Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

wow the continuation rocked.the story good as always.it was cool that wazzy was included in it too.cant wait for the rest.

Chapter 9: A Valiant Attempt At A Rescue

Sunblast and Eihwaz continued their trek through the ruins. Most of the monsters here were abominations that barely resembled their counterparts in the ruins Sunblast was familiar with. His weapons were strong enough to knock back the monsters, but it was Eihwaz who defeated the enemies they faced.
    "Don't sweat it," said Eihwaz after they had cleared another room of creatures. "These monsters are a lot stronger than the ones you're used to. They're just out of your league." Even with his mask, Sunblast looked annoyed by Eihwaz's comment. "Err, what I mean is, they're stronger."
    Sunblast sighed. "Yeah, I know. I just wish I had a weapon that could actually hurt them."
    "Nah, don't worry about it. I got these guys covered. You just keep an eye out for that girl you're looking for." Eihwaz took a second to check himself for wounds to find that he had several bruises where he'd been hit by the blunt fists of a giant creature they had been fighting only a minute ago. "Oww, that's smarts."
    Sunblast pointed a palm at him and said, "I got it. Just hold still." Light started to emanate from Sunblast's body until he was a bright white flash. Then, the same light enveloped Eihwaz, covering his wounds. The pain from his injuries quickly subsided, then the light dissipated from both of them. Eihwaz stretched his back with a satisfied groan.
    "Wow, that felt good. I didn't know Rangers could cast Resta like that."
    Sunblast simply shrugged and walked towards the next unlocked door. "Shall we?" he asked. Eihwaz hustled over to him and nodded. They walked through the door into a small room with a couple of metal crates in the corner. They each burst open a few and looked over the items they received. Tails, who had been napping in Sunblast's inventory, awoke and sniffed the air, inhaling deeply. He smelled the Star Atomizer that Sunblast had found, and began begging for it. Sunblast sighed and surrendered the delicious morsel. He and Eihwaz laughed at the little mag as it devoured the item in a single bite, obviously satisfied with itself.
    Unbeknownst to them, a hunter was watching them from the ceiling. He deftly punched in some numbers on his wrist unit and started to crawl into the next room, where Leo had set up his trap. His wrist unit sent in the command codes he had entered and activated the trap he had laid for them to buy his master time.
    Sunblast and Eihwaz were just about to walk to the next door when they both heard the sound of a monster appearing behind them. Tails screeched and dove into some of the debris from the boxes. Sunblast turned with his Varista, Eihwaz with his runic-looking saber. Both of them jumped just a little bit when they saw the source of the sound.
    A delsaber stood not two meters away, and already it had started to close the distance between them. Sunblast opened fire on the approaching menace while Eihwaz dashed to face it head on. When he was only a couple feet away, Eihwaz raised his saber above his head and swung the sword once his target was upon him. However, he yelled out when he realized he had thrown his saber, and it was now stuck in the far wall. His eyes went wide as the delsaber swung his bladed arm at Eihwaz, but it was knocked back by a precise shot from Sunblast's pistol.
    Eihwaz took this chance to dash around the delsaber and make a break for his sword. He reached it and started pulling on it, but it wouldn't budge. Hearing Sunblast yell something behind him, he turned and asked, "What?" As he said this, he had to duck to avoid the deslaber's lightning fast strike aimed at his neck. He gave up trying to free his sword and dove between the delsaber's legs before taking off again.
    Eihwaz continued to run around the room, occasionally turning to make a counterattack only to find he had to dodge again. Sunblast kept firing away at the beast, but it was too fast. "Wazzy," he yelled. "Keep him still!"
    "Oh, sure," Eihwaz yelled back. "Easy for you to say!" He jumped over some debris and turned to see the delsaber about to make its own jump. Eihwaz took this opportunity to use a technique called Foie, launching a fireball at his opponent. The attack found its mark, and the delsaber was taken aback by the power of Eihwaz's attack. Still taking hits from Sunblast's Varista, it jumped high into the air, only to come back down on top of Eihwaz, giving him a heavy hit to the head.
