Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i put in the number the modem has to dial and the user name and password.

it seem to dial up fine but when it comes to the part where its says user name and password it say incorrect name and passsword.

i know i typed them in propley so why am i getting this message?

can someone tell me whats going wrong

On 2004-05-06 00:18, Ice-13- wrote:
    i put in the number the modem has to dial and the user name and password.

it seem to dial up fine but when it comes to the part where its says user name and password it say incorrect name and passsword.

i know i typed them in propley so why am i getting this message?

can someone tell me whats going wrong
    heh, the first thing you are doing wrong is using AOHell in the first place lol. Secondly, AOL is not directly compatible with PSO. AOL uses proprietary software to connect to the internet. That means that the username and password you enter won't do anything by themselves. Many dialup ISP's support DUN (dialup networking) which means that you can use your username and password with PSO, but not AOL.

The only way you are going to connect with AOL is to use ICS (internet connection sharing.) Basically you will be sharing the connection from your PC to your GC which means you will need to return the GC modem and buy a BBA. You will also need to purchase a crossover cable to connect your GC to your pc's nic. Be aware that ICS using AOL can be problematic and may not work all that well.

Man, VioletSkye, you must get really sick of having to rewrite that every few days, particularly since there is a complete description of what needs to be done in the sticky at the top of the page. On the other hand, you know what you're talking about, and have helped numerous AOL junkies get online with PSO. Once they can get online, they can chat, JUST LIKE ON AOL, except now, they have a space limitation, and they have characters to run around the lobbies.

I'm convinced that the majority of players who do nothing but chat or spam in lobbies all day are in fact AOL users, because the IMs, they are just so addicting (sarcasm here)!! Where else, but the worlds largest Swinging network can you find so many people to chat with at any one time? Well... anywhere, really, but AOL users are just more prone to do it, since the entire thing seemed to be about the amazing IM and chatroom junk when it started up.

LOL, yeah it does get old repeating all that over and over, but the problem is, whenever I link to it and tell the member to look over the sticky, they claim that they do and start posting more questions that are already answered, meaning they didn't really read it over.

Either that or they say, its too much to read and they don't understand it lol. What people don't see here are all the IM's I get from people asking me the same things over and over and over and over So I generally type out a quick spiel to give them the overall idea of whats involved.

I guess I'm just not sure why the moderators of the site don't make you and Rich T, that other guy that answers all the questions in the tech support forum moderators here. I think it would make a lot of sense to do so. Then again, maybe the both of you are, and I'm just not seeing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-05-06 11:48 ]</font>

Legendary

Eh - Oh bloody 'ell.
    i foolishly installed that on my P.C once, as i was between ISPs ( waiting for my ADSL line to be activated - with anouther ISP) and then when it was i needed some windows dial up thingy as i had to use a USB modem for the ADSL service, thats when the problems started.
    it wouldnt dial up, and i think i kept geting some error messages about AOL , so i used the System restore disk that the company i bought my P.C from had provided, it didnt clear out the AOL stuff, and i still had problems.
    So i formatted my hard drive, only to find that the restore disk was now completly useless, and the company i bought the P.C from said i would have to return it to them for an out of waranty repair at my cost, just to re-load the operating system.
    I finaly managed to get hold of a new ( legitimate) windows XP disk, ( cost GBP60 ) re-installed everything got it all working again, freed from AOL.
    All in all AOL cost me 60 quid and god knows how much in time wasted trying to get rid of it.

On 2004-05-06 10:05, trypticon wrote:
    I guess I'm just not sure why the moderators of the site don't make you and Rich T, that other guy that answers all the questions in the tech support forum moderators here. I think it would make a lot of sence to do so. Then again, maybe the both of you are, and I'm just not seeing it.
    Violet, Rich, and I aren't moderators.

I know at least me and Violet have been called ones or been said we acted like ones, but we aren't.

I do wish people would see, read, and pay attention to Stickies though...

Also, Forum Search is a very useful tool (then we wouldn't have an AOHell topic every other day).

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I would be about the only mod here that has the guts to actually step in here. Problem is, every time I see a question, Violet, Rich, or Ketchup are invariably online and have answered it. Go figure.

acually u can coonect without connecting ur gamecube to ur pc all u need is a modem and the wire you get with it

what i did in the end was put in my aol user names as usual and add aol.com to the end of it and the for the password spell it with lower case and then the number to dial was 120 for telewest users. in the end it turnd out to be a simple process