Greetings, citizens. I am Adam. Some of you may have heard of me.

For the past two weeks, I have been lamenting about the things I miss from the grand days of the GC PSO. Well, I'm here tonight in order to present even more fond memories of this great game, and online meeting place for the masses.

I first started playing this game the day of the American release for the Gamecube. I was quickly confused, and seemingly lost, as I knew nobody online, and was not very good at breaking the ice, as it were. I found myself for the first few weeks online to be wandering about the lobbies, simply using the word, "FOO" to describe everything and everyone I came across. I'm sure a lot of you understand that this wasn't the best way to get into contact with people, and keep them interested long enough to form a friendship. I understood that, too, and pretty much stopped what I was doing, and began trying to actually play the game.

All was not lost though. Friends were there to be made, if I really did try hard enough. Thinking back to the forum I made the majority of my PSO friends on, I have warm memories thinking of the Animal Crossing forum there that I used to visit regularly. That all changed though, as PSO was released, and I started going to that forum. Indeed, I still go there today, and it is still the place where I can find my PSO friends.

Soon, I was to meet up with a guy who called himself Blitzd. He had a character named that on PSO, and was one of my first friends online that ended up lasting more than a year.

There was a young boy named Nathan, who went under the pen name Digipen Dreamer. He would end up playing PSO for a while, before his mother attempted to kill him, as well as take all his stuff away from him, and move him far away. Though I hear nothing from him now, I sometimes do see cryptic messages posted from somebody claiming to be him. I can really only hope.

There was Brian, the HUcast that went under the name Dark Shadow on PSO 1&2, and who goes under Dark Shadow now on episode 3. He was, perhaps, one of the nicest, yet most underrated personalities I have encountered on PSO. Very caring, generous, fair, and above all, legit. Also often looked over while he makes his way through the tournaments these days.

There was Delwyn, who had a number of characters, but would be most remembered as his level 200 FOnewm named Haldir. For the lustfull men out there though, he also had a level 160-something HUnewearl named Kwannon. He is involved with FFXI now, and spends his time on the Titan server with a character named Kwannon. If any of you happen to pass him by, tell him Adam said hi.

The Ghost hunting on Pioneer 2 was a great way to get more than 4 people playing at something simultaneously. With the additions of Spelldragon; who went under the name 10444, Josh; a purple RAcast, Kwizard; a nondescript HUmar, and Yuki; a red head HUnewearl, something needed to be thought of fast. It was then that I first noticed the footsteps that could often be heard in the empty lobbies. Playing upon that observation, Digipen Dreamer, who was by then playing a flat headed RAcast he called MechaX13, started talking about an experience he had gone through earlier that day. It seems MechaX13 had entered an empty lobby, and automatically checked the word select to see if anybody was in there. He was greeted with the name Cyrus. But despite his searching through the lobby, he was unable to find this Cyrus anywhere. Eventually, the name vanished along with the already departed host. Since Digipen Dreamer didn't realize that Cyrus had simply FSOD right before he got in there, he became certain that this was a cause for the disembodied footsteps that we were all noticing. Out of this misunderstanding came the Cyrus Hunters. Alaina, who was just a fourteen year old girl at the time, was part of it. As well, Nathan, who still went by Digipen to his friends, joined in the fun. Eventually, they both caught Cyrus, and he had no idea what they were talking about when they confronted him.

After a time, I also became friends with a determined young man that went by Lightning. Some of you may remember him from my previous writings here on PSOworld. Lightning played as a white-haired, blue clothed HUmar, and he did so very well. Soon, he was a main part of the great group of Altair 10, helping with the discoveries that led to the great falling of the Massive Headwound Clan.

Ah, the memories. So nice, so clear, and at the same time, so old. But don't just take my word for it. Alaina approached me this evening with the word that she had made a sort of montage to those memories of the old days. She had set it up into a flash format, and I think, for a fourteen or fifteen year old girl, that she did a wonderful job. She wanted to post it here, but was unable to log on for some reason. So she gave me permission to do so.

So then, I would like to present her memories, and a great deal of my own, along with the memories of all those regulars that she and I gamed with for so many months. It is something I like to call A Homage to Altair 10:

http://adam.killsmurf.com/vids/gametalk.swf

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-04-12 22:35 ]</font>

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Hey, it's good to see you are comin outta your funk. I'll be lookin for ya on Altair 10 sometimes.

Cool. I'll be there some time.

Wow, reading that makes me realize, again, how great it would be to play online; how that 'human' experience adds so much to the game (I know, it does! And this forum proves it!) Sadly I can't for a bunch of small reasons that piled up - but anyway, thanks for sharing your PSO experiences, it puts me into nostalgia with my own memories. If I get online, i'll check around Altair 10 - cheers!

President of Mexicokagulphia

Oh the good old days when I was a nooblet. Me and my friend luigi ran around like crazy people back then and we still do I remember when no one had a kb and half the people I met didn't have a clue how to send a guild card. Whoa,its scary thinking about it,but the fond fond memories...

All of my great PSO memories have been left in the DC days...ah...those days were the best. Now, I can only play offline.