Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Through the Fire and Flames

yay! follow this, or ill have to come mace you all.

we should all worship lolli's feet for the wisdom she hast bestowed upon us, so please dont spam the forum with question that have been answered in these guides!

read them through, if your still confused, I am willing to answer PM's on the subject, and im sure others are too. just dont make a million and one topics on it, please

A quick note to new episode III users. If you are on dialup, please note that it takes a bit longer for the ship select to come up than it did in episode 1&2 when you sign on.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I'm up for taking questions as well. Resident guru that somehow has managed to not get any cards here, despite knowing what all of them do.

Hey great resources here, much appreciated, I plan to go out and pick up EPIII. However being an offline only player, I do still have the couple following questions-

1) are there a lot of planned dl only quests? I wouldn't really have any way to get this on my card so with that an auction.. just trying to gage how much I'm going to be missing out on.

2) how engaging for 2 player? I got my wife involved with pso for awhile but we eventually tired of it. couldn't quest together or even do the story mode together (just those silly messages but still), the size of screen and camera angles for boss fights were quite challenging, and I had to go through and do a LOT of unlocking of solo story mode so we could play the spots we'd want to past forest.

I'd rather play co-operative as she's likely going to be less diehard than me as she was with PSOI&II, so is there story mode, quests, and/or battle mode co-ops? I'll look around more for this too.

co-op also seems to make a lot more sense from the standpoint we'll probably always seeing both eachothers cards right?? lol

EDIT- ah I went back to the first link there, looks like NO co-op storymode or questmode. I'm guessing battle mode, both of us on one side, and 1-2 comps on the other side, is the only option there for me, right? Ah well :b

3) I'm looking at card limitations, being only offline looks like some can never be mine. Well so it goes. But I also noticed a bunch of cards come by having some save games, and some of them I saw on no other list, so maybe I could get a clarification-

PSO I&II Nano Dragon + : Arkz card R4, can find offline normally?
    Billy Hatcher & Egg : Clippen.. what is this? save game/ Event only?
    SA2:Battle : Rage - R4, listed all over the place
    SAX : Sange - R4, can find offline normally?

Sonic Heroes: Beat - is this actually Sinow Beat or something else? Guessing 'event' if not Sinow?
    Also Hallo Rappy & Sonic Knuckles, listed elsewhere. Seems like a pretty good one with all that..!

Finally Sonic Mega Collection : Madam's Umbrella N1

Now I have a bunch of Sega games.. on my DC, Saturn, and Genesis Unfortunately I only have PSO I&II from this list, do I need these saves at the time I start the game to get them, can I get these extra cards later or on another character? Are any of these tradeable between my offline characters at all? Or in fact are they all 'event'/non-tradable?

I'm not about to go out and buy all those (especially since I own a couple of them on their original platforms) but I was kicking around at least renting one or two since I have a few game rental coupons hanging around.

Well enough chatter, appreciate any help, thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CKaz on 2004-03-05 12:23 ]</font>

I'll field this one.

1) are there a lot of planned dl only quests? I wouldn't really have any way to get this on my card so with that an auction.. just trying to gage how much I'm going to be missing out on.
    Right now, there are 2 DL quests, only available n the JP version. We have no idea if there are going to be a ton more, it's really up to Sonic Team.

2) how engaging for 2 player?
    Well, the Offline mode, plotwise is very expansive. 2 Players can't access offline quest mode, but the 1v1 or 2v2 play is about as entertaining as online. You'll probably be up for a lot of solo play in any case though, just to raise card levels.

3) Card Limitations
    The only cards you have to have save files for are Billy Hatcher for Clippen and Sonic Heroes for Beat, Halo Rappy, and Sonic Knuckles. Everything else can be gained through gameplay itself. Well worth renting the two games for the cards, as they can't be gained normally and (at least Halo Rappy) are decently useful.

I heard on offline you have to unlock the decks.

If your online are they all unlocked?

Through the Fire and Flames

On 2004-03-06 12:18, Aunt_Betty wrote:
    I heard on offline you have to unlock the decks.

If your online are they all unlocked?
    offline you have to unlock enemy decks, but doing this unlocks them online, so it works out.
    its basically another encouragement to play offline for a bit.

On 2004-03-05 20:03, Arislan wrote:
    The only cards you have to have save files for are Billy Hatcher for Clippen and Sonic Heroes for Beat, Halo Rappy, and Sonic Knuckles. Everything else can be gained through gameplay itself. Well worth renting the two games for the cards, as they can't be gained normally and (at least Halo Rappy) are decently useful.

Ok great, that's what I seemed to get out of doing some checking around and looking at card databases. Probably end up nabbing the title today or tomorrow. One last thing though, can I get those save files AFTER I already start a game? May not have my 2 rentals done prior (I get a free coupon a month)..

thanks!

Yes, it can be done at any time. I'm still looking for a copy of Sonic Heroes or Ep 3 Trial for those 3 cards, and when I do finally catch a copy, I'll still be able to use it.