Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At first I felt that PvP would suck. Then.. I realized what I could have.. Iron Chef battles! That's right folks, frying pan vs frying pan. We can have Iron Chef Hunter, Force, and Ranger. Each week a new contestant to take the place of the Iron Chef. It'll be great.

That would be cool! Instead of the usual "My Spread Needle will whip your asses" fight, it will be a royal rumble with Frying Pans! It's the perfect weapon for this! hehehe... ^_^

Please stop wearing Resist/Saints

i don't think i will be using the PvP option much on version 2...Not so much because "it will suck" but because "i" suck. After several years of fighting games, and a couple o' games of PSO i have realized that i have NO CHANCE in that option.

Veteran Fighter

*shakes head* tsk, tsk, tsk, heh
    in my opinion PvP will be pretty fun. you see when rangers lock on to a target, that target has to stay in the same place, or a very small area that is, it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to keep a solid lock on a char that is running around you in a circular pattern, or simply moveing towards while jerking to the left or to right. they would be able to get a few hits in, but thats what Resta is there for isn't it?

As for status effects, two words...
    Sacred Guard. equip that and i am sure it will help out any non-android player from being slaughtered by those nasty ol' freeze/paralysis status effects

and Hucasts dominateing the PvP mode? don't make me laugh. an android will run out of Trimates loooooong before a Human/newman will run out of Tp to cast Resta and/or Anti.

As for spread needles...THINK PEOPLE! if you are hiding behind some cover, then a spread can't hit you, PvP won't just consist of who can do more damage or cast more spells, or has best accuracy, but you will need to be cunning, and THINK as well.
    See? PvP sounds great now, doesn't it?
    anyone else have any other reasons why it might suck?

Rappy Hunter

I only see one problem in what you said, and that is you have to be able to finish the animation to cast Resta. You can just hit the button to use a trimate. If you think that you could survive with just resta your mistaken. I heard that you can set the battle mode up with different options such as: no techniques, no ranged weapons, and also no weapons at all. You could then customize the game where each class would have an advantage.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

PvP will be a nice little addition, but nothing great.

Clans are using this as a stupid excuse for their boasting. "Just wait untill version 2," they say. 2 vs 2 clan wars? Give me a break. PvP might not even include a team mode, just a free for all.

Classes will be un-equal. In PvP, you are limited to a certain type of weapon (sabers, handguns...) in a game. In a saber or close combat game, a hunter will always win. In a long range game, guess what? A ranger will win.

Not only that, humans and newmens will constantly heal, making them extreamly difficult to kill. Androids will quickly run out of mates, giving them a huge disadvantage. If PvP doesn't allow healing, forces would be crushed and androids would dominate.

Don't forget that person with 100 luck, who would constantly freeze people and kill them.

The only way I see this working is if only the same class could fight(which won't happen). This would severely limit who you could play with.

Imagine if cheaters found out a way to hack it. The mode would be completey ruined since people would have unlimited health.

I am being biased since I haven't played PvP yet, but I have seen the movies. You are put in a small room and run around mashing the X button. When you die, you just reappear and fight again. At the end, they show a little score.

A couple of good things I've seen about PvP. You start of with no weapon, and you have to run around a find them. So you won't have to worry about some duper coming in with a spread needle or heaven's punisher. The levels are also interesting with traps and some monsters.

Veteran Fighter

Hmm.. yes, there most probably are options to Battle mode. (being able to set no weapons, no techniques etc..) but if that is true... great! it allows a deeper level of customization to the game, so everyone knows exactly their limits, and their abilites. and yes i agree, Androids would dominate if no techniques could be used. But if you don't want to fight an android in that mode, then don't.
    And i agree with Glider, the movies i have seen so far seem do not allow you to enter with a weapon, which would be good, and bad in some ways. And the score sheet at the end is interesting as well, arrousing the assumption that that the real challenge is to score points, rather than decimate your opponents in battle.
    Many, many things could be concluded or assumed from what little we know now. I for one am looking forward to PSO ver2 for many reasons, the PvP being just one of them, all be it good or bad.

Mercenary for Hire

You're wrong about the lock-on thing. It's dead easy to target an enemy at any instant. You do NOT need the target to sit still or move slowly to target it. You just need a little practice. The speed of the bullets make them impossible to dodge, also, except for slicers which are excrutiatingly slow. In V-Hard Ruins, Dimenians move as fast as players can. Even in a multiplayer game where a Dimenian at long range was chasing someone else sideways to me, this has NEVER caused me to miss.

And no, Rangers don't have a chance. The max ATP of a Ranger is far lower than that of a Hunter. Rangers make up for this by using Shot series weapons, which allow hitting many enemies at once (and the attack power of a Charge Arms is much better than a Spread Needle). This doesn't help in a 1 on 1 situation, where the best weapons are a Charge Gatling or Charge Raygun.

The very slight extra accuracy a Ranger has just can't compare to the much higher extra ATP of a Hunter.

And I agree that Resta is out of the question. Its casting time is too slow to ever realistically complete in a PvP situation, while Trimates and Star Atomizers can be used instantly even on the run.

Bah... you forget. When your strong enough, and have enough life, you wont NEED to use mats. How will I run out of mats when i barley using them? besides, 10 dimates, 10 stars, and 10 trimates are more then enough for me... I dont even use that much on DF let alone some pathedic newbie trying to challenge a King.

Veteran Fighter

You views are well founded, but ever heard of weapon lag? haha
    <Handgun attack> pop,pop,pop, *lag*
    <other player> *resta*

any other weapon besides a handgun for that matter, not to mention misses, or stepping out of range of the weapon, or getting a hit of your own in inbewteen the hits of the other person. True, trimates and stars are faster, but they run out, only chars with very low HP would be at risk.

and yes, it only takes a split second for you to get a lock, then attack, but keeping the lock on a char that is moveing about randomly in not to far a range, would take a lot of skill, and a steady hand, which a lot of players don't have.