Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

At KodiaX987's suggestion, I'm getting this bad boy started. Team B in the group fic contest consists of the following people:
    KodiaX987 (Captain)
    Myself [M_BlackHawk]
    Butoden
    Chaos_Phoenix
    Davion
    Deathscythealpha
    Garanz2
    Hikara
    Logical2U
    Solstis
    Sord
    White_Knight
    Zebulan7
    Zzzzzz

Team A can read this fic, but please don't chime in here. We're showing you the same courtesy in your thread.

Team B members, let's keep the OOC (out of character) comments and suggestions to our private forum so we don't clutter the thread here with them. Also, if there's an ooc comment you make here, be sure to separate it from the gist of your post like I am here.

So, without further Ado, folks. Let's get this party started.

-----------------------------------------------------

Episode 1: A Far Reaching Crisis

Shots zinged past the head of a young scarlet haired HUmar, as he ran through the jungles of Ragol. He looked back to see his pursuers gaining ground on him. The young man hopes beyond hope that he can make his extraction point before the troops close the gap.

"What does the boy know?" General Carl Heinrickson asks of his subordinate.

"Not too much," the man responds, "He didn't have time to get into our databases, but he and his people did make it into the lab. There's really no telling how much he saw in there."

"So, he could have gotten visual confirmation on our projects?"

"It's likely, sir, but no one would believe him, should he try to go public."

"And his superiors?"

"Have gone deep underground, sir. We cannot locate them. We feel they are members of an intelligence unit that went rogue about 3 months ago."

"Keep on it. And if that boy gets away, try to track him down too."

"Yes sir," the soldier responds, and then leaves the room.

The young HUmar feels a shot hit him in the shoulder, and another in the leg. He falls to the ground, looking behind him again. He sees the soldiers again gaining on him. He takes a telepipe out of his pocket and sets it below him. He disappears as the troops close in for the kill. His teleport gate disappears five seconds after the young HUmar disappears.

Angelus Manor is quiet this particular day, as hunters who have gathered here for one reason or another are going about their usual daily routines of training, reading, or trying to further fortify this place, in case of attack.

Inside the training room, a teleport gate opens up just long enough for a badly injured, red haired man carrying a katana to appear out of teleport space muttering, "Must find...uncle."

It's all up to the rest of you now, folks.

later

M_BlackHawk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: M_BlackHawk on 2004-03-22 08:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: M_BlackHawk on 2004-04-08 08:59 ]</font>

Offline Only Veteran

A HUcast, who was practicing his twin sword skills notices the HUmar.
    "..What do we have here.." he thinks as he approaches the Hunter. Others gather with the HUmar as well. Butoden offers his help.
    "Looks as if you can use a hand..."
    "Thanks. Whoever you are.." the HUmar says, grabbing Butoden's shoulder to stay balanced.
    "These wounds don't seem like ones made by a monster. More like... pierced attacks.." Butoden thinks as he looks at the Hunter's shoulder.
    "What happened?"
    "Must find uncle.." the Hunter says, hopping towards the door.

Director of Project Revolution

A black clad, brown haired FOmar came skidding to a halt in the forest as the Telepipe closed, his Mechguns clutched tightly in his hands. The commander of his squadren let out a sigh of disappointment as the HUmar they had been chasing disappeared.

"Force Hikara, can we trace that Telepipe?" the commander shouted. Hikara pulled out a small device and swept it over the location of the Telepipe, waiting for some signal.

"Negative, Commander. The Telepipe seems to have been covered by some other technology. What we've got with us isn't nearly enough to get done what you want."

"Dang. We lost him... We've been chasing after the kid for 15 mins., only to lose him... Alright, boys, this is a lost cause. Return to base and get yourselves rested. Lieutenant, make sure you give the order to tighten security around the labs."

"Yes sir."

