Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

hey hey. this is the first chapter of my fanfic about Farylla. i have 3 chapters so far, so i'll release em every other day and write more in between. also, i'll basically only continue to post updates if ppl like the story. here goes:

Warrior of the Light - Farylla's Continuing Journey

Eyes closed, she stepped out onto the cool grass. The wind swept a piece of sand coloured hair out of her face as she slowly began to open her eyes. She breathed in deeply, and started to exhale. As she exhaled, she opened her eyes to the world around her, and began to do what she had been training for. She crouched down, and grasped the sphere at her belt. She stood up quickly and fiercely, hurling the ball into the air as hard as she could. She tore her Buster from the holster at her side, flicking the switch and watching as the blade crackled into existence just as the Training Ball sputtered to life and unloaded it's first shot at her. She swung hard, deflecting the white hot round back at the hovering ball. It flew around, ducking and weaving around Farylla, all the while blasting it's searing rays of compressed thunder in her direction. The tiny HUnewearl's stamina was remarkable. She spun and flipped, swinging and stabbing her blade at the Training Ball's shots. The acrobatics she was performing in the field paled in comparison to how much closer the deflected rays were getting to the ball as every second passed. She stumbled a bit... hardly noticeable, but still enough to cause a horrible glitch in her plan. The ball fired just as she was recovering from her error, and the round hit the handle of her saber. The shiny metallic cylinder was blown completely apart as the glowing pink blade disappeared. Farylla wasn't worried; she continued with her mind blowing speed, dodging every single shot the ball threw at her. At the last second before it was all over, Farylla stopped and stood, hands raised as if to catch the burning rounds of the ball. Just before the ball could once more unleash it's fury, she concentrated and fired off a blast of Gibarta. Hundreds of shards of ice instantly exploded from the palms of her hands, freezing the infernal Training Ball on contact. At long last it was over. The ball fell helplessly from the air as Farylla spun and kicked, shattering it into oblivion. Cheers rose up from all directions, and Farylla had to hold her hands over her long ears as she received her standing ovation. A metallic voice cracked across the warm air: "It's OVER folks! Farylla has won!" Farylla stood, barely surprised that she had succeeded. She gazed around the stadium, and saw the bright orange hair of her mother, Delphinus. She ran over to her mother with more speed that she had demonstrated throughout her entire performance. She hugged her mother,
    "I did it mom!"
    "I know dear, congratulations!"
    Far away from the festivities, a small FOnewearl sat alone in front of a glowing blue monitor. "So, you're the one who the Hunters revere.... ha ha ha, we shall see..." She waved a tiny hand over the monitor and it switched off. She then wailed "Golem! The Hunter's Guild.... now!!"
    The crowd was still cheering, but that soon stopped, as a gigantic steel ball dropped from the sky. It hit the ground with a tremendous force, sending a shockwave through the ground that almost destabilized the grand stands. Farylla took the Gae Bolg that was strapped to her mother's back..
    "Sorry mom, looks like I'm gonna be needing this..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2003-07-12 17:57 ]</font>

*bump*

if anyone's actually reading this, new update's gonna be up tomorrow prolly. If you wanna be in the story later, there are "positions" available that you can be put in. so, PM me if u wanna be in the fic

Nice! More I say! More!

Well everyone, (or maybe it's just WC reading my fic lol) heres the second chapter!
    ---------------------------------------------

Farylla stepped forward and stared up at the behemoth before her. She could hardly believe her eyes. What was it? Where did it come from? These were the questions which plagued her mind. She was startled as a large crack began to appear down the front of the ball. It soon sprouted large legs, as thick as ten tree trunks, and arms even thicker. The beast had a face, silver like the rest of it's body, which housed two gigantic glowing red eyes.
    Not since she'd helped to destroy Dark Falz had Farylla been so afraid and unsure of the battle to come. This monster was much larger... not quite as horrifying in appearance, but much bigger nonetheless. Farylla shook away the feelings of fear which resided in her heart and matched the goliath's forward movement. The two walked towards each other, hero and villain, as though it was predestined. "Ragol has been colonized for more than a year now; I'll not let YOU destroy that!!" her tiny voice boomed across the stadium of the new Ragol Hunter's Guild. The two stopped. Farylla looked up to see the monstrosity looking down upon her with its evil eyes. She became angry, and leaped forward. She bursted forward with tremendous force, and climbed up the thing's leg. She continued upward until she was upon it's face. For her tiny size, she had scaled the mountainous beast quite quickly.
    She swung the Gae Bolg with all of her might, dealing a small scratch to the face of her enemy. "Dammit!" she said aloud as she moved out of the way of a gigantic swinging hand.
    "How the hell am I supposed to defeat you?!?!"
    The monster looked angrier.....
    "Fa........ry...lla!!" a far-away voice yelled. "Mom?! Get out of here! I've got this!" Farylla replied.
    Delphinus was the only hunter still in the stadium. She cupped her hands over her mouth and once again called to her offspring.
    "My weapon isn't strong enough!! Get YOURS!!"
    Farylla looked once more at the monster's face and knew her mother was right. She dodged again as the beast tried to swing at her. She strapped the Gae Bolg to her back and jumped. As she fell from the dizzying height, she looked down at her mother..... and made eye contact. The two looked at each other, then away, as they closed their eyes and crossed their hands over their chests. The two Hunewearls, mother and daughter were instantly linked by a huge blue beam that flowed between them. It was a technique they had developed on their own in their spare time, Giryuker.
    Farylla was teleported to the ground next to her mother. After she was on the ground, she used the technique to teleport her mother to safety. Farylla was shrouded in darkness. "Oh no, what now......" she muttered to herself as she turned around and looked upwards. She was standing in the shadow of a gargantuan foot. She ran like hell and got out of the way in time. She once again used this speed to run to the check room in the Hunter's Guild. She jumped over the counter and took the keys for her locker out of her pocket. She fumbled the keys put then guided them to the correct keyhole, locker #006. She plunged her hand into the null space where items were held in the tiny lockers. She grabbed the orange NullSpace box that held her most prized weapon, and pressed the release button on the side. The box opened, and Farylla dumped her Imperial Pick onto the floor. She discarded the empty box into her locker, closed the door, locked it, pocketed the key, and took up her weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2002-03-13 14:54 ]</font>

