Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for PSOW

On 2002-03-17 18:09, Crawurm wrote:
    On 2002-03-17 07:18, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
    Ok, MEMBER PERKS! Whomever donates say $10 a year through PayPal should get extra board/site stuff. You know, Custom Avitars, CUSTOM TITLES, Different Text on Custom titles, PSO movies, ect ect. I think that would be a REAL good idea. I also like the custom title thingy someone suggested. After enough posts, you should be able to change it. That's all I can think of @ the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-03-17 11:18 ]</font>

I think thats a very bad idea, I've been to a forum that you had to pay for anything speical;cosutom avatars,speical board abilities heck even being a moderator for all the boards.(that one led to chaos, a lot of jerk like people payed for that and started using the ability to move topic's around that should not have been moved and it caused major flames and huge fights, and surprisingly they still have people go there....)
    ......I didn't say anything about being a mod........and they already said we couldn't have custom avitars, so why pay for them......I didn't say it had to be a necesity to pay for EVERYTHING on the board, just small extras.....

yea i know that, but i'm saying mostly about the other site i used to goto. Paying for speical stuff can be good and it can be bad.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

This is chaos! Chaos I say!

So I'm gonna go to sleep. Wake me up when you make any changes...zzzzz....

On 2002-03-17 15:13, gypsy wrote:
    Fire that bum Casty!
    I read that totally wrong...

Then spent 5 minutes laughing when I realised.
    I guess you read that with the English meaning of 'bum' in mind...

What did he actually mean anyway?

Can you make it so that when a post is deleted, it doesn't make the post count go down? It's really annoying when one day I have a bunch, and then the next I have like 20 less. Also, if you did that, you could delete a lot of those older threads that nobody looks at.

Or is there a way you could just archive the last 200 pages or so of threads? Just a thought.

On 2002-03-18 10:13, Meteor wrote:
    On 2002-03-17 15:13, gypsy wrote:
    Fire that bum Casty!
    I read that totally wrong...

Then spent 5 minutes laughing when I realised.
    I guess you read that with the English meaning of 'bum' in mind...

What did he actually mean anyway?
    It was a joke, he was being sarcastic!

On 2002-03-18 14:49, rbf2000 wrote:
    Can you make it so that when a post is deleted, it doesn't make the post count go down? It's really annoying when one day I have a bunch, and then the next I have like 20 less. Also, if you did that, you could delete a lot of those older threads that nobody looks at.

Or is there a way you could just archive the last 200 pages or so of threads? Just a thought.
    yea if that happend I'm sure the site would be a bit faster with less pages in it and if anyone wanted to relive lost memories it could be archive'd for viewing only...

*agrees with rbf2000*

I Dream Of Sleep

Yeah, archive all the old threads. Its really wierd going to the bottom of general and seeing like nearly 300 hundred pages.

On 2002-03-18 14:49, rbf2000 wrote:

That's just silly. It counts the number of posts/topics in real time, why would you want it to lie and basically be saying "We've had THIS many posts ever posted on PSOW, even the crap, or the spam, or the floods, or the mistakes".

No no no.. that just won't due!

I'm not a forum techie but I've heard of a pruning function some forums use; it basically wipes off anything posted before such-and-such date.

The trick would be to not bring the post count down when doing a prune, but to do it when deleting some specific thread. There ya go; spams and free-posts taken care of, the post count still up for the user to enjoy!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."