    Eihwaz was knocked off his feet and hit the ground with a thud. He looked up to see the deslaber taking deliberate aim at his head. Just as it was about to strike, it was hit by one out of many bolts of photon that seared through the air. The blast knocked the delsaber off of Eihwaz and forced it against the wall. Eihwaz hopped back up to his feet and let loose another fiery attack called Rafoie, a much stronger version of Foie. The delsaber, trying to hold its own body together, burst into flames as an incendiary sphere exploded directly on top of him. The delsaber screeched in pain and dropped to the ground, smoking. Eihwaz ran to the smoldering corpse and inspected it. He suddenly leaped high into the air, shouting victoriously.
    "I found it! I found it! Whoo hoo!" He picked up a red box and opened it, causing a long claw to form on his right wrist. It had three blades, each one long and sleek enough to be a small katana on its own. He pumped it into the air and shouted, "The Morning Glory! It's mine! Whoo hoo!"
    As he danced around, Sunblast lowered the gun he had used to blast the delsaber across the room. It was a large, shotgun-type weapon with a special function that could cause enemies to become confused and attack their own allies. He walked over to the wall and yanked Eihwaz's sword out of the wall. He walked over and handed it to Eihwaz, careful not to get stabbed by his newly found rare weapon.
    "Oh, man! This thing is cooler than I imagined! I can't wait to--" His words were cut off as he was struck by a blast from a photon pistol. It hit him in the chest, knocking the wind out of him and cutting right through his Force costume. He dropped to the ground in pain as Sunblast looked to see where the shot had come from. Standing at the door, a black-clad Hunter stood with a smoking handgun. As soon as Sunblast raised his own gun to return fire, the Hunter ran through the door and out of sight.
    Sunblast turned back to Eihwaz and said, "Crap, are you alright?"
    Eihwaz coughed a couple of times before replying." Yeah, I'll make it. I think I need to get back to the hospital, though. Can you make me a portal back to Pioneer 2?"
    Sunblast nodded and waved his hand to cast Ryuker, a technique that opens a small rift that leads directly to the Hunter's District onboard Pioneer 2. He helped Eihwaz into the bright, shifting light of the portal. Right before he passed through it, he said, "Good luck finding the girl. I'll come back for you as soon as I can." Then he disappeared through the gateway to return to safety.
    As soon as Eihwaz was on his way, Sunblast sprinted for the door. It opened to reveal a very large room, but before he could look around, he was met by a big, metallic fist. He fell to the ground, dazed by the force of the strike. He held his head, which felt like it was spinning. Somewhere in the room, he could hear someone laughing.
    "Well, well. If it isn't Sunblast, my arch nemesis."
    Sunblast looked up, trying to discern where the voice was coming from. There were two men in military uniforms, a large, purple android, the hunter with the handgun that had shot Eihwaz, and another HUmar in black standing on a platform in the middle of the room. He looked at the HUmar across the room and squinted at him. "Leo? Leo from WORKS? Is that really you?" He tried to stand up, nearly toppling over again. Once he was on his feet, he said, "Wait, arch nemesis? You must be joking, right?"
    Leo shook his head. "This is most certainly not a joke. You've been brought here to--"
    "I mean, I could understand enemies," Sunblast interrupted. "But arch nemesis?"
    Leo lost his tempter and shouted, "Hey! I'm not through here! I have brought you here to seek my vengeance after what you did to me!" Leo raised his katana threateningly. "Time to die."
    Sunblast jumped into action. He drew his Varista and fired off a shot at each of the military-clad guards, downing each. He activated his Varista's special function, turned, and fired point blank into the face of the purple android that had punched him. The android was much to strong to be beaten that easily, but he found he could no longer move due to the paralyzing shot from the Varista. Sunblast dropped to his knee in time to avoid the shot that came from the pistol-wielding Hunter, then he fired off three shots, each one hitting their target in a different location. The man moaned before he too dropped to the ground. Sunblast then turned his sights on Leo, but he had hidden behind a pile of crates.
    "Come out and face me, you coward!" Sunblast yelled while walking towards Leo's hiding place.
    "Don't take another step," Leo yelled back. "Or she gets it."
    As Leo said this, Landon stepped out of the shadows with Nara still in his grasp.
    "No! Nara!" gasped Sunblast, dashing to save her. He stopped dead in his tracks when Landon drew a small photon knife and placed it on Nara's throat. Nara's eyes went wide, and she tried to scream, but her mouth was still covered by Landon's gloved head. Her captor shook his head, then flashed a wicked looking smile.
