Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been thinking about this for a while... and with the current system of battling, I think PvP would SUCK. I mean, c'mon... who wants to lock on a player before they hit them? Also, all of the sudden Hunters would suck. Rnagers would be able to hit from far away and disable hunters while they're running. The only thing that would make PvP not suck is if it were a fighting system like Soul Calibur or something where you could basically fight like you do in a fighting game, without having only 3 attack buttons to choose from (low, med, high). I mean, cmon... what else would PvP be like besides people running up to each other hitting back and forth, possibly running in circles for some variety. If you could fight like in a fighting game, with actual moves and no "lock-on" system(meaning, if you're in front of them and you punch, it hits them... instead of having to align PERFECTLY to the character). Rangers would have a big advantage and then PvP on PSO would basically turn into another boring Quake or Doom game(the shooting genre has been used so much its not even funny. I don't see why people play them so much, they're all the same thing with barely noticeable differences). Who else shares my views on PvP in version 2? I think ST should get rid of the locking on, at least for that aspect of gameplay. If not, I won't be using PvP (especially since I'm a Humar... don't want to get jacked by Ranger guns).

How would that give rangers an advantage?

ALL ranger classes suck.

First of all, they can't hit a damn thing with a rifle at point blank range (and they are supposed to have high accuracy), only the RAmar can use techniques and RAmars have the lowest MST stat in the game (other than androids, which also all SUCK for this reason), and even if they do get lucky and hit something they won't do shit damage.
    The most damage I've seen a Ranger do is about 300. I'm a HUmar and I'm here running around with a Vjaya doing over 1200 per hit (with the Extra Attack) completely leaving the rangers behind who can eat my dust. Only the worst and weakest should ever play as a ranger. Being a RAcast or RAcaseal must totally suck because you have low accuracy, attack power AND, you're a mindless android.

No offense to those who chose to be a ranger as thier very first character, as my first character I almost considered being a ranger, but I made a good choice by picking a HUmar instead.

[addsig]

Acknowledge \ Submit!
    <First-Thought // Giver-of-Will> Knows All.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Kent on 2001-04-28 05:58 ]</font>

*LOL* No bias there then.

I've seen Rangers do considerably more than 300 damage - and generally they're a lot more accurate at higher levels than you suggest.

Maybe you should play one, and you'll know what you're talking about.

S.

if healing is allowed in PvP matches, it is feasible for a hunter to close down the distance between him/herself and the ranger, then take the ranger out before they can heal themselves...

Ok one thing you have to consider is they are NOT going to make everything the same. Because if they did then pb's would kill a player in a second. And im sure there will be certain rules for each class.

Oh god.... I will kick all ass in PSO. A HUcast will outlast, and outpower and force, or ranger. PERIOD.

Yeah, but you're bound to be weighed down by an ego that big! I don't fancy your chances.

S.

Well even if PvP sucks, there still is the rest of the game ya know. I am more interested in Ultimate Mode and all the new fancy weapons.

Dam right Cube... My new char i made is a HUcast God their powerful....altough get paralyzed by lighnting Could be a bad thing or frozen. So i belive that a force would be the only opposition. But who nows what the battle system is going to be like...

Mercenary for Hire

Unless the battle system is significantly different, I agree that PvP will be incredibly boring--in 1 on 1.

Basically, it amounts to who can freeze/paralyze/short the other guy out first. The only stat which would matter is Luck (which affects the reliability of paralyze/freeze specials). Most battles would look like this:

Two guys whip out their Varistas and shoot specials at each other. One of them gets paralyzed, and then summarily slaughtered.

2 v 2 would be little better. 4 guys whip out their Spread Needles and shoot specials at each other. The one guy who isn't paralyzed slaughters the other team.

If freeze/paralyze/confusion states aren't allowed, then there's some potential for 2 v 2 to almost be interesting. But it still seems like a boring slugfest, dominated by shifta'd HUmars and HUnewearls armed with powerful Rayguns.