when I play multi player, with the same two characters, should the game always reset to forest 1?

everytime we've played for the last while it seems we're starting over from scratch,
    yet for some reason, I seem to remember playing at least once where we had the choice of starting at a different level (we have already finished through to the ruins).

we're using the same two characters, on the same memory card. these are the same characters we both play in single-player as well as together in multi-player.

You can only unlock areas permanently by playing through offline single-player. Accessed areas in multi-player both offline and online do not permanently save, and will reset on the next play/team. Also, what areas are unlocked depend on which character is loaded into the player 1 slot (or originally creates the team online). So if one of you has cleared up to the Ruins, and the other hasn't, the only way to immediately access the Ruins is by putting that character in as player 1. Just be aware that the section ID is determined by the character in the player 1 slot. So I would recommend that all characters involved eventually open up all the areas in offline single-player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-02-14 12:25 ]</font>

multi is like online, you get access to areas the 1st char/maker has opened..
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

your level must be different to gain harder difficulty levels.