    "Stand down," said Landon. "Or I will slit her throat right here." Sunblast hesitated, so Landon pressed the knife closer to her throat. Sunblast stepped back and dropped his Varista. "That's a good lad. Just don't try anything, and the girl will live, got it?" Sunblast gulped and nodded.
    Leo climbed out from his hiding place and advanced on Sunblast. "Ha! Did you really think I wasn't ready for one of your brash attacks?" he gloated. By now, the purple android was free of his paralysis; he came up behind Sunblast, cuffed him across the back of the head, and kicked his feet out from under him, forcing him onto his knees. The robot kicked away Sunblast's Varista, sending it sliding to the room's entrance. "Thank you, Kireek," said Leo. The big android acknowledged him with a nod.
    Sunblast lowered his head to the floor, trying to keep from looking at Nara's frightened face. Slowly, he reached his hand over to his wrist unit, secretly tapping a few buttons. Silently, he sent a distress call to Eihwaz, who was most likely at the hospital. As soon as the message was away, he looked back up at Leo, who was brandishing his katana.
    "I've been waiting for this moment for quite some time," he said, starting to pace. "If it wasn't for you, I would have surely been promoted to general of Pioneer 2's armed forces. I would have discovered the ultimate weapon! But no, you had to help that meddling Montague. I'm lucky to still be alive," he said, caressing his facial burns. "The entire area collapsed on me after the android girl detonated. I had to dig my way out, and I just barely survived."
    "Sorry to hear that," Sunblast said. "The surviving part, I mean."
    Kireek hit Sunblast again, and Leo continued his speech. "Once I got out of there, I was dishonorably discharged from WORKS. Montague had already manipulated them with a sap story about his droid. They wouldn't even listen to a word I said!" Leo clenched a fist and his face flushed with anger. "I was outcast by the entire government! They made me into a criminal!"
    He slowly unclenched his fist and lowered his voice. "I knew I had to do something. I had to try to get it all back, to show them I was a hero. That's when I remembered you," he said, pointing an accusing finger at Sunblast. I knew that the first thing I had to do was redeem myself by defeating you. Unfortunately, I had already been stripped of my command, and I needed help. That's when I turned to Black Paper for help, and they were all to eager to be rid of you."
    Sunblast cursed. Black paper, he brooded. So they're behind this. Black Paper is the biggest criminal organization onboard Pioneer 2. They were originally on Coral, but when the Pioneer Project was started, they saw it as a way to increase their resources and expand across the galaxy. They snuck stowaways onto the first and second Pioneers, pulling strings in the government to get their agents onboard. Now they had expanded their operations to Ragol, smuggling the planets artifacts to sell on the black market. Sunblast had had run-ins with them before, and he had even assisted in the capture of their appointed leader. Unfortunately, Black Paper is a serpent that cannot be killed by simply removing the head.
    "They were so eager, in fact, that they gave me some of their finest soldiers to help," he said, looking at the corpses on the ground. "They certainly weren't very helpful, but they also sent Kireek here. He's rather high up in their organization. What do they call you, again?"
    "Black Hound," Kireek replied emotionlessly.
    "Ah, yes, that's right," Leo said. "Well, anyway, I'm certainly glad they sent him. He's practically the only one that pulls his weight around here."
    From across the room, Landon cleared his throat. "Oh, yes," said Leo. "I'm sorry, I had forgotten you were here. Speaking of which, we have what we wanted," he said, gesturing to Sunblast. "You may kill the girl now."
    Landon gasped. "What? But you said she could live!"
    "Did I say that?" Leo shrugged and said, "Well, I've changed my mind. Kill her."
    Landon shook his head. "No. No, I won't do that. I promised her--"
    Leo turned to glare at Landon, who shrunk behind Nara to avoid his gaze. "What did you say? Did you say, 'No?'" He stepped towards Landon and Nara, raising a fist threateningly. "I am your commanding officer, and I gave you an order. Now, kill the girl immediately!"
    Landon began to quake. "Y-yes, master. I am sorry, master." He turned his gaze to the blue-haired Newman he was holding captive. "I... I am sorry." He brought the knife up to her neck and closed his eyes, preparing to do the deed. Nara, acting out of fear and desperation, grabbed his hand off of her mouth and stuck it right back in, biting deep into his gloved hand. The glove was hardly thick enough to provide any protection, and Landon yelled out, dropping the knife. She broke free from his grasp, elbowed him in the stomach, and made a break for the door.
