Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

formerly trouble_fish

Looks like an rpg or a mmorpg, like others said. Notice the scene at the end where the hunters face off against a many-headed dragon - the dragon has the exact same roaring animation as the PSO dragons - the hunters hold similar looking weapons and pose in similar manner. Though, from what I know (very little), the weapons are more or less the same for most Phantasy Star games anyhow.

Actually Trouble Fish, the only thing that's ever really been consistent about weapons in Phantasy Star has been the presense of swords, guns and slicers.

In any case, speculating from the trailer, it seems that this will indeed be the offline Phantasy Star V that we heard rumors of so long ago.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

formerly trouble_fish

On 2004-05-12 16:53, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    Actually Trouble Fish, the only thing that's ever really been consistent about weapons in Phantasy Star has been the presense of swords, guns and slicers.
    Shows how much I know about PS. I've only ever seen a couple screens shop-type screens.

Oh I want another PSO type game. Where I can go beat on the monsters. And play multiplayer. Even offline only would be fine (split screen multiplayer)...

http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EpluFAyApudTqrPkQM.php

Check that, good or bad, you decide, I just hope they keep offline available becuase jumping into a full online RPG without it being very well known is a very bad move IMO.

I miss Ragol...

Anyway, It looks like this might be what's happening in Algol during the events of PSO. Either that, or afterwards. It looked like the seal on the profound darkness was broken or something. (When all those ships were destroyed) Uh, it WAS sealed away, wasn't it? I've never played PSIV. Looks sweet, but I'll miss the whole Ragol saga...

The ragol saga was very good overall imo.

As for PSV... Why wreck such a beautiful ending that PSIV had? =/

Also that dragon sorta looks like "Del Dragon"

The quiet scent of a fanfiction... is only smelled by the keen senses of hunter.

I think I'm going to get a migraine.

--

I really don't know what to say exactly. Do you think even though we have memory cards, they have an ability to do server-side saving? Or is it impossible?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

To quote Penny Arcade

The Braying and Neighing of Barnyard Animals Follows.
    That's pointed at Nintendo Insider, not you.

I'm taking this as a result of someone posting news that assumes that anything past PSO *must* be a PSO game. Sega didn't state PS or PSO, and at the moment, noone knows. We'll just have to wait for info.

.................................................. ..
    HOLY OMGWTFFHJCOMGWTRFGWTOJGSJSAKFSODXJODSAFJ!!!!!!!!11 !!! I PISSED MY PANTS!!!
    Anyways, It defiantly looks like the Profound darkness has been unsealed, it also looks like its going to be offline due to it being a multi planet game. on another note, this game will probably tie PSO with the PS series, it looks like the mainwave immagation to ragol is there and Profound darkness is blowing up all the ships (Note the that fleet been blow up looks like a bunch of pioneer 2's!) WHATEVER THE TURNOUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!