Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

On 2005-03-23 09:48, Solstis wrote:
    Just me, or does it look like the same exact game idea, but with more people and better graphics?
    I think that they will include all the old levels for nostalgia reasons, why not, it takes time off of creating new stages.

And if anything that IGN/Gamespot has said about it from that shonenJump thing is true, the game is supposed to span 3 worlds in the Grail system, so one of the 3 worlds might very well have Forest/Caves/mines and ruins, but the other 2 stages will probably be totally different.

And vehicles are also supposed to make their way into the game so does that mean we would need that driller from PSIV to get to caves? and then some sort of land/sea vehicle to get to a mining factory?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-03-23 19:13 ]</font>

Since when the fuck was powerful hardware a requirement for entertaining games? Oh FUCK, Phantasy Star IV isn't in 3D with voice acting and a billion polygons! It must suck shit!

And the reverse fanboying in this thread is ludicrous. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's not coming out on the console you spend your nights wanking off against. When are you people going to figure out that a good game can be made on any platform, including, gasp, the PS2!

Hell, people are still making homebrews for the Atari 2600 that own the fuck out of the regurgitated trash companies puke out these days, so what the fuck does power have to do with anything? Oh shit, the PS2 can only do this much while that other console can do that much! So fucking what?

Quit whining and puling, maggots. Sega is not going to come give you a blowjob and put it on GC or Xbox or your old NES sitting in the corner just because you hate the PS2.

Whether or not it's well-designed and balanced, with good gameplay and story... That's what will make it a good game or a bad game, not what console it's on. Honestly, grow up and go play some fucking Duck Hunt.

And yes, I do own a PS2 in addition to my gamecube. I do not own an Xbox. Why? No games that interest me. I don't care how good the console is, if there's nothing I'm going to play on it.

So! To recap!

The PS2 will not eat your children, and PSU coming out on it is not the end of the world.

Stop being so goddamned shallow.

There's this mysterious thing I've heard rumours of lately... I believe it was called 'sunlight'. I've heard that it has some amazing properties. Maybe you should check it out?

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

It's not really that we (Or atleast it's my case, I) hate the PS2, but that PSO, Episode 1-3 was all on the GC. So it's kind of expected that they'd continue that trend.

If PS1-3 was put on Genesis, and PS4 had been put onto the SNES (I know, impossible since Sega was a console developer at the time, jsut an example), people would have been angry because there is a fanbase on the Genesis for this particular series.

I dunno if I'm even making sense to myself.

But, again, I'm only speaking for myself.

guys, please keep the console wars out of this sticky
    i'd hate to see this nice big thread shot down in flames =|
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Eh, don't worry. Ian's just trying to get some attention. It's about that time of the week.

See, I'm more upset because making a game on the PS2 is not going to show us anything knew. It's got no harddrive, it's a weak system - it's dead, for the most part. Heck, developers don't even like programming for the system. It's being put onto the PS2 solely for the fact that it's the guaranteed money-maker.

Of course, that IS a good reason. A much better business decision than putting it on the Gamecube, and maybe the X-Box. Everybody needs to put food on their table, and more money is good for Sega. Some people just feel a little betrayed.

I just can't wrap my head around them making a game for a system in this generation, though. If it's supposed to be an ongoing online RPG, wouldn't it make sense to put it on a system that's going to be around in two or three years?

looks like PSU's (hopefully) NPC's names are Ethan Ever, and Karen Ella (or era).

and I assume hunters are called "guardians" now.

this is really starting to remind me of FF8...

And yes, I do own a PS2 in addition to my gamecube. I do not own an Xbox. Why? No games that interest me. I don't care how good the console is, if there's nothing I'm going to play on it.
    This is the reason I don't have a PS2, there just aren't any games that interest me. I like 2D fighters a lot, but all of the good ones came out years ago on the Dreamcast already.

Think you could cut down on the cursing? Not only is it offensive but it makes you look like an idiot and a child. Maybe you're joking? I don't know, but maybe if you had some of this "sunlight" you speak of, you wouldn't get so worked up over a message board on the internet.

Now, to actually contribute something to the thread; Does anyone have the new EGM yet? They said that it should be hitting the subscribers by now. I hope that it includes some type of poster like the old PSO issue of EGM did.