The Lieutenant then turned to Hikara and asked if he would do the honors. Hikara nodded again as the commander walked off towards the general, a depressed look on his face. The rest of the squadren gathered around Hikara, as he cast a Ryuker, sending them towards the Military Headquarters for some well deserved rest and relaxation. Well, everyone else would get some R and R, but Hikara had someone else he had to report to: Garanz Mk. II, his surperior officer and the RAcast Hikara played a Support Force for. Hikara only played a Support Force for Military Squadrens whenever he was ordered, but only if Garanz wasn't out on duty. Otherwise, "Force" Hikara, as Support Forces were called instead of being given ranks, would be following the RAcast around. Hikara drank a Fluid, replaced his Mechguns, then walked towards the quarters of Garanz Mk. II, hoping he wouldn't be called out any time soon...

~Ultimate Swordsman~

Hearing muffled sounds coming from the training room, Luke came sprinting down the hall. His light blue hair began to wisp behind him as he thudded along the heavy floor.

"What's the buzz, Butoden?" Luke asked, somewhat out of breath.

"Not sure. He just appeared out of nowhere," responded Butoden, supporting the wounded hunter.

"What's your name?" Luke questioned the boy, but got no response. Suddenly, the boy began to speak softly and weakly,

"Must...find...uncle..." Luke stared blankly at the droopy-eyed boy, and then looked up at Butoden.

"Tend to his wounds, and then find out who he is. I don't want no stranger wandering around this place. He could be a spy," Luke finally spoke, turning towards the exit.

"Luke! This kid is wounded, and I doubt he's a spy. He has pierce wounds. These aren't the attacks of monsters!! This kid needs our help. For some reason, he's running from other humans. We can't just shun him away!" retorted Butoden, angered at Luke's self-imposed superiority. Luke glanced back at Butoden with a glare, and then continued on.

"Fine, but he's not my problem." With that, Luke walked out, leaving Butoden and the boy alone.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

The Forest was always a dangerous place. But now, many years after the battles on the surface, and Pioneer 2, things had calmed down.

If not for the hunts.

It had been more then 10 years since Ardo Melnikov destroyed his nickname, Logical2u, to hide from the Government. Crazy militia fools, thinking they need to fear me. I was only trying to help Pioneer 2, and they go and brand us terrorists. Mysterious thoughts run through his head. He is dressed in denim jeans and a white T-Shirt. Odd, but the monsters were always kept at by training companies. No need to worry any more.

How on earth did it come to this? The man thought. The black rifle in his hands comes to lay over his shoulder, as he thinks...

---

It started, as usual, with a visit from Jeff Littlefield.

The HUmar entered Ardo's abode, awakening the sleeping RAmar. Jil, Ardo's wife, came to see who it was. But, as usual, it was L.Soldier.

Ardo, finally, got up. From fully asleep to full battle mode in 4 seconds. An increase but impressive none the less.

"Ah, Jeff!" Ardo groaned as he yawned. "I see you're back, most likely to disrupt my quiet family! What's the news in the Skyly sector today?" finished the RAmar.

The HUmar, knowing he was welcome, sat, and removed his formal cloak revealing the informal Hunter suit.

"Word on the rumor net... ah what is it called? Net 5? Yea, that's it. Apparently a big Hunter meeting is happening outside the Forest."

"I see. Any word on who?"

"Only that it has to be from someone important. No traceable ID, except that it's via communication arrays, and off ship."

Ardo groaned, and started packing some rotating boxes into a large pack. He pulled an old eye band out and placed it over the scar tissue above his eyes.

"I see. I might as well check it out. It couldn't hurt, one last hurrah before I try to get that new job." Ardo added as he packed.

L.Soldier nodded, understanding his friend. "I'd best be off. Apparently, without me they'd end up back in the stone age."

Ardo Melnikov, formerly Logical2u, wished his friend good bye, then, minutes later, left the house himself, ending up finally in the Forest...
    ---

The Forest is quiet. Ardo goes off the beaten path, into a bush and across a river, to the coordinates Net 5 had. Poor Net 5, never getting any recognition. At least it is secret, still.

The RAmar stops, finding what he thinks will be his final destination.

