Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, I get a lot of people asking me about this stuff, so I put together a helpful guide.

Click Here

This is the first version of my sort of HOWTO for PSO photography. It isn't much on what you need to do it, but what to do once you get the equipment. If you have any suggestions, comment, claims for credit, or even heaping helpings of adoration and praise then please PM me, reply here, or send email to the address in the FAQ.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

You should submit it to PSO world.

I don't know if you mentioned it but there are also USB screen capture things(I didn't read the whole thing). One of them is the ATI TV Wonder. It's a 100 dollars and lets you capture pictures and record tv shows. It's good if you don't want to change your graphics card.

Yeah, the TV Wonder I speak of is like the WinTV card, an addin that goes alongside the video card. I should find some sort of web resource dealing with video input and link to that, I suppose.

Well done, Jazzy. ^_^

O_O You got a pic of me with a Lavis as a example! ^_^;; Hehehe... and yes, it was a gift by a friend and I'm aware it's probably duped... but since I'm not power material-enhanced, it does normal damage compared to my other weapons. ^_^

Hmm... oh well. Time to go location-hunting! If I find any places which might make good shooting places, I'll post them here. ^_^

Back in the days of DC v.1...

Way cool Jazzy. I don't suppose you could do a couple for me? If it's ok I'll PM my e-mail address to you and you could send the pics there, save on wasting space of me on your site.

Very comprehensive faq.

I was wondering what kinda card you were using. A friend of mine has an asus geForce 2 with capture and the pics aren't nearly as good quality. Guess i'll have to tell him about the Wintv dbx.

Since we are on the subject of picture taking......when are you doing another session? Gotta get more pics of my other characters.

whoopsies, double post.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Kamotz on 2001-04-29 10:25 ]</font>

Jazzy, have tried Caves 1? There's decent slope in the elongated oval-esque rooms that usually have Nano-dragons in them. The rooms that have the two little stairway texture on the floor. I hope I'm desribing it in a comprehendible way...

<font face="Courier">** _

* /

*|** |

<**** >

*|** |

*** /

</font></p>
    Looks kinda sorta maybe a little bit like my ASCII art thingie there. Hopefully it'll display correctly.

SaitoH: I think the major defining factors in the quality is capture resolution and input. I do all my captures at 1600x1200, and shrink them down to 800x600 for distribution (but the 1600x1200 pics are available to anyone who wants them). Also the s-video input. Compare some of watashiwa's pre and post svideo shots to see what I mean.

Kamotz: I've heard mention of that, but never did any sort of testing. Do you have any example shots? In the mines1 one, I actually had someone stand there, and I framed them for a shot, but didn't take one.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

The ATI TV Wonder I was talking about plugs into a USB port. It's not a card. It's good if your card can't screen capture but you still want to keep it.