from someone that they've noticed that if they stop the playing of the flash ads, the auto refresh won't occur. This could be why I haven't seen it in Mozilla yet, since I don't have the flash and whatnot plugins installed due to the annoying flash ads that many sites have. Even then, if the auto refresh thing hit Mozilla (or Firebird), it'd retain any text you entered, unlike IE which clears it out.

Hee hee, I have Mozilla, but I don't use it for browsing. I see, so it's certain ads that are causing this to occur? Interesting... I should consider turning on Avant's Ad blocker. I don't already have it on because I'm not usually that bothered by them--but the ones that make noise or do things like refresh the page (which, I don't encounter that much) annoy the heck out of me. I'll check out that other thread, thank you all for the information!
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Is it me pressing the wrong combination of keys, or is there a new auto-refresh (ad or two?) that actually sends you back into the thread, not just erasing your reply?