Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

PSO3 is a competitive game. I really, really don't understand people complaining about other people using every single thing that they can to their advantage when playing. If the person isn't cheating, they are simply following the rules of the game. The rules of the game are all modifiable, I might add, so if you don't like the luck factor in the game, talk to your opponent and modify the min dice rolls.

I play so far exclusively as an Arkz, I might add. Any hunter the rolled a 6/6 on the first turn, and didn't charge straight at me, would be a fool. I'm not going to hold a grudge if he wins the match, any more than I'll hold a grudge against someone if I roll a snake eyes on a critical turn and end up dead because of it.

I would just ask that if the hunter charges me right into tech range, and I then get a good starting roll, summon an al rappy and throw two techniques and hit him for a total of 11 damage because he ran right into foei and zonde range, that he doesn't complain about it either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: laotse on 2004-03-29 09:16 ]</font>

On 2004-03-29 08:03, Zaneatron wrote:
    when shim says people quit tournaments, she means that when she joins them, other players quit, because she has a high level char. not because of FSOD or anything, because she joined up.
    So if a high level joins a tournament with low ranking levels in it, can you see the irony???

And if it's high levels that are leaving, then what's the problem? It means people know you are strong.

Zah? Why not add more "rules of politness" like if you see someone roll a 1, on your turn you only use 1 ATK too. I mean come on... that sounds stupid because it is!

It's part of the game. Learn to adapt! That's really the bottom line. If you keep losing because people rush you, edit your deck so you arn't caught without something to equip. Insead of coming here to whine about it.

If the reverse happens, you get a high roll to start and can equip all your high cost wands and magic books, and the opponent rolls a 1 and can only equip a handgun; I bet you don't sit back and wait a few turns so he can roll high and equip good items too. Think about it.

Since the game is about strategy, the whole concept of the game is having the advantage. In order to win you need to get the upper-hand, exploit your opponents' weaknesses (or blindly pummel them to death, if you choose), and keep the advantage in your favor by thoughtfully using the dice and cards you have. There's a reason you can't attack on the first turn and tactically a reason you can move on the first turn. If you think it's rude to move on the first turn, too bad. It's a tactical decision that every individual will have to make for themselves, and if you choose not to and get screwed by it it's your own fault. But equally the people who rush in too fast and get creamed are the only ones to blame for their mistakes. It's a give and take. Plan ahead and expect the unexpected. It's just a video game, after all. Methinks some people are taking it way, way, waaaaaaay too seriously. Chill out and just enjoy the game. And if you're not enjoying the game, perhaps you need to step back and take a breather.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-29 10:56 ]</font>

when shim says people quit tournaments, she means that when she joins them, other players quit, because she has a high level char. not because of FSOD or anything, because she joined up.
    I agree if I see some one with a very high level like 90+ or a JP player with a high rank just there to get a better one off of the English player. I get out of the way. Nothing against Shimarisu or any of the other importers but I find it a waste of time to get destroyed by much higher leveled people when I can go somewhere else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fireant on 2004-03-29 11:07 ]</font>

Hopefully when I lose, I get some decent cards...

This is kinda rediculous. A fast rush ahead and equip is just one stratagey and in fact just a gambit. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't, that's why it's called a gambit. Much like in Starcraft, a fast zergling rush will take out a new player but try it on me or anyone who's worth there salt and you're only sealing your grave. Much like in SC this is a balanced game about stratagey, for every move one player can make, there is a counter move to it.

And really whats the big deal about it, I mean this is a head to head competitive game. I'm not playing this game to be nice to you, I want to win. Simple as that. No one is there to lose, that would defeat the purpose of the game.

If we were playing hockey and my team scored a goal should I go up to your teams captain and say "hey man you can have a free one off us, so that your team doesn't feel so bad."?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2004-03-29 11:58 ]</font>

it's a strategy based game that involves thinking, and tactics not manners and being polite. now who's the smart one, the one that makes use of the advantage, or the ones that just sit there and whine about it with no counter defense? if st wanted politeness and manners to be considered into the game, then they would have considered it in the rules. but these people aren't cheating, aren't breaking the rules, aren't abusing anything! it's a battle, it's not a tea party. it isn't exactly kindergarten where we hold hands and play to be nice. you win some, you lose some. no matter what it is to you, pso ep 3 is still a game. is there no end to the things people will complain about in this game? don't do this, don't do that. this is cheap, that is cheap. well it's not the people's game, it's st's game. they made it and they make the rules and decisions. people can play it however they want it as long as they stay within ST's rules. people don't have to play how you think they should play and they don't have to pay attention to your rules or judgement. the world isn't going to exactly change its mind and behave the way you want it to just because you said so and you think it should.

and don't stereotype a whole race for this. if you don't like how the us people play but like how the jp people do, simple solution: play on the jp ship.

oh and quit the flaming and flamebaiting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-03-29 12:13 ]</font>

I agree with these folks, its all part of the game.
    If someone uses one method to beat you, you go back home sit down and think about how to over come that. Whinning, screaming and using foul language in a disscussion board is not going to help anything.

It really wasn't any fun at all back when PSO3US came out to get owned completely by these new cards I never saw before. (IE: Arion/Shim using Immortality, and advanced techs.) After that humiliating defeat, I basically check out tournies before its time to see if there's any major opposition. While it's true that the newbie decks could manage a little, you still have bad odds against you.