Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey there folks. I've been trying to hunt down a few resin kits for pso, and had not much luck.
    Does anyone have any information on where I could grab a set of these gals or any other kits I've overlooked? I'd really like a Fomar or Fomarl kit as well.

http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/4212#EX0694

http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/g...5/04-02-12.htm

Unfortunately, I've seen the action figures go on yahoo Japan auctions go for about $250 for a set.
    Ouch...
    Any place else I can get my paws on them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2004-05-28 12:58 ]</font>
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

I dunno... If you're sufficiently creative, you might start with some stiff, aluminum wire, some clay, and some Plaster of Paris, and just make your own. Odds are, the products at the links you've provided (quite impressive, by the way) were probably hand-made by someone, to be sold on the net, rather than having been mass-produced.

Resin isn't terribly difficult to work with. It's just another form of sculpting; the hard part is working with the clay, I think.

Start with a frame. Usually this is made from a simple piece of wire. If it's going to be a fairly large project, a wire hanger will work rather well.

Build the general design with clay on the wire.

Use some clay-working tools to refine some details.

Cast it in Plaster of Paris.

You can add details to the plaster mold, using clay, if you like.

Follow the instructions that came with your can of Resin to get the color and such that you intend. You'll have to coat the mold with something; I forget what it is, exactly. You'll need to have a nice, smooth surface on it, in any case, so the resin doesn't stick.

Finally, you'll end up pouring the resin in the mold.

After that, it's just getting everything put together and properly painted.

If you dig around the net for a bit, you should be able to find more information on it.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Wrangler of Flying Toasters of DOOM (TM)

I started trying resin molding some costume PSO weapons n such The mold has to be coated with a special comercially made mold release, petroleum jelly, or talcum powder, depending on the type of mold and resin used. Some resins stick to plaster of paris even if you use mold release. But generally a thin, but even, coating of petroleum jelly or other slimy oily stuff will sufice. Try typing "resin molding" into Google.

That second one is awesome. I saw a few pictures of it in a magazine somewhere, but I unfortunately have no idea how to get one.

If you find out, let me know.

Unfortunately, I've seen the action figures go on yahoo Japan auctions go for about $250 for a set.
    Ouch...

I've got 250 bucks to spend. Got the link?

gothic leprechaun

oi, i need to look around the site you found those on...
    stupid japanese...korean...gibberish...wait in fluent in gibberish...whateve rlanguage its in i cant read it! *cries*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: odie2088 on 2004-05-28 20:23 ]</font>

Those are just so cool.

I had no idea either of those items existed, thanks so much for posting them! Wow...I'm more impressed with the super-articulated action-figures then I guess I am with the sculpture yellow one. Getting things to action like that is no easy task...especially with casting/screwing together parts/clip on stuff is involved.

Personally, I do sculpt in both kiln-fire and oven-fire clay...but so far my only two things are a stationary Piccolo and a Kooler, both somewhat large. I wonder how big these figures are? I'd have to say above 10inches...

And look at ALL THOSE weps they made for them, wow...not much a wonder it costs $250, if it comes with all that. I hope more info comes to light on these cool works (and is posted here) Such inspiration...

Edited! I take back the 10 inch bit. Shockingly enough they appear to be (or one does) a whole lot smaller then a hand. Wow, darned impressive, considering over here you've got to get a whopper of a spiderman to get him to articulate like that.

http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/gallery/rei/rei.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2004-05-28 21:59 ]</font>

Oh ma god! I hope they have HUmar ones!

gothic leprechaun

personally i'd like to see hucast AND humar ones...fomar..all of them..*drools more* all that articulation...in sucha tiny figure....*cries* ITS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE!

*Wants one*