Thread: Consider this

After reading a few topics around here recenlty, I commonly saw lines such as " were getting what we deserved for the torture blah blah blah" we surely if the media hadnt spread the word then they(civilians/soldiers in iraq etc) wouldnt be paying for it?

i wont say whats worse: the media or those who committed the acts cos its plain obvious. but still the media does have a part to play in this i feel. and if anyone is intrested im english

...So you're saying that if the media didn't report US abuse of Iraqi prisoners, we'd be better off over there?

Listen to what you're saying with that for a moment, and then go slap yourself repeatedly.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff! Subliminalgroove's Avatar

On 2004-05-14 07:30, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
    After reading a few topics around here recenlty, I commonly saw lines such as " were getting what we deserved for the torture blah blah blah" we surely if the media hadnt spread the word then they(civilians/soldiers in iraq etc) wouldnt be paying for it?

i wont say whats worse: the media or those who committed the acts cos its plain obvious. but still the media does have a part to play in this i feel. and if anyone is intrested im english
    ITs a very intense and very political issue here. It is coming out that alot of things we consider abuse when used on our soldiers is actually CONDONED when used in interrogation.

How can we assume to take the high moral ground here when we are guilty of doing this shit? The answer is we can't. What happened there was WRONG. And we, the public, haven't even seen the half of it. Most of it has only been shown in congressional and senate hearings behind closed doors. That means that its being hidden from us because the powers that be feel that it is too grisly for us to see, or that it will hurt Bush's administration in the coming election. Both of which are questionable reasons.

We ... no, the whole world needs to know that this stuff is going on. That is the only way we have a chance in hell at stopping it from happening.

This is War, nothing pretty about it. What US has done has been done all over the world. Not one country can say otherwise. In war all the ugly takes life. You actually believe that all prisoners during a war status are treated "nice"? I feel more pity for female prisoners in general, and you all know why. But if you think this is a first, and never heard off before, you are sadly mistaken. It happened now, it happened in the past, and most likely will happen in the future all over the world.

Are you implying we should just turn the other way...

Ignore that this shit is happening?

Let war be the exuse for the primal animal in ourselves to be let loose?

I thought we were "civilized".

Was I wrong?

On 2004-05-14 08:50, Subliminalgroove wrote:
    Are you implying we should just turn the other way...

Ignore that this shit is happening?

Let war be the exuse for the primal animal in ourselves to be let loose?

I thought we were "civilized".

Was I wrong?

If we were civilized we would be these things: Tolerant, non greedy, open minded, rational, just, honorable... etc. And I am not saying just USA, I mean the whole freaking world. And war is not an excuse, it is a fact. War is yet one more way of one person imposing "their" needs above others. We are all guilty of this. If you, perchance, have a feasable solution, share it with us.

Feasible solution... no... can't say I have one.

But, by just avoiding or ignoring horrible things like this we do nothing but worsen the situation.

On 2004-05-14 09:16, Subliminalgroove wrote:
    Feasible solution... no... can't say I have one.

But, by just avoiding or ignoring horrible things like this we do nothing but worsen the situation.
    And that is the question. What do we do? Can we do anything? One thing that is certain is this. If we ourselves bash our own country we enpower those that oppose us. Meaning, like a family, there are members we do not like, but in the end we defend because they are our family. This is by far not the best of answers or solution, but it is one that can be done. I myself lack the wisdom and knowledge to advice on such a global situation. All I know is that it sucks.