A fortified manor, on Ragol.

Ardo 'Logical2u' Melnikov calmly heads for the Manor...

That is, until the proximity dectors started blaring and spot lights started pointing at him, with many hunters starting to aim at him from small windows.

"Ah damn! Not today, I didn't wear much armor!"

"What business have you here?!"

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Solstis looked at the massive piles of ordinance spread out before him on a wooden table. Explosives of all kinds lay strewn across its surface, some smaller than a fingernail, and others larger than the human head. A short, plucky Fonewm sat down at the table, smiling proudly at his craftsmanship.

"Look..." Solstis sighed, feeling overwhelmed. "There's no way that I can carry all of this junk."

The Fonewm nearly fell out of his chair.

"This.... 'junk' could save your life!" Replied the Newman, clearly stressing the last word.

"Or kill me when I trip over it. All I need are my pallashes, a pair of mechguns, and a few mates."

The Newman leaned over the table, whispering in hushed tones.

"Look... if this 'meeting' escalates into what I think it will be, you'll need all the firepower you can handle."

Solstis sighed and picked one of many round, colorful objects.

"Leto, what are these?"

"Glad you asked! These grenades mimic the three elemental techniques; I like to call them 'Techanades'." The Newman said, picking up a yellow one.

"I guess I'll take some of these, then. Hey Makar! Are the pallashes ready?" Yelled Solstis in the direction a barely lit corner of the room.

"Yeah, they're ready, though I don't know how you manage to break or lose every weapon you use."

"Hmf." Solstis tucked several of the 'Techanades' into his inventory, and strapped the two pallashes into his belt for easier access. He then walked over to the table, appraised the pile of mechguns there, and picked out two with orange photon shafts.

The Newman gave the semi-retired hunter a quick smile and handed him a headset.

"Keep it on, you'll need it."

Solstis accepted the gift with a handshake, and quickly turned to Makar. He gave his 'brother' a quick hug and left out through the apartment door, heading to the forest.

"Is it just me, or did he forget his armor?" asked an exasperated Leto

---

When Solstis arrived at the large door to the Main Transporter, he was shocked to see that the two human guards had been replaced by a Garanz and a small military outfit.

"Halt! Do you have the proper papers to get in here?"

The guards looked quite unhappy. Apparently, hunters had been sneaking to the surface, and a ranger had just gone down before they had gotten here.

Solstis smiled and pulled his pallashes off of his belt with a flourish.

The guards followed his movements with their guns, and the Garanz readied its missles. What they didn't notice was the blue 'Techanade' at their feet.

Blue ice swirled around the guards, encasing them in pure cold. The Garanz attempted to unleash its missles, but was knocked off balance, sending the missles at the ground.

Hey, those things do work! Thought Solstis as he ran into the teleporter.

Sorry if it's a little long!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-03-22 15:17 ]</font>

the knightly thief at your service
    a tavern in the middle of a rich neigborhood with lots to steal

back in the training room at the manor a hunter was training with a brionic when Luke walked in on his session.
    "Hey what are you doing here?"
    "No one was here when I got here." The hunter says as he stares Luke down while looking over his shoulder brionic point down. His turqoise eyes as piersing as his fathers had been when he was serious. His silver blue hair haging just past his shoulders. It was not hard to see that he was half newman either. Given that it was preatty hard not to know who his parents were.
    "Well I was here before that call from the front door came."
    "Oh yeah speaking of that who was it anyway?" The hunter says as he resumes his training.
    "Toushi if you don't stop this conversation will change."
    "Oh how so?"
    "Don't press your luck."

forgot something

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: White_Knight on 2004-03-22 19:39 ]</font>

Wielder of Divine Might

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was about midday on Ragol. Light, streaming in through the leaves on the treetops, created a beautiful mosaic pattern on the hard ground below. This truly was a wonderful place, holding the hopes and dreams of thousands in its boughs. Birds sang, the streams babbled happily, the leaves rustled in the wind. . .

