View Poll Results: I have had this game for about a fortnight, and have thankfully beaten all four stories, and am coll

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is.

3 100.00%
  • He aint.

0 0%

I have had this game for about a fortnight, and have thankfully beaten all four stories, and am collecting the emeralds for the Final story. But, my problem is Shadow. Yeah, he owns, but I am confused. Is the playable Shadow a robot or not? I think he is, but I can't be sure.

Evidence for:
    Omega gets a different targeting reticle over Shadow in the Dark intro movie.
    Omega says Shadow is an Eggman robot, more or less. "must destroy all Eggman robots", then blasts away at Shadow.
    Shadow's eyes move with a mechanic sound, like a machine being turned on.
    Broken Shadow-bot after canyon fight.
    On first stage of Egg fleet, Shadow says : Even if I'm not real...
    In the Dark end movie, Rouge says Shadow is a robot, and finds others.

Evidence against:
    Omega says the original Shadow must exist somewhere...
    Why would a plain old Shadow bot be in Eggmans abandoned main base, all alone, whereas the mass Shadows are all together on Eggmans flagship. The base where Shadow is found is Eggmans abandoned HQ, where he also left his most powerful robot, Omega.

Discuss.

The heck are you talking about?

If you haven't played and beaten Sonic Heroes, why are you responding to my thread. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't speak. (or type)

Well, that's one Sonic question I can't answer. Try mailing the guys at SEGA or something.

Could you at leat say what you think, and as for emailing Sega to ask, are you kidding?

I think he is.
    The container that Shadow is in has air bubbles coming from his mouth, whereas all the shadow clones do not have bubbles in their containers. This would indicate that Shadow is a bio-machine and not just a machine clone.

Also, he recognizes Sonic, maybe some memories are carried over in a cloning process, but doubtfull.
    At the end of the game (Dark Story) Shadow asks Rouge what shes going to do now and she responds with something about stealing the Master Emerald. Shadow then responds with 'Some things never change.' meaning he has recollection of her past habits, this points towards Sonic Heroes Shadow being the 'real' Shadow.

There is more evidence, I simply can't recall it right now. So.....

<EDIT>:
    On one of Team Darks last levels Rouge says: 'Wow were up so high were nearly in Space.' Shadow responds to this by saying 'Space....Space! Did you say Space!' (or something along those lines) meaning that he re-calls falling through space, or has a fear of Space from that incident.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sayuka on 2004-04-19 12:15 ]</font>

You think he's the original hmm...yeah, that's waht I was thinking, but there's more evidence for him being a robot, the proof for him being real is just mainly jes opinion and speculation....I dunno.

On 2004-04-19 11:28, -Luke- wrote:
    If you haven't played and beaten Sonic Heroes, why are you responding to my thread. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't speak. (or type)

Well by chance I did know about sonic heros, it's just no where in your question did you mention the game you spoke of so

Hmm...I missed the point of the question completly.
    Shadow is a Bio-Machine, an Organic Weapon. He was created with both organic compounds and machine parts. So he is sorta half robot half living, I think. His origins arn't really clear...at all...so his creatin is mostly speculation. As is how he survived falling from a space station.

I think he's (the playabe Shadow in Sonic Heroes) is a robot clone. Why? Just because SEGA will need a good reason to make another Sonic game and they know that everybody loves Shadow.
    But to guess from the game: I think that (spoiler) Metal Sonic was keeping him far, far away just because that the playable Shadow was probably the first one, like a prototype or something. Once all the bugs were knocked out, Shadows 002 through 999 were mass-produced on board the Egg Carrier(big, nasty ship-thing.)
    Why? Because I'm an author who thinks Shadow should KILL EVERTHING and then try to figure out his past.