View Poll Results: OK, don't jump down my throat, i don't know whether this has been mentioned or not yet, and i'm not

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes 1

4 18.18%
  • Yes 2

1 4.55%
  • A

5 22.73%
  • B

1 4.55%
  • No

11 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ep3 Duping

OK, don't jump down my throat, i don't know whether this has been mentioned or not yet, and i'm not looking through all the posts to find out.

I don't know if there is a way to dupe in epi 3, and i don't know if there ever will be, but what will you do if there is/becomes one? I don't want to write really long things on the poll itself so i'll explain them here.

Yes 1 = Yes definatly, the second someone finds a way to dupe, i'm there.
    Yes 2 = I'll be part of the team looking for the way to dupe!
    A = I would dupe for backup only, if they get rid of any possiblilty of FSOD/BSOD/whatever means i lose my items, then i'll give up duping.
    B = I will not look for a way to dupe, but if there becomes one and everyone starts using it, then i will be 'forced' to start so that i'm on the same level as everyone else. A lot like why some people started doing it on Epi 1.
    No = No chance. Legit to the end. I won't dupe even if there becomes a way to and everyone does it.

One thing, you remember that PSO 3 takes the form of a card game. The symptoms of epi 1&2 fsod may be different. For instance how do you know you ose all youre cards if you fsod in epi 3. Could someone out there who has epi 3 and has suffered a fsod, what do you lose if anything?

Mercenary for Hire

There is no need to dupe for backup: you can't lose cards ever. Only if your memory card corrupts. Then you would lose your cards. No FSOD (yes they are still there) will make you lose cards AFAIK, so relax

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-02-28 14:27 ]</font>

No loss of cards AFAYK (i made that up)? Well i suppose thats a start. Funny how nobody has voted 'no' yet.

I'm laughing at this poll simply because you are stating that there will be an actual TEAM set up to find out how to dupe in the next game. Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

I can see how it would play out now:

Boss: Well, fellow team members, we have come up with a new idea for further DUPE product lines. Number one will be the guy you report your progress to on a daily basis. Now, we have a lot of work to do, so I'll let you all get started. But I will check up with each of you some time today just to see how you're doing. Jimmy, I'll start with you, because you've got the most problems.

Jimmy: Thanks a lot boss, I always learn a lot when we talk with each other. Maybe I can kiss your ass on the way out too, how about that? Huh? Huh?

IN THE LOBBY OF THE BOSS

Boss: Well, Jimmy, right now we don't have a single dupe of a Yasminkov 9000, which means we will be able to offer somebody a good deal on one if they have one when they come in to make a trade.

Jimmy: Say! I know a guy who is in the Euro servers with one of those. It's not too hot, but I was thinking of getting back to him with an offer in the next few weeks.

Boss: Well, get him in here today. We'll make sure to get him something he really wants.

Jimmy: (Walking away) Well, my life's a hollow lie.

LATER ON

ADE: Well, I'd like to believe that I could take this dupe back to you, but the last several dupes I had, it always seemed that the problem with them was my fault, and not the fault of the dupes.

Jimmy: Well, that's the point ADE, we want you to be just as happy with your dupe next year, or next week, as you are with it today.

Boss: That's right Jimmy. And you have my word, ADE, if there is a problem with this duped weapon, we'll make it right for you.

Jimmy: (Cracking up) Yeah, right. OK.

LATER ON

Boss: Well, n00bs, tell me what progress you've made over the past day.

Number 1: I tried shutting my game off before it saved, then ripping the memory card out, and pissing on it. I ended up corrupting my file completely. I'm angry, and leaving this stupid team.
    (Number 1 exits lobby)

Boss: Oh, crap, well there goes the best hacker on our team.

Jimmy: Is this really a team? That's f'd up.

Boss: Whatever. What did you find out Jimmy? Have you learned how to go to the basket and dunk yet?

Jimmy: No... But I blew up a porta-potty once.

Boss: Ew...

Jimmy: I had to change my clothes after that.

Boss: (Looking away from Jimmy) What about you ADE? Have you found any way to dupe on episode 3 yet?

ADE: This duped photon drop is great! LOL, I b gonna pwn u all! ADE > j00!!

