Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corrupted One
    Somewhere in the depths of Hades... Uh... I mean Florida

Howdy.

I'm Rith, the level 107 Oran HUmar (as well as the ever popular j311y_m4n)

And now that I have traversed into the ultimate levels and onto the online battle arenas, I have begun to use more and more powerful equipment, until the only items I have equipped are rare. So now I'm begining to spend more time appreciating their worth, and have begun to hunt for specific items to supplement my arsenal.

I'm just wondering what is the mostly commonly recommended combo of armor and shield for a HUmar, and why?

Currently, (In the LOOOOONG run) I hope to hunt down and aquire a set of the best gear available, but I'd like direction as to what IS the best gear available?

Currently, I'm thinking that Smoking Plate and Standstill Shield are the best combo, but I'd like to hear other's opinions.

unless you can invent a class-changing machine to turn that HUmar into a FOnewm, you'll never equip that Smoking Plate...

standstill shield is good though, but i perfer Kasami Braser (attack speed boost )

EDIT: Just wondering... is the Tripolic any good?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeroy on 2004-03-23 16:35 ]</font>

Level 101-122 - Guard Wave (L101 required)
    Level 122-152 - DF Field (L122 required)
    Level 152 - Aura Field (L152 required)

I'm told Luminous Field is very good buy i have never found one so im not sure. But those 3 above are very good at those levels.

Kasami Bracer is by far the best shield for a hunter. Great DEF and EVADE, and it adds 35 to ATP. And you can equip it at level 112 i believe. Standstill Shield is another good one. Little better stats then Kasami but doesn't add ATP. And you need level 125 to equip it. And Kasami looks cooler

Tripolic Shield is a great shield for a force. I think there are better shields for a hunter or ranger. Someone correct me if im wrong, thats another item i don't have.

Hmm, for a HUmar?

Probably Guard Wave, Aura Field, or Virus Armor: Lafruteria with a Kasami Bracer. Or if you don't mind a hack...Hanter's Shell! XD

'Tis all you need. Personally, I'd go with Virus Armor, or even Guard Wave before the Aura Field. It looks kinda bright and stupid and stuff.

For a Ranger, pretty much the same deal, except Stanstill Sheild instead of Kasami. Or if you're a female RAnger, Love and Safety Heart are very nice.

Forces, same as HU/RA, but use Tripolic, or if you don't mind a hack, Red Ring.

For less rare alternatives, a Secret Gear/Attribute Wall will do fine for a great, low-level shield.

On 2004-03-23 16:35, Zeroy wrote:
    unless you can invent a class-changing machine to turn that HUmar into a FOnewm, you'll never equip that Smoking Plate...

standstill shield is good though, but i perfer Kasami Braser (attack speed boost )

EDIT: Just wondering... is the Tripolic any good?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeroy on 2004-03-23 16:35 ]</font>
    Kasami Bracer doesn't boost speed! I thought someone had discussed that already in another topic?

I would recommend it though, as it has great DFP/EVP and the ATP boost is always welcome

The Grand F*ckin Facilitater

i like S-Parts and Electro Frame for robots. i know most of u would probably say "why s-parts?". yah its a low level and really bad defence and evasion and all but think about 15 free ATA. thats not even towards base too. so if have maxed ATA u can still get a bonus 15 towards total ATA. thats so awesome. and electro frame. its got good defence, good evasion and overall its the coolest frame in the whole game imo. thats the perfect equipment for robots too. since only robots can equip them.

for humans or newmans or whatever u call them. i'd say luminous field, aura field, brightness circle, and guard wave are good. i only have guard wave and luminous out of those ones i named though. there both really awesome too. and for a shield, i'd say stick with standstill. i usually keep delsaber's shield equipped on me though (even when im a high enough level to equip standstill). by the time ur that level ur stats should be good enough any way. i just prefer how del's shield looks but if ur lookin for defence, go for SS.

On 2004-03-23 16:32, J311Y_M4N wrote:
    Currently, I'm thinking that Smoking Plate and Standstill Shield are the best combo, but I'd like to hear other's opinions.
    This is on v3? Well Smoking Plate is a FOnewm only armor and Standstill is not FO-equiptable.. so they are not a good combo because they can't exist...?

I personally like Tripolic Shield... nice boost to everything and FO-usable.

I like Guard wave + Tripolic shield. Guard wave is much easier to attain than Lum, is pretty close in stats, and doesn't drain hp. I dislike Lum because I end up taking more damage from the armor than the enemies. Standstill>Tri shield for HUmar (Humar= not very evasive).

I dislike Lum because I end up taking more damage from the armor than the enemies.
    Luminious Field does ONE damage every 3 to 4 seconds. How on earth could it possibly be damaging you more than an enemy? For the EVP/DFP it adds, the damage it deals out is completely, 100% moot. Even to Casts.

On 2004-03-24 08:27, oeagrus wrote:
    I dislike Lum because I end up taking more damage from the armor than the enemies.
    Luminious Field does ONE damage every 3 to 4 seconds. How on earth could it possibly be damaging you more than an enemy? For the EVP/DFP it adds, the damage it deals out is completely, 100% moot. Even to Casts.
    My FOmar, wearing a real shield instead of a Resta Merge and under the influence of Deband and Jellen(L26/L30, respectively), takes 0 damage from most of Ult Forest, online. This is a FOmar, and he is only L135. Depending on where you go, your class, your level and what you're doing, it is entirely possible that you can take more damage from an armor than from the enemies. Especially if they never get to hit you in the first place, which happens quite often in full teams of competent people. >_>;

Personally I'm for Guard Wave and/or DF Field and Red Ring. I detest the looks of just about everything better than Guard Wave or DF Field(And most things equal or worse), and there really isn't anything better than Red Ring. Even if it does have better DFP/EVP, Red Ring has decent resists, is about as good as a Kasami, adds +20 to all other stats(20 ATA that does not add to base. Gee, I wonder) and is usable by all classes at a mere L108. Pity it's a hack, but you can't win them all. XP Kasami looks OK, though. Standstill is just ugly. Ditto stuff like Aura Field, Lafuteria, etc. Ew.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.