    "Damn it, Landon!" yelled Leo. "Stop her!"
    Landon bent down to pick up his knife, but as he reached for it, all he saw was a yellow blur and it was gone. He looked around, confused, until he saw a small, cat-like mag making off with the knife in its paws. Upon reaching a safe height, Tails turned around and made a sound like that of an electronic raspberry. Leo scowled and made his way towards the door, shouting, "You won't get out of here alive, girl! There's no escape!"
    When Nara reached the door, she bent down and scooped up Sunblast's Varista, then turned it on Leo. "I don't plan on escaping."
    Leo skidded to a stop and began to back away. Sunblast hid a smile beneath his mask. As he grinned at Nara's intuitive move, he felt his wrist unit vibrate. He looked down and read the message that appeared on it.

SUNBLAST:
    IT'S WAZZY. I'M OUT OF THE HOSPITAL, AND I GOT YOUR MESSAGE. I'LL BE THERE AS SOON AS I CAN, BUT I'M GOING TO GET HELP.

Sunblast silently acknowledged the message, the turned back to the scene before him. Nara had Sunblast's Varista trained on Leo, who was trying to calm her down, while Kireek sat perfectly still. Sunblast rose to his feet and quickly backpedaled to get away from the android.
    "Sunblast, are you alright?" called Nara, still watching Leo.
    He nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. That was some stunt you pulled just a moment ago, and I'm really glad you did it. I'd have to say this is the best first date I've ever had."
    Nara shook her head, still aiming the gun at Leo. "Nuh uh. This is so not a date. You still owe me a trip to that fancy restaurant."
    He chuckled. "OK, you got me. We'll go there as soon as we're done here. Speaking of which," he turned his attention back to their foes, who had been waiting for them to finish. "What should we do about these guys?"
    Nara grinned, looking a little wicked herself. "I say we take them in and--" the weapon in her hands suddenly fired, sending a scorching bolt of photon harmlessly into a wall. "Shoot! Sorry!" But it was too late. Leo started to sprint for her, readying his weapon for the kill.
    "Nara!" yelled Sunblast. "No!" He tried to run to her, but it was too late. Leo was moving in fast, and there was nothing he could do. Nara fried the Varista helplessly a few more times, the kick-back being too much for her. Leo was upon her in seconds, preparing to swing his sword, but he never got the chance. From high in the ceiling, a being of metal dropped down and stood in the path between Nara and her onrushing opponent. It was a HUcast, big and powerful. It drew dual daggers and stood ready for Leo's assault. As soon as he reached the android, it was already over. With two quick diagonal slashes, Leo dropped to the ground covered in his own blood. He wasn't even able to speak as he simply gurgled, slowly drifting into death. The android stood tall and spoke in his artificial voice, "Hello Sunblast. I assume you'll want to thank me now."
    Sunblast was astonished to see Yavangel standing before him, wielding his twin yellow daggers. Nara started backing away from the imposing robot, who simply glanced her way before walking towards Kireek, who had drawn his frightening looking scythe.
    As the two prepared to face off, Sunblast ran to Nara and hugged her tightly, speaking softly to comfort her while discreetly taking back his Varista. As the androids began dueling one another, a very quiet Landon hid in the shadows with his communicator.
    He hit the transmit button and whispered into it. "The commander has failed. I repeat, Leo is dead. But this is no time to give up. Initiate project Entra. Hurry." As he finished, he pressed up against the wall and, without a trace, passed through it into a hidden and camouflaged passage.

Chapter 10: Project Entra

The two androids seemed like they could continue fighting forever, continuously blocking and countering each other's attacks, but in an instant, Kireek disengaged and retreated for the door furthest from them. Yavangel made no attempt to follow him, but merely turned around to face Sunblast, Nara, and Tails. Just as Sunblast started to thank Yavangel, the Ruins shook with loud explosions from somewhere not too far off.
    As soon as Sunblast regained his balance, he shouted, "What the heck was that?!"
    Yavangel looked about quickly before calmly saying, "We have to get out of here. Now."
    "Well, duh," retorted Sunblast. "This whole place could come down on us at any minute!"
    Yavangel shook his single-horned head and said, "No, the structural integrity of this section of the ruins is in no danger, despite those explosions." He turned back, looking at the door Kireek had used to get away. "We have to run now, or risk being overwhelmed."
