Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

On 2004-02-23 05:13, mr_rubbish wrote:
    Ok, that gives us population and situation, but it will still lack a story. We need an excuse for a climactic battle at the end where good wins and evil loses.
    Why must good win, or evil, or either? I mean, we could end an insa fic in a rather climatic way. The hero doesn't save the day, a lab explodes, spraying billions of d-cells through the air recyclers of Pioneer 2. The result is everyone begins to mutate. Some bodies can't handle it, and they turn into a blob of pre-formed intestines mashed together with blood and vile. Androids and any mag made humans/robots revel in the new enviornment, getting new enhanced abilities. The human and newman population that do servive are damaged, and those that aren't are incredibly powerful. Everyone wants a seat of power in this new world, and would fight tooth and nail for it. Ultimately the entire ship crashes into Ragol, blowing up. Resulting in everyone dieing and a huge crater on Ragol.

Pretty drastic, huh?

Why must good win, or evil, or either? I mean, we could end an insa fic in a rather climatic way. The hero doesn't save the day, a lab explodes, spraying billions of d-cells through the air recyclers of Pioneer 2. The result is everyone begins to mutate. Some bodies can't handle it, and they turn into a blob of pre-formed intestines mashed together with blood and vile. Androids and any mag made humans/robots revel in the new enviornment, getting new enhanced abilities. The human and newman population that do servive are damaged, and those that aren't are incredibly powerful. Everyone wants a seat of power in this new world, and would fight tooth and nail for it. Ultimately the entire ship crashes into Ragol, blowing up. Resulting in everyone dieing and a huge crater on Ragol.

Pretty drastic, huh?
    Hey, this is a rather interesting idea.
    Will you ever seaze to surprise me Sord ^_^ ?

For my math, I just came up with numbers that would result in P3 arriving to Ragol 40yrs after they left. I decided they would leave before P2 arrived for dramatic tensions, and the fact that Coral couldn't hold up for much longer.

As for the reason why not to land on another planet, not everyone knows the story of the other Phantasy Stars. I have played them, that doesn't mean everyone has. Your idea is still good, though.

On 2004-02-23 15:57, Logical2u wrote:
    Zeb, with your math, you are assuming that they are going for 10 years (!) to Ragol and it seems like 1 year. Close to the speed of light, correct? But, considering the fact that they can attain that speed, would they not compensate for it?

It was 7 years between the launch of Pioneer 1 and Pioneer 2. An NPC says it was a 2 year journey to Ragol, therefore, it would have been a two year semblance, no? But, if they were using NLST (near lightspeed travel) they wouldn't use ship times, because they SHOULD know it would be delayed. So it would be 2 years in the rest of the universe. And, it really seems as if it was not a 2 month trip. If so it would go back and forth. But, if you ARE right, it would have been 20 years to ragol in real life! That WOULD account for the Central Dome being so advanced and such a large technology base preestablished, although that could be done quickly, as well. But if it was 20 years, wouldn't all those 'quirks' be discovered long before Pioneer 2 arrived? (The missing people, the experiments and faulty AIs) But those could be chalked off to old glitches as well. But, if it was 20 years, might of Falz been discovered? So, I just think that time would pass at the same rate for some reason or another, possibly an artifical wormhole/ gravity anomoly powered by a photonic engine. Probably very new. Or old, depending on how you think the Coralians got there, either from the Algo system or are a preestablished culture in a different storyline.

Zeb, I think I just confused myself.
    It's difficult to say how fast they traveled in space, but I understand what you are getting at. You are refering to that one theory about having twins, one stays on earth while the other one goes on a space ship that travels near the speed of the light. The twin that was on the earth would have aged like 60 years or so while the one on the spaceship didn't age at all.

Though in order for it to travel near light speed (I am so going to hammered on this one) there needs to be a force greater to the speed of light which is somewhat highly unlikely. Plus you have to take the other factor into affect. If you travel the speed of light or get near it, your mass increases exponentially to infinity. And probably this might be another factor... humans usually just feel acceleration but not speed. I mean it would be pretty taxing to the old people on Pioneer 1 & 2, don't you think. Of course, we did see it warp out of it's route when it did approach Ragol.

Though how I'm treating this in my comic is like 'Space Cruiser Yamato' (aka StarBlazers) and the ship can only do warps from one point to another and after a warp they would have to make repairs on the ship.

(... and no, I don't know anything about Star Trek travel or physics...)

---

Hmm, I don't think I'll say anything about my idea. I'm kinda incorporating it into my comic, and I'll see how far I can go with it, but if I come with anything new... I'll tell you.

---

And any of you who are curious, I'm not joining this group fanfiction because I can't write fanfictions anymore, and that is why I am drawing my comic...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-02-23 17:34 ]</font>

On 2004-02-23 06:34, Butoden wrote:
    How about all the top scientist colaborated to make the most powerful android ever, but things didn't work out as they wanted and thus the evil android now roams around Ragol killing everything?
    Minues the killing stuff on Ragol thing, you got pretty close to the subject of my next (possible but unlikely) fanfic. The only reason I made Ridley was to try and get used to writing about a flying droid. The superdroid will be a lot more, well, super, than Ridley is. She'll be the android to end all androids.

Just wait and see.

On 2004-02-23 15:25, Zebulan7 wrote some stuff.
    Hey Zebulan, have you ever read the Hyperion series, or is the idea of shiptime and time-debt widespread throughout the sci-fi universe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2004-02-23 18:39 ]</font>

On 2004-02-23 15:25, Zebulan7 wrote some stuff.LOL
    Hey Zebulan, have you ever read the Hyperion series, or is the idea of shiptime and time-debt widespread throughout the sci-fi universe?
    Actually, no. I don't know what you are talking about.

I mean it would be pretty taxing to the old people on Pioneer 1 & 2, don't you think.
    That is actually represented in the next chapter of my Fanfic. I believe slowing down was a very violent process. In the opening sequence, you can see that flash of light.

It was just an idea, and I wasn't think of all the scientific things envolved. We don't have to be PC, this is just a group fic, we don't have to apply all the rules.

Wielder of Divine Might

Ok, I'm not one for group fics, but M_BlackHawk's name on the first post got me interested.

I'd be interested in doing this. I'd might be just the thing to get me back into a writing mood so I can finish my fics.

It'd be interesting working on a fiction where I do not (and should not) have complete creative control, but, that's why it's a completely different animal.

If any of you guys want to know any experience on my part, you can check out my fiction. The link in my sig should still take you there. Mind you the first 4 or so chapters are complete crap, I must have written them 2 years ago and I was too tired with them to really give them a good overhaul before I posted them. Besides, I started posting my fiction on this site a long time ago. So long ago some of you guys reading this thread might not even know who the heck I am or why M_BlackHawk would want me to help in this fic.

The Original Bullet Magnet

holy rusted metal batman!!

people actually like my idea?? happy to hear it, after i posted it up there was this voice in the back of my head said "everyone is gonna think that is crap". which was worrying, cause usually it only says kill.

*ahem*

personally i really like rubbish's and blackhawks plotlines. both sound pretty dam good!!

nothing like a creppy horror,

or an overwhelming battle al la reverse helms deep style.

PEACE!!!

Creator Of Worlds

Whatever the result of this group-fic contest thingy, I do plan on attempting a group-fic based on my 'Return of the shadow king' idea.
    I would also run a group-fic based on Boc's P1 idea at the same time should it not get chosen.

Ok, I guess I'm in.

If anyone could second it, I would be willing to run for a captain position. My stories are extremely detailed and pretty intense. Before there are more votes cast, read some of my work to see if you like it.

Talk to you guys soon.