Boss: ADE? Attention please.

ADE: I'm sorry, I just find it laughable how everybody thinks I'm so uber-elite-legit. I use all this psycho-babble to confuse the smaller players. I've been using dupes almost from day one on here!

Boss: And your findings on how to dupe in episode 3?

ADE: Um... sorry, the cheating site that I visit on the net is having some problems right now. I'm afraid I can't be of any help to the team right now. At least I know all about damage-negate.

Boss: You know what? This team idea was pretty stupid to begin with. I guess I'll just wait around for someone to finally figure it out. It should be posted all over the net shortly after that for everybody to make use of.

Jimmy: Pwned!

ADE: Mentally OWNED. ADE > ALL OF J00!!

Boss: LEAVE ME ALONE!! (Exits Lobby)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-02-29 01:55 ]</font>

Lol, that is very funny trypticon, but it seems to me that you are taking the mick. That seems to be everyone's game on psow, can anyone explain that to me? I mean i prefer to be friends with people, and i definatly wouldn't waste that amount of time on the way someone had phrased something.

If you didn't mean it to be disrepectful at all then sorry for thinking you did, but there are too many people on these forums that are like that.

Back to topic. Do you actually know how to dupe on epi 1? Trust me its not something someone just came across acidentally, they were looking for a way to do it, and i'm positive former-dupers will look for ways to do it on epi 3. So calling it a team was bad phrasing, i didn't mean they had big get-togethers and discussed possible duping methods over cups of tea. I just ment that there will be people trying to do it, and i was simply refering to them as a collective. I could've said 'group', but since this is a game we're talking about, i thought 'team' would sound better. You're little story would've sounded funnier if i had said 'gang' .

What is funny is that the shop dupe method, as well as stealing out of the trade window, which is part of the shop dupe method, were both known and being practiced within a week or two of the game being released in the US. The trick to pulling it off at all seems to have required a long programming code, and I'm almost led to believe that Sonic Team left it in there, or put it in there for people to have a way to back up their items in case of their characters being corrupted. Having the ability to back things up doesn't replace the inability to copy your character files to another memory card, but it is the next best thing when it comes to saving the things you worked so hard to find already.

I didn't mean any disrespect by going off on the wording in your post. I'm glad you found it funny, because that it what I was hoping for. But I didn't want to drag it out, so I decided to keep it short and pointless. Give me a good four of five hundred pages to describe something, and I'll be a happy man. I do know what you mean with a lot of the people on these forums acting like they are more holy than thou though. Just ignore them, and you'll find some nice people on here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-02-29 01:54 ]</font>

On 2004-02-28 18:05, trypticon wrote:
    What is funny is that the shop dupe method, as well as stealing out of the trade window, which is part of the shop dupe method, were both known and being practiced within a week or two of the game being released in the US. The trick to pulling it off at all seems to have required a long programming code, and I'm almost led to believe that Sonic Team left it in there, or put it in there for people to have a way to back up their items in case of their characters being corrupted. Having the ability to back things up doesn't replace the inability to copy your character files to another memory card, but it is the next best thing when it comes to saving the things you worked so hard to find already.

I didn't mean any disrespect by going off on the wording in your post. I'm glad you found it funny, because that it what I was hoping for. But I didn't want to drag it out, so I decided to keep it short and pointless. Give me a good four of five hundred pages to describe something, and I'll be a happy man. I do know what you mean with a lot of the people on these forums acting like they are more holy than though though. Just ignore them, and you'll find some nice people on here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-02-28 18:20 ]</font>
    I don't want to flame you trypticon, but I can tell by your post that you have absolutely no idea what it takes to program and that they coded it in order to dupe. I program, I know how easy it is for bugs to slip in.

But regardless, wouldn't it be counter-productive to insert code in to allow people to dupe, only to remove the same code later when it came to patching the X-Box version and PSO+?

Good question, and thank you for the unnecessary flame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-02-28 21:18 ]</font>

Intresting idea. I've never thought that ST would've made it so it could be done in order that people could backup their items, if that was the case, and ST admitted to it, then that would sure end a whole lot of 'is it wrong to dupe' wars eh?

Although i am pretty sure it is a glitch.