Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is old news. As for the news only being negative, they tried positive news, but nobody watched it.

People love negative news, especially people who were against going to war in the first place. They just want to see American Troops fuck up. No one wants to read about the troops taking over a city that they never heard of, they much rather read how an American accidently shot a young Iraq in the leg! (example)

On 2004-05-03 10:27, LollipopLolita wrote:
    positive details aside (some might argue the validity of this statement)
    Yeah, those people are called idiots.

I have no opinion...other than that is just silly...

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

On 2004-05-03 11:03, LollipopLolita wrote:
    because people would rather read about how many people die than look up their world atlas to see where the other countries are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-05-03 11:04 ]</font>
    Personally I don't think it's as much about ppl wantin to read this or that about who died and how many. It's just the liberal media tryin to influence popular opinion of the war. If the media can use this to turn enough ppls against Bush, then Kerry will win. Of course troops will die. IT'S WAR. Messed up stuff will happen, IT'S WAR. I'm not sayin that this justifies our troops or theirs in doin whatever they want. Just that this is war and it will happen.

Aren't we there to liberate the Iraqis and give them democracy? Where is the news on the progress there? Is it front page? Nope. I preferr to listen to talk radio to get away from the liberal print and programing. While it may be more conservative, if Bush or any1 on the right messes up, they will let them have it as well.

I know this could start a conservative/liberal flame war. If you really have a problem, call Bill O'Reily or Rush and vent on them. I'm too tired to put up much of a fight anyways. lol

On 2004-05-03 13:40, Shattered_weasel wrote:
    is just a select few.
    yes but sadly the select few also represent the whole collective and aren't doing a good job of it.

just because people don't agree with your opinions doesn't make them idiots. it does however make you narrowminded.

It's just the liberal media tryin to influence popular opinion of the war.
    some would say it's conservative

Aren't we there to liberate the Iraqis and give them democracy?
    and some others disagree

so oh well!!!

i'd rather go eat right now

On 2004-05-04 11:05, LollipopLolita wrote:

just because people don't agree with your opinions doesn't make them idiots. it does however make you narrowminded.

Uhhh, no actually only a complete fucking idiot would say that there has been nothing good done over there. You might want to check to make sure you're not one of them. Or too narrowminded to see anything good. You pick.

And since I know you are too pissed off at everything Bush does and you probably hate the US on top of that, here is a link to just one good thing:
    http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/

I win.

First off, to be on topic, if what has been reported is true, its wrong. Anything of "that nature" is wrong. I think those responcible, if discovered without the video, would be punished, and there would be no cover-up, of sorts. I'm tired of these assumtions that all government institutions are all about cover-up. Ugh.

On a different tune, yeah, the news is twisted. As much as we can say "people prefer the good news," we have people here saying they look hard for the good news. Maybe some of you do prefer bad news, but I prefer the good news. Sure, the bad news must come, but simply not informing the public about it is wrong. My city's newspaper never has such good news printed, for some odd reason, small article or not. This irks me.

I also must say, the way you presented this topic, Saladwood, was wrong.

I must say: Yes, God bless our troops. God bless them for what they are doing, and protect them. I want my friends to come back, I want to see them again, alive. I think our troops need our support, not our disgust because of what a few people decided to do. Lets get the job done.

http://www.friendsofadrian.org/

Alright, I'm gonna be a complete idiot.

Nothing good has come of invading Iraq.

The people would be better off if Saddam was still in power, he kept the civil wars to a minimum. He was not an imminent threat to anyone, barley even to Iraqs population. The people of Iraq are not better, and in most cases, worse off than before, when they had at least a strong centeral Gov't that kept some degree of order.

Dubya needs to be sent to Iraq. or assassinated.

The liberal controlled media thing is just a myth. The media is controlled by no one.