Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Is it just because it is a card game? Because if so, that is a pretty crappy reason.

Yes, it's because it's a card game. At least for me. If I wanted to play a damn card game, I'd get out a pack of cards and play euchre with my friends, not get on a video game and use cards as a weapon. That's just dumb. It's exactly like pokemon and yugioh.

Besides, all the ps games before ep III were action/RPG games, so the people playing the ps games all enjoy action/RPG games. Why in the world would they be attracted to a card game? The only reason would be the title.

Son of Drunken Horse Roji

You see it also just seems weird. It's like, "I can't Kill This Booma!" "Why not?" "Because I didn'y draw my Dragon Slayer, I drew a saber!!!" That seems stupid to me. And the dice thing. That means even if your good you might roll a low number and suck.

Chao Abuser

i wouldnt say nobody likes it... but i would say that many (including myself) have been quick to knock it before playing it simply due to its very different nature

It's not a bad game, imo. To me I only got the game 'cause I'm an eager fanfiction writer (I want to know what happens next and Sil'fers cute too). Even though my deck sux, I still have fun, but it's not a game that I would played when I'm really stressed out and seriously want to kill things.

I can see why people wouldn't be particularlly fond of Ep3, just because of the game play, but disliking it because it's a card game, is indeed a crappy reason.

I advise you to play it for a while, not just for a few minutes, or a few hours. Learn how to play it right. Then you will see that it is much more of a tactical game, than a card game. With regular Swords and Sabers, and basic cards you start out with, I was able to beat CLv30+ online characters at CLv2. I am sure you could as well.

The reason I stated above, saying that I can see why not many people would be interested in this game because of the game play, is in fact because it's about a 70% tactics game. The game is very fun, for competitive PvP, which PSO Ep1&2 lacked. Tournaments ranging from 4-32 players in them. A lot more strategy involved, which another thing PSO Ep1&2 lacked. And the good part is, you can play this along with Ep1&2 while both guild card data on Ep1&2 + 3 save to both, and playing both without having to pay an extra monthly fee. Only downfall to this game I can see is the fact that it's really only fun online, offline is really just to get cards. But I find it more fun to get cards online, playing with other people. Also, no hacks, or duping methods, that I know of are on the servers right now. But really, this game is not about the cards, so it's definatly will not turn out as bad in that department as it's prequels.

Give it a chance before you become a skeptic.

By the way... Isn't this in the wrong forum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WootHinkInc on 2004-04-07 08:09 ]</font>

Episode III is nothing like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. And by the way, Boomas can normally be killed by one hit from a saber.

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2004-04-07 06:03, LadyRedComet wrote:
    Besides, all the ps games before ep III were action/RPG games,
    *twitch*

*twitch*

The first four Phantasy Star games were all turn-based RPGs. A big part of Phantasy Star III and IV was lining up your attacks properly so you dealt with the enemies as efficiently as possible, because otherwise you'd run yourself out of supplies fairly quickly (moreso in PS3 than PS4).

And I'd have to say that PSO Episode III is only like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh in that it adheres to some typical card-game principles, such as limiting how many actions you can take on a turn and, well, using cards. Beyond that, it's much more a tactical game than a card game.

Before I played it, I was very curious how they could make a card game out of PSO, but after playing it I was pleasantly surprised that it was just as addicting as Ep. I & II... The thing is, it's not even really a card game, it has some card game like elements and mechanics, but it's really a thinly disguised turn-based strategy RPG sort of like Disgaea or FF Tactics only with cards and dice... I'm rather fond of it, I don't think it's any replacement for Ep I & II but it certainly doesn't detract from the series, quite the opposite in my opinion... It's certainly done wonders for filling my time before WoW and EQ2 come out

Ep3 is Ok. It's nice enough if you can find a good partner to sit around and do tournies with. Otherwise? Screw it, back in goes Ep1&2. Can't stand Ep3 solo, at all. Too slow. Rather be playing Solitaire, if it comes to cards. :3 Which is one of the many things wrong in this game.

Y'know, people keep comparing Ep3 to Pokemon and Yugioh. Yugioh maybe I can see, but Pokemon has slightly more depth in some areas. I know Arkz are already horribly broken, but how about some multiple attacks for them? Y'know, for stuff like say, a Delbiter or Ill Gill that does more in the original game than just whack you once. Give Hunters selections of different types of attacks on their weapons or something to make up for it. Normal, Heavy and Special attack anybody?

Nah, see, here, I'm just ending up trying to make Ep3 into Ep1&2. Of course, that could be because all actions in Ep3 make me, as an Ep1&2 fan and somewhat experienced player of it, subconciously scream "OMG N00B LEARN TO COMBO" and the like. :3 As well as mutterings of "This is ridiculous, give me a Saber and get me out there and I'll have them dead in 10 seconds, probably less."

Er, Ep1&2 did have PvP. Ever hear of Battle mode? And if you actually use rules instead of heading down to Forest 1 like a n00b, you occasionally actually have to think about what you're doing. PvP is nothing new. :3 I don't play Battle mode much myself, I hate competitive things like that. I do like Challenge mode, though. That's a good time.

Not everyone hates Ep3, anyway. But not everyone loves it, either. :3

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.