Topic.

At the moment it does NOT work. The reason is the program is waiting for a specific file on the memory card which is pso_screen.gci. The snapshot file for PSO ep.3 is called pso3_screen.gci. Until the program is updated to accept that file also you will probably get a message about file not found.

However if you have a USB card, you can save the screen file to your pc and simply drag and drop the file over PSO Proxy (of course you need to run the program first lol) and it will convert it as a .png file that ends up in your snapshot folder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-08 09:49 ]</font>

A Squeaker!

It would seem to be that the problem stretches furthen than that, I think it's on the gamecube side.

Reason I say this is after I pop in the proxy info and attempt to connect to the page that's set up on my comp through the proxy, it won't load at all.

On 2004-03-11 02:29, Makojin wrote:
    It would seem to be that the problem stretches furthen than that, I think it's on the gamecube side.

Reason I say this is after I pop in the proxy info and attempt to connect to the page that's set up on my comp through the proxy, it won't load at all.
    regardless of your any problems you have on your side, it still would not work with PSO 3 (even if it did load for you.)

PSO Proxy works just fine for PSO ep.1&2. I've used it many times with no problems whatsoever. As I already stated, the reason it won't work with PSO 3 is because PSO Proxy is not told to accept the pso3_screen.gci file.

Maybe if you explain your setup a little better I can help you at least get it set up to use with PSO ep.1&2, and then when its updated you can use the new version for PSO 3.

BTW, the so-called test they have you run on your pc means nothing. Not sure why they even include it really. Everything that takes place will take place on your tv screen through your GC except for the very last step which is that PSO Proxy accepts the file sent to your pc and converts it for you to a .png file. The page that you are connecting to will show on your tv, not your pc. The test page on your pc is basically worthless, all it does is confirm that PSO Proxy is running (which obviously it is if you click the Start button lol) it has NOTHING to do with actually getting your screenshot to your pc. The screen file named upload.html (which is found in the visualbbs folder) is the actual screen that gets loaded up from your pc to display on your TV screen. And you can actually customize that page lol. I redid my upload page to display a cool PSO background with pso fonts for the text. I have cable so the extra file size doesn't affect me.

I'm gonna test to see if I can update PSO Proxy myself, but my nephew is playing my PSO 3 atm, so when he is done I will test it and if it works, I'll submit the updated version here. UPDATE: Didn't work, I need to do some more digging through the files to see why it won't load.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-11 10:50 ]</font>