god dammit looks like nobody's reading my fic

. next chapter is up tomorrow if anyone is even reading this

okay ppl start posting what you think of this frikkin fic!!

By the time she was back in the field, the monster had destroyed the announcer's tower, and some of the grand stands. She fired off a Grants blast at the back of it's head, "Hey! Eat that!".
    The monster, undamaged but annoyed, turned around. "Hmm, not hungry huh? Well then, lets see what we can do about that....." She held the base of her pick with both hands, as though it were a saber, or a baseball bat. She ran towards her foe and jumped with mind bending speed. The blade at the end of her pick planted itself in the mid-section of the behemoth. Rays of light shot out as the monster groaned.
    "Unnnnnnngh" The sound exploded over the landscape like a thousand atomic bombs. Startled, Farylla continued. Holding the handle of her weapon, she vaulted off the left leg of the goliath and tore a great gash, a chasm, into the gut of her enemy. Both light and darkness spewed from the canyon that was now formed in the beast's stomach. Smaller monsters fell to the ground and were destroyed upon impact. Farylla unhooked her Imperial Pick from the innards of her enemy and slid down it's leg to the ground. She ran out of the way as the thing fell over. It crumbled into the ground, and the remains soon disappeared. Farylla ran towards the large puddle to see what was happening. The pool of evil seeped into the ground and was gone.... but something caught Farylla's eye. Spinning on the ground in the middle of the now dried up puddle was a medallion. As soon as Farylla stepped closer it slowed down and fell to the ground, revealing a symbol.
    "Steel Golem - Minion Of Descestis" were the words printed in a circle around the face of a very evil looking Fonewearl. Farylla pocketed the medallion.

"Over the many years since the Hunter's Guild's inception...." started Principal Tyrell "we have seen many bright and shining stars, warriors, and of course, heroes. Today we honour one such hero." Farylla was standing behind the Principal, who was at a large oak podium. When he spoke of her as a hero, she began to blush.
    "Farylla? Would you step forward please?"
    Tyrell motioned his hand for her to step up to the podium. She stood next to the large man and looked over the crowd. There were so many people there! It looked like there were thousands.. perhaps tens of thousands of people in the crowd.
    "Not since Rico...." the Principal paused for a moment. He bowed his head for a moment, but then recuperated.
    "Sorry everyone... allow me to continue. Not since Rico have I been graced with the presence of such a fine warrior. This young girl has demonstrated talent, skill, and great ability. She has the potential to be one of the finest warriors in our history."
    Farylla began to blush more. "That's not true... I was only doing what was right..." were the words that flitted across the front of her mind.
    "For these heroics, Farylla, we present you with your new companion."
    The Principal held out a small data-pad and withdrew a small whistle from the top. He brought it to his lips and blew, letting out a low pitched, ominous sound. At once, the crowd was lit up, as a pair of white, glowing wings flew their way up and over the wall behind Tyrell. Farylla knew what this was. She could not believe it.
    "And now Farylla, an angel gets her wings."
    The Angel's Wing mag floated down and took rest in the air behind Farylla's shoulders.
    "I.. I... thank you!" Farylla spat out. She felt dumb for not knowing what to say, but she was honoured. The Angel's Wing mag is a prestigious MAG that is said to have been forged behind the gates of Heaven itself. As soon as the MAG came to rest behind Farylla's shoulders, she instantly felt the immense power of the Light course through her body. She was filled with nothing but positive emotions, and her heart felt as though it was never going to be unsettled again. Happiness was the only emotion she now knew.
    "I'm honoured to have received this MAG. Thank you everyone for your support, and especially you, mom." Delphinus, who was already smiling, smiled even wider.

