Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: F1 Grand Prix

Burning Ranger

On 2004-05-04 18:34, Zagan wrote:
    could someone explain exactly how these tournements happen and what you have to do?
    Its important to note that in previous events, tournaments that started before the end time did get to finish. So you will probably need to play longer than the finish times listed.

-Jools

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jools on 2004-05-05 07:01 ]</font>

I predict that the F1 Grand Prix will be VERY chaotic.

A tournament sounds like a good idea, but the problem is EVERYONE on the US side is going to want to join it. There will be endless flaming and debates on who gets to join it. I fear for the worst. Chances are, all of the spots will be filled up with JP players before we even get a chance to enter.

...but this is just a worst case scenario. Maybe it wont happen.

It will be chaotic, and tons of people ranting and raving. However, there'll most likely be more than enough space for everyone.

If they do like they did in Dengeki, two ships will pop up just for the tournament, with matches beginning every 30 minutes. Each 30 min there will be a slew of matches to participate in, i.e: 20 32P tournaments at a shot, on each ship. Infact, I would bet there would be more For Dengeki, there was way more than enough for everyone to get into a tourney, same will be true here I think.

Question from me haha.

There are 3 dates right...well are those the 3 days that you have to play each one, like if you win on the first day you are allowed to play the second day and than the third day, or..

Are they seperate days you get to try...?

*Hopes for the second one*

Doesn't matter if you win or lose.

You play as many games in tournaments as you can. Whoever has the most wins, makes it into the final. You can not play the first day, and play only the 2nd, and not the third, or any which way, doesn't matter. ^_^

XD I am so confused.

Okay I cant play it on June 2nd.

Can I still be in the tourny if I play on June 3rd?

Is it just normal tournys and the game just keeps track of your wins XD

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

That would be correct. If you want the best chance of hitting finals, play all the days, the entire time. If you skip a day or a couple tourneys, there are others that aren't going to, and still be gaining points while you will not.

So happily unsatisfied

I have some questions:

Are finalists based on number of wins or on the meseta you've earned from the wins?

Also, I'm guessing that it (ST?) keeps tabs on the wins/meseta of a set team. As in if I were to play with Friend#1 and win, we would have 1, but if I were to then go and play and win with Friend#2, then my initial team would have 1, and this one would have 1. Right?

Im not sure how they will define the teams. Anyways they still have to make another announce with all the details.
    I bet the classification to finals will be based on meseta. But they can't put the 32 persons with most meseta. It could make play teams that have never played before.

Burning Ranger

It'd be really great if the meseta totals were re-set each day, with the top few of each day going through to the final. That'd give people who can only book one day off a bit of a chance.

-Jools