Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fate binds us, destroys us.

Well I'll be. Look at the card you get in EP3 for getting every card in the game.

DEL RAPPY

As far as I know, Garanz2 wrote his BFBRBR story (which stared a character known as Del Rappy) before Episode 3 was released.

So, who's copying who? It seems to me that Sega/SonicTeam is using a character from Garanz2's story...

It makes sense to me that they'd look at freelance writing material for some ideas, but direct copying?...

The Original Bullet Magnet

seriously? theres a del rappy card?

next thing u know aurally enhanced rangers will be turning up.

maybe he shoulda copyrighted the idea

PEACE!!!

I Dream Of Sleep

Technically his idea is automatically copyrighted to him for 10 years if it is written on a home computer (wow, i did learn somehting at college). So if he has his story saved to his hard drive and can proove it was written before EP3 was released SEGA could be in breach of his copyright. But then again he is standing on shaky ground seeing as his character was based off an original SEGA creation, the Rappy, and could put him in breach of the copyright law.

So, um, yeah. Screwed both ways technically.

Heh, Del Rappy card.

Del rappy! That would go great alongside a Hallo rappy and (my personal favorite) the LOVE RAPPY!
    I think two things need to happen:
    1)Someone needs to find the copyright laws for where ever this is taking place and
    2)Someone needs to get a picture of that sucker! We can compare it with the Del Rappy in Fan Works and see how they match up. If it's close enough, LET'S GRANTS--I mean, SUE THEIR PANTS OFF! Our demands: We demand that all previous PSO games be reformatted to GC, Xbox, and PS2 for our continued pleasure Aaaand....ANOTHER SHRUBBERY! Then! They must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with----a HERRING!!*Moewowowowow*
    ST:What? That's ridiculous!
    Judge Gnarled Rose:Yes, but it might be fun to watch. So ordered. *bang of the gavel, cheers and beers for everyone on PSOW.*
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to frantically rush off and find that pic!

Now, remember, the Japan release was before his post when he released it: 2004-01-12. The Japan release was November 27, 2003.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-03-21 09:57 ]</font>

Fate binds us, destroys us.

Ok, his first story, Black Force Black Ring Black Rappy first introduced the Del Rappy around 2003-05-27 03:53. If you can say a Rappy is open to discussion, but a specific one is different, well... And Navi did a pic of Garanz's Rappy a while back.

And if it's copyrighted for ten years, well,..

(Gnarled Rose, did you get that from an old gaming magizine, with the Game Boy Camera comic in it? (Darth Vader asking for a shrubbery?))

On 2004-03-21 12:08, Logical2u wrote:
    (Gnarled Rose, did you get that from an old gaming magizine, with the Game Boy Camera comic in it? (Darth Vader asking for a shrubbery?))
    monty python and the holy grail

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-03-21 12:21 ]</font>

Wow Sord, that was a useful post

On topic, I thought about this for a while. The first I heard of it was when I saw the Del rappy in Arislan's sig. Yes, I wrote BFBRRR before the image was disclosed, and had no knowledge of it's existance until then, but ep3 was, I think, released before I started, meaning Del is property of ST

Of course, I could be wrong, but even if Del was legally my copyright, would I really stand a chance against a worldwide, multi-millon software company?

15 YEAR OLD BOY vs SOFTWARE GIANT

GRUDGE MATCH! WHO OWNS DEL?!

FIGHT!

Coming soon! (Maybe)

no offense but you would die.
    btw do you have any proof you actually did it before it was released?

On 2004-03-22 02:34, Gajeh wrote:
    no offense but you would die.
    btw do you have any proof you actually did it before it was released?
    No offence taken.

The only proof I have is probably the date of posting shown by the site. I did have it on a file, but the disk it was saved to screwed up and had to be formatted.