Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I notice our beloved admins are most likely busy lately. How about letting some of the moderators handle the news?

er.. a fine idea, but it's not that simple..
    let's put it this way: gods & demigods aren't quite the same you know =)
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

what are the differances?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Well, for one, you wouldn't have any pretty pictures, since mods naturally have no access to uploading to the server. Two, mods, while trusted in working with the site, aren't generally trusted with being able to do *anything* on the site. Just like Mods have their places where they work (we can't mod outside our set places), we don't work home page stuff, since we've got enough to do outside of that.

I shoulda thought of that.

On 2004-05-17 18:57, Arislan wrote:
    Well, for one, you wouldn't have any pretty pictures, since mods naturally have no access to uploading to the server. Two, mods, while trusted in working with the site, aren't generally trusted with being able to do *anything* on the site. Just like Mods have their places where they work (we can't mod outside our set places), we don't work home page stuff, since we've got enough to do outside of that.
    Too bad... however, through my whole time being onthe internet... ive been staff in other sites as well where as I was the news person heh and other sites as being forum moderator... Though PSOW does make one exception on the pictures??? They don't like linking from other sites I guess because they believe about stealing bandwidth is bad. Tho that isnt the case for all websites Ive been in.

I think everything's been covered. It's like a supervisor at a job. They watch over the peons (or the employee's) but they dont have access to the documents concerning *insert peon here*

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Well, another difference is probably that you weren't using webspace and bandwidth from a major provider's servers (Gamespy in this case). So running the site is a bit more structured than most sites, and delegation of duties has to be a bit mre exact than most sites. Getting access to the Gamespy FTP to upload our pics is a pretty big thing. That's a bit of responsibility to deal with, and Gamespy has to know about that kind of thing.

Through the Fire and Flames

There are also some areas that only eRUPT can touch as the big cheese, leaving (lazy) lolita and teh salad out in the cold.

(lazy comes from Contributors page, its not my own work, so dont blame me )

Speaking of lolita, havent seen her in a while...hope shes ok..