Gunshots sounded in the distance.

Lives were ended, families torn apart, dreams ruined. The planet that had once seemed so promising now only looked like a tantalizing and forbidden fruit floating in an endless sea of space for the inhabitants of the colony ship Pioneer 2; a deathtrap for those who dare to step foot on its soil.

Colony ship. That's what Pioneer 2 was supposed to be, but that's not what it became. Home. Yes, that's more like it. The ship that once was only supposed to serve as temporary housing for the Coralian refugees had become the new home for them. A prison, but the prisoners don't know they're held captive, and those who know the truth and fight against the wardens are seen as criminals, the enemy. It has been nearly two decades since Pioneer 2 first came to Ragol to fulfill it's mission of delivering the people of Coral to a new home, nearly two decades since its mission was changed.

The light that shone on Pioneer 2 also shone on Angelus Manor. The home of the architect Artemis Angelus, creator of the Pioneer spacecraft, had once made it's home on Pioneer 2, but past struggles with the government concerning the strange events surrounding Artemis' death had forced his survivors to relocate to the planet below.

-----

A door creaked shut, "Master Seifer?"

"Yes, Willem?"

"It appears that there was someone caught snooping around the manor's outer detection rim. He has been taken to the interrogation room."

"We have one of those now?"

"Times have changed, Master Seifer."

"Well, what do we know about him? Is he dangerous?"

"Dangerous? You sir, are dangerous. The question you should ask is, is he a threat to us?"

"Last time I checked, butlers didn't correct their masters."

"Last time I checked, Seifer Angelus took good council from his elders, not to mention friends."

The middle-aged hunter looked up from his desk and into the warm eyes of his servant. Willem smiled at him, "I. . . I'm sorry Willem. It's just that times here really are different. This used to be such a happy place, now it's nothing more than an asylum for political exiles and criminals."

"Would you call them that, or are you just talking through the mouthpiece of the government?"

"Of course I wouldn't call them that. Those hunters and their families who came here to seek refuge from the government are some of the most honorable people I know. I would never have let them live here if it was any different. Dash has really had his hands full training the new recruits for the Angelus Vanguard, and with what Mike seems to be planning, we're going to need them. And since Davion disappeared. . . well, you know. "

"Good, because I think this fellow we have in our custody is compatible with those of us living here. You should go talk to him, he seems a bit scared. I don't think he knew what he was getting into."

"Must have heard of us from that cursed Net 5. Any idea who's been leaking that information?"

"No idea, Caris is working on it as we speak. It takes longer now that she's not hardwired to the Pioneer 2 main network."

"Well, keep her on it. We need to seal that leak as soon as we can."

"You know, I hate being talked about in third person."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Caris." Seifer said to Angelus Manor's A.I, "I forgot that you were listening."

A holographic image of a woman's face appeared floating in the middle of the room, "I'm always listening, Seifer."

"Ah, I see that you have a new face, Madam Caris," Willem said, "This is what, the third change this week?"

"I'm still trying to find a face I like. You know how it is with women."

"That's what I'm still trying to figure out myself." Seifer said, "Fifteen years married and I still don't understand them."

The holographic face smiled, "Well, try to understand this then, Darias is here. He showed up through a telepipe linked to the training room downstairs."

"Darias?" Seifer asked, "Is everything ok? That boy doesn't come around often."

"He's taken several hits with a mid-level photon gun, he's in the medical chamber now, recovering. There seem to be rumors going around saying that he is some kind of spy for the government and people are getting worried."

"Well, send out a message over the intercom that he is not an enemy, reassure them that everything is ok. I don't want a panic, and get word to Mike as soon as you can. He should be on Pioneer 2 looking for possible candidates for this mission he's planning."

"I shall execute your orders immediately." Caris said as her avatar disappeared.

"I wonder what Darias could be here for? Anyway, Willem, exactly where is this interrogation room?"

----

"You can't keep me in here!" Ardo yelled out at the walls, "And don't think that I don't know you're watching me from behind that mirror!"

