Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    I Dream Of Sleep

Hmm, only ideas i could come up with for storyline is something set just after the fall of Falz (like most fics). Maybe just hunters trying to make a name for themself's in a world where they arent of much use anymore (the Hunters were in big demand when there was hordes of creatures and Falz about, but now that those threats have been cleared up, theres not much use of them). What would hunters do without all those big challenges to clear?

Not very in depth i know, but just chucking a few ideas about, and for some reason i really like the image of hunters in long swaying grass at the minute, kinda calming, yet sad at the same time. Umm, that went wierd, but it would make more sense in a scene of fan fic.

Also, one quick suggestion for this 'competion'. Maybe we could rope a fan artist in on this and get them to draw up a 'Cast Photo' for the winners? That would be pretty cool.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

... maybe we need another poll for the plot-lines too.

*rubs forehead*

Just your average Numbskull...again

On 2004-02-21 19:32, Solstis wrote:
    ... maybe we need another poll for the plot-lines too.

*rubs forehead*
    No.

How about a "What If...?" type groupfic?
    You know, the comic series Marvel used to do.

Bah, these things almost never work out well... I'm usually turned off by summaries that go "What if [something] happened?" Sure, I understand you're doing an Alternate Universe fic, Mr. Author, but the summary sounds lame to me. Just stick the letters AU in the beginning and write the actual no-joke summary! [/rant]

Anyways, in my case I'm pretty much willing to go for an Insa-related storyline if the other writers agree to it. We can either do it in the timeline where Shurikane is still alive (she'll thus get featured, or at least one of her kin will) or after her death (where this time I'd feature Sierra.)

Another thing I have in mind is Demi communities. In a sense, we reverse the perspective - we go into the ruins and take a look at the life of the Demi kin, thus making them seem good and the hunters seem evil. It's the same old story plot, but we get to feature the interesting weapons and abilities unique to each Demi.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Just your average Numbskull...again

We be the animals, like Mr Rubbish's Pal Rappy short?

On 2004-02-21 23:03, Zzzzzz wrote:
    We be the animals, like Mr Rubbish's Pal Rappy short?
    *Rubs hands* Obviously you haven't read IHTIF yet.

I like KodiaX's idea as well. We need to decide on a plot that is completely new, but flexible enough to get two different storylines out of.

Insa setting might work, and would be fun for people who have read the insa series, but if you haven't...

How about from the perspective of MAGs?

Offline Only Veteran

How about from the perspective of MAGs?
    I can already see them talking to eachother!

Rukmin: "I'm 66% charged!"
    Pushan: "I'm hungry!"
    Rukmin: "Your owner uses up all the items you like!"
    Pushan: "I wanna be traded!!"

Creator Of Worlds

Since a few of you expressed interest in my idea I thought I might as well map out the plot-points for you lot to mull over. (Even though I think that it may not work in a group-fic setting and it would be slightly more serious than 'RotM')

Title: Return of the Shadow King.
    Style: Serious / Supernatural Horror.
    Plot: 2 weeks after death of Falz. Hunters start to die in mysterious circumstances.
    Plot-points:
    1. Hunters accompany researchers/scientists into ruins to find out origin of Falz and spaceship.
    2. Discover Falz never died. He is trapped on spiritual plane.
    3. They must trap him in a weak, living body (not android) and seal him up forever.

Additional notes: Dark Falz cultists can be thrown in to spice things up (though not Sedalia!) if necessary.

------

For Boc's thingy, I'm a bit fuzzy as to definite events but it might go a little like:

1. Something.
    2. Saboteurs attack Pioneer One.
    3. Something.
    4. Pioneer One leaves safely for Ragol.

----------

Butoden's idea. Not sure, it doesn't seem to be a great departure from the many other group-fics we have done in recent times. Its just a forest->ruins run in challenge mode.

-----------

DeathScytheAlpha's idea. That almost kind of like the basis for Episode 3. Who is going to provid adequate opposition for the hunters though? (Zi'Zuku can't fight the ENTIRE Guild...)

---------

KodiaX's idea. I am currently ambivalent over a 'Insa' based group-fic. I'll do one if its what the people want but I haven't read any of them. How much do they differ from the PSO reality/continuity?

The Dimenians thing would certainly be fun if short.

"Intruder!"
    *Shing!*
    *Dies*
    "Holy Crap! The intruders just killed Bill! Run away!"

--------------

Garanz's idea. A Mag's point of view might work but we THEN would require a plot for their masters to take part in. Thus leaving us back at square one. Plus the majority of my characters don't own mag's so i'd have to invent a whole new bunch of them!

---------

Keep the ideas coming!

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2004-02-22 05:14, mr_rubbish wrote:

DeathScytheAlpha's idea. That almost kind of like the basis for Episode 3. Who is going to provid adequate opposition for the hunters though? (Zi'Zuku can't fight the ENTIRE Guild...)
    Is it? Doh! I really should start looking into the EP3 storyline, if the game ever come sout over here in the UK.

Um, ill get back to everyone on another idea i once had. Was going to be a seperate chapter in an alternate DH storyline i once had, but i can remember most of it didnt focus on the actual DH storyline, thats why i dropped it.

On 2004-02-22 05:14, mr_rubbish wrote:

(Zi'Zuku can't fight the ENTIRE Guild...)
    You can add Ridley to the mix and you get all the opposition you'll need. <.< >.>;