Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am an 100% sure that Hacked Mag affect drop rate. I have play PSO over 200 hours before PSOX was hacked and I was getting regular rare drop.

I have went back to PSOX this week and the first room I got into was this level 200 guys who gave me a Dreamcast Mag. Since I have this Mag equip or in the bank, I had no drop beside 1 photon drop. I have currently log over 35 hours this week and play at level Hard and Very Hard. I've done numerous Telepipe trick on Addicting Food quest and didn't get any drop. The worst part is I haven't used the mag at all, only to use some hgih level technique and put it back in the bank.

I'm a Fonewearl Pinkal on NA server.

I've left my Dreamcast mag behind in a room tonight and closed it after. I started another game and I got 2 rare in the first run I did from Forest to Ruin. Might be coincidental but I don't believe so.

ok so you think that by doing nothing with the mag it has affected your drop rate? doesnt make sense to me.

also have you ever heard of luck? and when you say you did the telepipe trick on addicting food....wtf? what do you mean? you didnt see rare enemies, rare enemies didnt drop what you wanted? elaborate

old school fanatic

Not sure about PSOX but for the Game Cube version your statement is only true of PSO Plus.

*sigh*

It's been confirmed that it affects the drop rate on PSO Plus and PSOX. All I'm concerned with is how MUCH it affects the drop rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-16 07:14 ]</font>

On 2004-06-16 04:36, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
    ok so you think that by doing nothing with the mag it has affected your drop rate? doesnt make sense to me.

also have you ever heard of luck? and when you say you did the telepipe trick on addicting food....wtf? what do you mean? you didnt see rare enemies, rare enemies didnt drop what you wanted? elaborate
    I got rid of my hacked mag forever and I started to get rare again. I am a strong believer that by getting rid of my hacked weapon, my drop rate got back to a normal rate %.

On 2004-06-16 07:14, Zinger314 wrote:
    *sigh*

It's been confirmed that it affects the drop rate on PSO Plus and PSOX. All I'm concerned with is how MUCH it affects the drop rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-06-16 07:14 ]</font>
    35hours of gameplay with Hacked Mag= no rare

3 hours last nite with legit mag = 4 rares

draw your own conclusion

You can't draw a conclusion on 1 isolated instance. I'm on GC/EU so I don't have any such effects. Yet I have seen periods of at least 20 hours playtime without a single Red Box dropping.
    What I'm trying to say is, that just 1 person going through what is described doesn't make it proven. You could be the odd one out. If more people have the same experience, it will become more credible.

I'm no statistician, but I think it is safe to say that statistics can never proove anything. Best it can do is make something highly credible. And a single instance doesn't do that.

Only PSO Plus and PSOX has been affected by this problem. I have talk to other PSO player online who became legit and started to have more rare drop. Of course we can't proove with 100% certainty because we are not the developper of the games.

You don't have to be the game developer to prove it. If you disassemble it, you can read it in the code. That's how we know of PSO+... (I think)