If the grail system is at war, could this mean that there could be some Player vs. Player combat thrown into the mix? I'm sure there will eventually be a battle mode since PSO had it. But maybe there could be something that actually contributes to the story?

ARGH!
    Why'd they have to update the site only in flash? You can't copy and paste out of flash and into babelfish to get horribly wacky translations! I am not after horribly wacky translations, but at this point I will take anything I can get.

I got mad and tried to translate it myself, but they crammed in so many of those complicated katakana as to make it impossible on purpose. There's no way you can look up symbols like that...soooo frusterating. I started with the names and got something very diff from the above post
    "NormalKid" I-Sa-So-U-E-Ba
    "Newman Girl" "Ka-Re-E-Ra"

The worst part is knowing how long they're going to UTTERLY IGNORE the english side. If they keep to their track record, we'll be lucky to even get a peep out of it a week before the official release. Fans don't like to translate because the language is too difficult and it takes too long. Who can memorize 2000 different (yet shockingly similar looking) bundles of lines?

Also the guy...is rather normal looking. I mean, you see dudes like this in the mall. Granted sans the "Belly Shirt"...but still. Also to notice: he is dual weilding with diff weps. (not knives like she has) I've always wanted to dual weild...

read this on gaming-age forums:

Originally Posted by john tv:
    The new EGM is out to subscribers today -- a friend of mine got an early copy (I guess they're showing up in mailboxes as of today), and offered up a couple of tidbits from the PSU feature. I haven't seen the issue yet myself, so please don't press me for details. Here's what he said:

- Independent Offline and Online modes confirmed

- Offline is a full-on 40-hour single-player RPG -- I guess this is where the "Is it Phantasy Star V?" bit came from in the E3 trailer last year

- Online is basically a true sequel to PSO, but apparently it's NOT an MMORPG. EGM says there'll be more party members than PSO, but they don't clarify how many

- Character creation system is apparently very nice (that's where the "breasts" comment came from, I guess)

- Class system is very different from PSO's, more open-ended

- They feature two pages on offline, two pages on online, and an interview with Yuji Naka. Lots of new screens, too

Subscribers are getting their issues now (he got his today), so I suppose more info will be popping up soon.
    its like two games in one!

man, i can't wait even more now!

The stage is the Graal Star System, consisting of three planets. Each planet has it's own culture, formed by it's different race.

The history of Graal Star System is filled with conflicts amongst the different races. However, after the Final Conflict 100 years ago, the union was formed amongst the three planets, which gave birth to the Allied Army and ultimately peace to the Graal Star System.

At this time, the 100 year anniversary of the Graal Star System Alliance is being celebrated. The main character Ethan, and his sister Rumia were both enjoying the ceremony, which showed off their space fleet - the pride of the Allied Army. However, one by one the fleet was destroyed by an incoming meteor shower, and even the lands were envelped in flames. It actually wasn't a meteor shower, but was a space lifeform that would later be called SEED, which tried to lead Graal to its destruction. From SEED which landed, invasions occured, and soon the lands were covered in darkness.

Even the Guardians Colony was suddenly attacked by the mysterious lifeform, and fell into a panic. In the midst of the confusion brought on by Gaurdians falling one by one, only Rumia remained in the rubble. To save his sister, Ethan would borrow the strength of the Guardians, and start his first which could mean life or death.

Characters:
    Ethan Webber

Sex: Male
    Race: Human

17 years old, living on the Guardians Colony. Came to watch the 100 year anniversary of the Planetary Alliance. Got caught up in the invasion of the SEED. Takes assignment after the initial SEED invasion, becoming a trainee of the Planetary Defense Organization [called] "Guardians". Began to train vigorously under Karen.

Karen Era
    Sex: Female
    Race: Newman

17 years old. Has 3 years of battle experience, and becomes Ethan's instructor. Experienced her mother being killed by a primeval (protozoan) lifeform, and even though is a Newman, has to live with the handicap of being unable to use techniques. Is a bit harder on herself than she needs to be, and stubbornly acts tough.
    translated by gajin punch over at
    Japan Gaming