    Sunblast tilted his head slightly, making a confused face through his mask. "Overwhelmed? By what?"
    As he finished his sentence, a huge, strange-looking claw burst through the wall opposite of them, followed by another. A few more pierced through the structure of the wall, causing it to collapse. As soon as the dust settled, scores of ruins monsters of every type came charging through the rubble. Yavangel stepped forward, readying his twin weapons. He turned his back towards them and said, "Run now, or I won't be able to hold them off long enough."
    Sunblast started to shake his head in protest as the door behind him opened, and Eihwaz stepped through. "Hey Sunblast, I'm back. I thought you-- Holy crap!" he exclaimed as he saw the horde of monsters rapidly making their way across the immense room. "Shoot, I wasn't expecting this! It's a good thing I brought friends."
    As he said this, he stood away from the doorway, allowing an onrush of fellow hunters to run into the room. As soon as the lead hunters spotted their foes, they drew their weapons and rushed the ranks of creatures. Hunter weapons clashed with those of the monsters while rangers stood back and let loose volleys of photon energy. The forces, though few in number, caused groups of monsters to fall at once with their devastating techniques.
    Sunblast turned to Eihwaz and asked, "How'd you get all of these guys to come on such short notice?"
    Eihwaz just shrugged and said, "Ah, it was nothing. All I had to do was ask the people at the Hunter's Guild for help. It seems your pretty popular," he said, gesturing to the next group of hunters entering the room.
    In the lead was Bernie with Zero right behind him. Next in line was a force in a dark green dress, who turned to run upon seeing the monsters. However, the big red HUcast behind the force pushed him back into the room, gently "encouraging" him. They were followed by a chubby hunter with dark sunglasses and a white afro, a very short, very well endowed Newman girl in a skimpy green outfit, and a dark clothed human with a black ponytail and a yellow section ID known as YELLOWBOOZE.
    Sunblast, who knew them all as his friends, nodded to them as they rushed in to face the ever-shrinking swarm of monsters. Yavangel let them pass, then approached Sunblast and Nara, grabbing them by the arms and forcing them towards the door.
    "We can handle the threat here, but it's still too dangerous for you to be here," he said as he ushered them out of the room. Once they reached the adjoining area, he removed a small object from his belt, activated it, then dropped it on the ground. It burst, creating a pillar of light. Yavangel gestured to the newly-formed portal, which would lead them directly to the Hunter's district of Pioneer 2. "I'll see to the safety of your... friends."
    Sunblast gestured for Nara to pass through first. Once she was safely out of the ruins, Sunblast nodded to Yavangel, then stepped through himself. They both appeared in the hunter's district, safe and sound. She looked at him and said, "Well, that was fun. Now, how about that date?"
    Sunblast removed his head gear and mask, flashing her a smile. "Alright, I guess tonight would be nice." He took a step forward, then stopped and looked back at her. "Wait a beat, are you sure you're up for that? I mean, you were a prisoner to a deranged idiot not too long ago."
    She put her hands on her hips and said, "Hey, I'm pretty tough, you know. I've got more than enough energy to go out tonight." She started to walk away from Sunblast towards her home. Over her shoulder, she shouted, "Meet me at the hospital in 100 beats. You do know where that is, don’t ya?" she said with a wink.
    Sunblast stood there with a stupid grin on his face for a good while before turning to look at his mag, whom was still holding onto a photon knife.
    "Hey," he scolded. "Give me that." He held out his hand and took the weapon from Tails. The mag drooped down and made a sad little sound. Sunblast kept a tight grip on it, in case of a mag mutiny, and made his way home. When he got there, he opened the door and entered the first room.
    He put the knife in a drawer, one that takes thumbs to open, and started to take off his armor and stash away his weapons. He headed to his clothes drawers and picked out a purple shirt with shoulder pads, which made it look almost like he was still armored. He combed his hair, then put on his yellow goggles, pushing them above his eyebrows.
    Once he was finished getting dressed, his wrist unit beeped at him. He checked it to see that someone wanted to speak with him. He sat down on the couch and activated it. A holographic image of Bernie's face was projected in front of him. Behind Bernie, Sunblast could see a trio of hunters searching a massive pile of boxes for anything of use while a few others passed by in the back ground, obviously looking for more enemies.
