Yeah, so one of my favorite techno groups decided to release a game in Japan ONLY. So, I would do a whole lot to play it, but I wouldn't really pay for a JP PS2.

So, does anyone know where I can find a boot disk or something to let me play JP games on a US PS2?

Thanks!

Get a Freeloader or Action Replay from Datel.

CodeJunkies.com

Same place you get your GameCube keyboard.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

a gamecube keyboard? they have such things?

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

I don't think I can give you the link, because I'm not sure about the forum rules on talk of Mod-Chips and back-ups, so I'm just going to give you some advice.

There's generally two ways (as far as I know) to play import games without installing a modchip. They both involve swaping out your disks. However, since hitting the open button on your PS2 resets the console, you'll need to find a way to open the PS2 without hitting eject. One method, involves taking a card like object you can buy and basically jamming the disk trap open while closed. I don't suggest this as it will probably strip out the gear on your tray. The second method, is to just buy a flip-top lid for your PS2. I did this when I imported Phantasy Star Generation 1 and Fantasy Zone of the Sega 3DAges collection. So far, it's worked great, and I haven't had an issue with the new lid yet. Installation is fairly painless.

For both the above mentioned methods, you'll need the SwapMagic PS2 Boot Disks. When you find a flip-top lid, chances are, they'll be included with the package.

Supposedly, there some USB Mod-Chips out there too which only involve you having to plug them into your USB port and turning them on.. but I'm not sure I trust those completely. So the choice is up to you.