Suddenly a large holographic female face appeared in the room. "Oh, rest assured that is a real mirror, we don't use those kind of tactics here."

The ranger jumped back in shock, "Who, who are you!?"

"My name is Caris, I'm the artificially intelligent caretaker of Angelus Manor."

"Angelus Manor? Where have I heard that name before?"

"Well, Angelus is a dirty word nowadays on Pioneer 2," a voice said from the doorway, "you might have heard it in a bar."

"Ok, who are you, what is this place?"

"My name is Seifer Angelus, but you're in my home, I should ask who you are."

"My name is--"

"Ardo 'Logical2u' Melnikov, ranger. Height: 72 inches. Weight--"

"That's alright, Caris." Seifer interrupted, "We can let Ardo here tell us his own bio-stats. Now, Ardo, please tell me why you're here."

The ranger then relayed to Seifer the purpose of his trip to Ragol. Seifer, seeing that Ardo wasn't a threat, was about to tell the ranger that he was welcome to stay as long as he wanted, but he was interrupted when the door slammed open.

Two of the manor guards were holding a somewhat short hunter tightly. One of the guards was covered in ice. "Sir, we caught another one."

"Darn it! Those grenades don't work quite as well as I had hoped." the captive thought to himself.

Seifer just smiled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davion on 2004-03-23 11:22 ]</font>

Sloshing footsteps were heard as a tall Newman speed-walked through the corridors of the manor. He quickly passed a hand through his dripping blood-red hair and wiped it on a red towel hooked to his side. With a smile, he tapped the two Charger mechguns nested in his leg holster and took a left into a primary corridor.

He suddenly bumped into the Benaca twins. Not even excusing himself, he kept on going, taking an even faster pace.

Sweat was dripping from his forehead. To relieve his stress, he took a cinnamon gum out of his personal pack and put it in his mouth. We chewed with his canine teeth, actually, kneading the gum more than chewing it. He thought this slow movement of his jaw gave him a tougher look. Sports players always chew gum. They always chew on something, whether it's tobacco, gum or even a piece of rubber. The flavor was already gone by the time he reached the interrogation rooms, so he gave himself an approximate aiming line and spat the gum into a trash can.

"HEY!!! Waddya think you're doing here?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs in the direction of a somewhat baffled ranger.

"Excuse me but..."

"Shut up, Andromeda chick! I'm this close to making firewood out of your hard drive."

Without much ceremony, he picked up a folding chair and sat on it, putting his arms on the top of the chair's back.

The other ranger was still somewhat confused.

"Come on, Melnikov, buddy! You can't recognize your ol' partner Vigore?"
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Just your average Numbskull...again

The Angelus Manor was not the only house built on Ragol. Indeed, there was another house farther away, with an occupation of four people.

A lone man was in the "monitor room." The walls had tons of tiny monitors, each covering different parts of Ragol. There was a giant control panel on the opposite side of the wall.
    A women walked in. "Still no sign of him?" she asked. The man shook his head. "I still don't know if he dissappeared of his own free will or not. I guess every father must have this problem sometime."
    He faced his wife.
    "Don't you think he could take care of himself? He is the oldest."
    "I don't know."
    They where both silent for several beats. Finally, the woman said "I gotta go check on the other kids," and left.
    The father pressed a button on the panel, and it showed on the monitor hunters being shot down by the military in the forest. Helping them was a FOmar.
    "Hmmmmm..."
    Then it repeated at a certain point.
    "Damn free trials. Only a limited amount of footage per day."
    He sat there and thought.
    "Hmmmmmmm...."
    Then the monitors switched channels. They all showed a face of a bald negro-colored man.
    "Commander Gary, sir!" he said.
    Gary seemed surprised.
    "What is it Matto?"
    "Team Black&Blue is wanted at the special base, sir!"
    "Alright. Tell Ryan, Franz and Zek."
    "Yes, sir! Matto, out!"
    Gary headed out of the room to get changed.