    Bernie cleared his throat and spoke up. "Hey Sunblast. How's the girl?" Before Sunblast could respond, Bernie continued. "Anyway, we've got all the monsters taken care of. There could still be a few around here, but they're pretty much done for. We found where those guys had made base at," he said, gesturing to the area behind him. Besides the boxes, there were plenty of desks, consoles, and a big glass tube which had been broken, apparently from the inside. Bernie grabbed a packet of documents off of a desk and held it up for Sunblast to see. It was rather thick, and it was bound by three rings with the words Project Entra printed on the cover page.
    "Apparently," Bernie continued. "They were scheming something down here that they called Project Entra. They have been creating monsters down here and storing them over there," he said, pointing to a large, gaping hole in the wall. There was rubble all around the hole, and the edges had been burned. "That one guy, Yavangel, I think, said that you guys heard explosions. We're pretty sure this is where they came from, and the creatures just poured out through that hole." Bernie flipped through the packet in his hand before continuing.
    "Apparently, the plan was to send all those monsters through a portal they had built and swarm Pioneer 2. Once the whole ship is destroyed, they were going to break out all the weapons in this cache they stored down here," he said, as Eihwaz tore through the weapons storage like it was a wrapped present. "With that many weapons, they could have easily taken over every military installation on Ragol and claimed the whole planet for Black Paper." Bernie sighed, then continued. "I guess it's a good thing you stumbled upon them when you did. They hadn't finished making all the monsters they needed; not by a long shot."
    He chuckled to himself, then said, "Actually, they hadn't even made any delsabers yet, though it looks like they were going to start real soon. They have tons of data collected on how delsabers are made. Apparently, they've been doing more experiments on them than any other species, but I have no idea why." Bernie shrugged, then looked behind him only to jump in surprise. "Oh, no. Oh, no no no."
    Sunblast jumped up and demanded, "What? What is it?"
    Bernie flashed a worried face at Sunblast and said, "It's Joe," he said, referring to the chubby HUmar with a big, white afro. "He's hitting on Chesty Laroo. I'd better put a stop to this."
    "Wait," said Sunblast. "Could you tell me where that Gaulian restaurant is at? You know, that one you and Zero went to?"
    "Oh, umm, sure," he said, obviously anxious to stop Joe before he gets hurt. "I'll send you the coordinates through B-mail. Catch ya later!" As Bernie left the hologram, Sunblast could still here voices in the background.
    "Why so angry, doll?" a male voice said.
    "Hey, don't call me doll!" a squeaky voice replied.
    "Well, you're certainly short enough to be a doll."
    A brief silence occurred, followed by the sounds of photon weapons activating and lots of shouting. Sunblast turned off the wrist unit and got up off of the couch. He took one last look in the mirror, then headed out the door, leaving Tails behind to entertain himself.

Shortly after his encounter with Chesty Laroo, Joe decided to try his luck again. He spied the person left to guard the portal built by Black Paper. That person, named Mriswith, had been put in charge of guarding the portal for the next 100 beats. He was a Force, clad in a long, green dress complete with a headdress, a veil, and an ambiguous sexuality. Joe, covered in cuts, bruises, and broken sunglasses, decided to go for it. He stuck a comb in his hair to cover up the now missing part of his afro, then walked up to the Force.
    "Hey there beautiful, how about coming back to my place when this is all done?" Mriswith gasped in disgust and ran off to find Chesty. "You don't know what you're missing!" Joe called after him. He shook his head and leaned against the wall near the portal, muttering something about Forces.
    A metallic sound coming from the shadows made him jump to attention. He took off his sunglasses and looked in the direction of the sound, but could find nothing. Hearing another sound in a different direction, he turned to check there, but again found nothing.
    "Chesty?" he called out. "Chesty, is that you? I swear, I didn't know she was a friend of yours!" No one responded to him, so he dismissed it. Then, he heard another sound. It came from right above him. He looked up, but saw only darkness. He suddenly went limp as a photon weapon hit him in the back of the head. He dropped, smashing his afro into the floor.
    A dark figure appeared where the hit had originated from. The figure cackled in a distorted voice, then turned to the portal, activating it. As soon as it reached full power, it opened a rift to somewhere onboard Pioneer 2. The dark figure stepped through the portal and left the ruins, making sure to disable the portal on the way out.