Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

I'm still not sure what it is! :-S

LOL, I posted the exact same thing at the same time Check the last post on page 5 lol.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Looks like a back view of someone (no head in the pic) holding some large red thing in both hands, arms outstretched. Maybe some kind of glider or jetpack.

Heh! Great minds think alike

There's no female version of the duck shown, if I find anything else in the book which it could be I'll post it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2004-05-13 22:46 ]</font>

The pelican-type character was supposed to be one of the original sketches for the HUnewm.

At least, that's what I read on... Pioneer Alley, I believe.

On 2004-05-13 22:02, Nash wrote:
    Thank for the translation!

Scanned my Book Of Hunters again. I think the duck-thing in the flash trailer might be a variation of this:

And it is on the same page as the other one already in the game.
    AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

It's Jar-Jar!!

I will say it again:

It seems pretty obvious to me that the game will be (or at least pretends to be) both a new PSO and a regular PS Storyline continuation.

Who, on their right mind (yes, I know were talking about sega afterall) would release a new game and say: "hey, it's PSO2? It's PSV? gee, we don't know..." to get both crowds lashing at each other just to say, a couple months later "oh, sorry PSO group, that was just to mess with you, it's actually a Offline only rpg" or the other way around?

It seems pretty clear to me that it's a Online game with a Story behind it. I'm not saying it's a link between pso and regular ps story, or whatever...

But that sure as hell look like the algo system (or something really similar to it). And the first character that appears on a ship is apparently returning to the planet (which looks like dezoris to me) from a time travel/great distance trip.

(crap, reading that makes me sound like i'm saying somebody is coming back from PSO to Algol system.. that's NOT what i meant)

But that's just me having delusions of a game that I actually WANT IT to be.

Oh yeah.. somebody said something about ingame pics? Well, there are apparently two! if you catch the IGN movies, the first one is something that was missing from the gamespot bit. It shows loads of pics (mostly artwork pics) but it also shows two animated sequences which kinda look like (to me at least) a hunter standing still and a ranger firing some weapon.
    We should be able to get a better glimpse of it when the Direct Feed of the video shows up on phantasystaruniverse.com (which they say they will on the little popup window that.. well.. pops up).

Looking at this pic again, there's 5 or 6 planets. So what if PSU takes place on more than one planet? Not just Ragol like PSO. So in the online game, the ships (servers) would be around different planets. Travel to certain ships, to visit different planets and areas.

And that's why it's called Phantasy Star Universe? If so, that makes me think MMORPG for the online game. Imagine if they could add new planets, and therefore areas, to the servers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2004-05-13 23:16 ]</font>

I don't see 5 to 6 planets on that pic
    i see 3
    the 3 on the background and the 3 on top of each other are actually the same 3..

frst three are background, the 3 on top of each other are part of the logo, apparently.

The main problem is: Didn't the algol system got butchered (aka, one of the planets exploded)?

also, i dont remember one of the planets in the algol system having rings. Maybe it's just something that looks like the algol system? ohhh so many doubts...

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Umm, 3 of the planets are the logo, and the pic in the background shows 3 planets. That doesn't mean 6 planets. I suppose server = planet may work, but that may not work with server architecture. If this is another MMORPG, more likely that the worl dwill jsut be a seamles unverse, and there won't be any real "connecting" to any given server/planet.