Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I heard they are spending extra time on ver 2 to make it more hack-proof. Do you guys think this will finally be the end of losers using Gamershark to dup/hack items?

PSO Assassin
    Take a left, then a right. Finally, go straight for 2 days.

As much as I'd love to say yes, it probably won't. It will delay it yes, but eventually someone will hack an item, or someone will figure out how to dupe something. I'll just play the hell outta the game before that happens.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

Did they even do anything to prevent cheating in version 1? I remember hearing things of how they were trying to block cheaters, yet just weeks after PSO game out codes were released.

PSO Assassin

v2 will have more server side elements
    therefore less ways to cheat

what i would like is the possibility to make
    a server side character and play on secure servers(like diablo2/battlenet)

Mercenary for Hire

If it's possible to carry over items from your original PSO characters, then it's already hopeless to prevent duped/hacked items.

I hope that they DON'T let you carry over items from your original character, and use some sort of server-side serial number item tracking system to prevent duping/hacking items.

In order to allow off-line play, there should be a "pool" of available items assigned to each Dreamcast which can be received in offline play. A hacker might be able to mess with the gamesaves in order to cheat his way into getting all of those available items (without having to search for them manually), but at least this will be a limitted supply.

PSO Assassin

Well, if they can stop hacking cool. but i would like to be able to carry my rares that i have, (granted they may be hacked but as far as i know they are not...hmmm)
    there is never a real way to stop hacking, and even if they did, someone will and that will make those items just as rare.
    who knows, just bring me pso append..(i pre-ordered the jp version, just in case i have to wait till the fall for the us version...man that sucks!! )
    laterz

beany>

Remmember you must pay-to-play online in the Japanese PSO , EVERY MONTH. aka Hunter License,Dricas account. its not free.

to register for dricas you must know japanese.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambel on 2001-04-16 22:52 ]</font>

wow i hit post 300 cool, n e wayz, I think that Cheating will be stalled for a while on PSo v2.0 but it will surfase some how. Im sure of it. There is no such thing as an un-hackable game. but what i do beleive is that sega can act faster, and easier about cheating so if it comes up it can be stopped fast.

The more people try to stop hacking the better the hackers get. The best way to stop it is private servers, where you can control who you play with.

Hackers see extensive anti-cheating measures as a challenge. But hopefully the challenge will be a little too hard for your average sunlight deprived mediocre hacker, as to keep cheating out of the norm.