Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast

All right, I'm not sure how well this idea will catch on, but here goes.

This thread is dedicated to all things regarding sigs. That means requesting, offering to make, and showing off of sigs.

This way, we can gather all of these sig requests that have been cropping up here in a nice, neat little place for ease of fulfillment, and also have a place to show off your neat sigs when you do get one!

So go ahead, post your requests/offers/boasts for all of PSOW to see. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikosaka on 2003-03-31 11:02 ]</font>

Oooh, hopefully this will catch on. ^_^ I'll give two days, then I'll delete all the other request sig topics. O_o Maybe we can bring order in here. ^_^;

*brings chicken soup to Hikosaka* ^_^;; Get better...

Meow, just showing off and explaining my crazy sig thingy...
    --
    snapplesig.zip contains these files:
    Flash5 sources: sig01.fla, sig02.fla, sig03.fla, sig04.fla, sig05.fla, sig06.fla
    VMU pictures: gcd.gif, pso.gif
    Character stat variable files: sig01.txt, sig02.txt, sig03.txt, sig04.txt
    Visual Basic source to stat maker: psosig.frx, psosig.frm, psosig.vbp, psosig.vbw
    --
    The code that I use in the sig field for PSO-world:
    <EMBED src="http://home.adelphia.net/~scavengera/sig01.swf" menu=false quality=best wmode=transparent WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=175</EMBED>
    --
    So, when a page loads with the sig, this happens (http://home.adelphia.net/~scavengera/ is the root directory):
    sig01.swf preloads, loads variables from sig01.txt, and waits for user input. It's a 12kb flash 4 file, so that it doesn't cause too much trouble for casual forum users. Clicking "cancel" causes the next sigXX.txt to be loaded.
    After OK is clicked, sig02.swf is loaded, replacing sig01.swf entirely. Before this happens, sig01.swf sets a global variable, x, to an integer 1 to 4. 1 being TSFO, 2 being SF, 3 HF, 4 KHF. This x is used to determine which artwork to load [I should also reload the variables at the end of preloading sig02.swf, since some users may cycle too fast for them to properly load... d'oh]
    There are a few patch modes for sig02.swf. Mode1 is christmas snow falling, mode2 is PS music. Right now, mode2 is set, which streams a 100k sig06.swf into level 1 (which is a transparant level that plays above level 0's sig02.swf)
    Clicking in various places can trigger button or tell target events. I'm too used to flash4, nyan, so I haven't adjusted to flash5's dot syntax format of programming. Button events load some goodies, such as artwork and music. Telltarget events change pages of stats, or swap characters.
    Weee, meow, my sources are messy, and I should have more movies in sig02.fla instead of cluttering up the main timeline. Looking at sig02.fla, I should put player 2-4 bars so that character stats can be swapped without having to go back to sig01.fla... but I'm too lazy, nyaaao. Oh well, looking at sources is good for flash beginners, mew.

Now that's what a sig's suppoesed to be!
    Retirement:March 27th, 2002

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TSFO-SnAPPLE on 2001-12-31 01:14 ]</font>

o_O Holy Akiko's Frying Pans, SnAPPLE! ^_^;;;

So complicated...

*sticks with basic pictures* ^_^;;

The Great and Famous

Hey IceBlink, Is my sig alright? you never check your PMs so it would be useless for me to PM you o.O

RURONI KENSHIN!

well ok i guess I may as well show off my 3 characters sigs...

I like my RAcast the best:

Id have a flash sig too but if i did it would be over the limit :/

oh and yeah if you click on my sig it takes you to my new theme song which ive uplaoded to my new "MP3s ONLY" server

On 2001-12-31 06:39, ITO wrote:
    Hey IceBlink, Is my sig alright? you never check your PMs so it would be useless for me to PM you o.O
    ... It's okay. C'mon, you know the sig limits! But just in case some people don't, it's

600 pixels across
    180 pixels vertical
    35K large (as in, max of 35,000 bytes, not 35,848 bytes - yes, I'm picky and non-technical)

So. O_O Please stick to the sig limits.

I would like to finish my sig but I need a pic of a certain catgirl before I can finish it.

Hiko: *nudge nudge wink wink* :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Her chest is a cat, too.

The Great and Famous

On 2001-12-31 07:14, IceBlink wrote:
    On 2001-12-31 06:39, ITO wrote:
    ... It's okay. C'mon, you know the sig limits!
    Umm, I was just making sure o.O

*noticed IceBlink is not in a good mood right now* ... ::walks back slowly::

Peace! I am out... o.o

PSO Assassin

i need a sig, if anyone wants to make me one. im a midget greenish/bluish RAcast with the big flat head. thanks.