okay everyone here's the 5th chapter. sorry for the delay i never had enough time to post before.
    --------------------------------------------

Farylla sat at home, as she always did on Saturday mornings. She reached into her pocket to pull out the coin that she thought was fumbling around in there. She pulled out the medallion. She had completely forgotten about it. She turned the medallion around, away from the side she had seen already - "Steel Golem - Minion of Descestis". She flipped it over to reveal the symbol of the Section ID, Pinkal. "Huh? Pinkal?! What's that doing there??"
    She got up off of the sofa she was laying on and walked to the next room, where Delphinus sat, perched on a stool, reading from a datapad. As Farylla approached, she noticed the title "Ragol Times" and the first headline "Local hero awarded wings of an angel".
    "Hey mom, what's this?" Farylla said as she handed the medallion over to her mother, who's orange hair was in disarray from just waking up. Delphinus looked indifferent, and then surprised.
    "Where the hell did you get this?" asked the startled Hunewearl.
    "That monster.. err.." Farylla pointed to the words on the medallion as though to underline them for her mother "Steel Golem dropped it when I killed him."
    "Well it says here that it's a minion of Descestis!!"
    "Uh, yeah, so what mom?" Farylla was confused.
    "So what?! Don't you know who Descestis is?" Delphinus seemed angry now, but Farylla knew that she was just a little flustered.
    "The name seemed familiar when I grabbed the medallion, but at the moment I can't remember what was so familiar about it."
    Delphinus got up from the table and began to pace. "This isn't good, this isn't good at all" she repeated.
    "What?" Farylla pleaded. Delphinus looked at her. "Descestis is... hmm... a force gone wrong I suppose you could say." Farylla chuckled... a force.. ha ha. A force is powerful, but not that powerful, she thought.
    "Do you remember the day you helped to destroy Dark Falz? Do you remember how many hunters were there with you?" Delphinus asked.
    "Of course I remember that day... god, I'm scarred for life after that! All I remember about the number of hunters is that there were a lot. The Hunter's Guild wasn't taking any chances after..." Farylla paused........

well here's chapter 6
    --------------------------------------------

Farylla and her mother both looked sad as they stood facing each other. Their conversation suddenly didn't matter, as memories of the hole in their lives paralyzed them where they stood. When Dark Falz was defeated, it was the second attempt that the Guild had taken. The first attempt was a failure, and involved only 4 hunters. 2 of these hunters were Delphinus, and her husband, the father of Farylla, Brad. As soon as the party entered Falz's lair, the two hunters that had come with Brad and Delphinus were vaporized by Falz's Divine Punishment attack. The beams of light that cascaded down from the skies burned the hunters alive. Delphinus and Brad barely escaped that, the first of Dark Falz's horrifying assault upon them. Attack after attack, Brad and Delphinus pressed on. They proceeded to destroy the base of the large creature, but this was not enough. Now Dark Falz merely transformed and floated around them.
    "Brad, help me! We need to attack the orb where his base used to be!"
    "I'm on it" Brad said without emotion.
    The two of them ran towards their enemy. They both withdrew the most powerful of their weapons..... some Spread Needles that they had acquired illegally from Pioneer 2's black market of weaponry. They had been modified to be more photonically efficient than any other weapon ever made. They were outlawed weapons, however Delphinus and Brad disregarded this. They began to fire away countless yellow needles. They both stood, reckless, stationary in front of Dark Falz, blasting away, assuming he was no match for their powerful weapons.
    They were wrong.
    The angered Falz had taken heavy damage, but he still remained resilient. He lifted his massive arms and began to fire a combination of Rafoie and Rabarta. Delphinus, luckily for her, had an attribute plate on, as well as a state/maintenance inserted into the data socket of the attribute plate. Because of this, she was fine. She took little fire damage, and was not frozen at all. Brad, however, was not so lucky. He was frozen solid by the time Delphinus had turned around to see if he was alright.
    "Nooo!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran towards him. She tried to get within close enough range to cast Anti on her beloved..... but it was too late. Falz's gigantic arm came crashing down upon the poor Humar, and Delphinus watched in horror as the one she had loved for so long perished before her eyes. She was instantly filled with rage. An anger that was so unbecoming of her. She channeled all of her anger into the pit of her stomach, and then forced it into the palms of her hands. After her hands were aglow with burning anger, she grabbed the saber that she had as an emergency weapon at her belt.
    "Now..... you will pay.." she said in a quiet, rage-filled tone as she grasped the saber with both hands and squeezed the button to ignite the blade. A beam of purple hatred shot from the opening of the handle and formed into a long, thin, sharp purple blade. She then further channeled her anger through the rest of her body and ran towards Falz at a blinding speed. She jumped and swung the blade with all of the power she could put into one swipe. Instantly, a wave of purple energy flew from the blade of her weapon. The wave that resulted flew through the air at Falz, cutting the arm that was swinging at Delphinus clean off. Delphinus, still flying towards Falz at tremendous speed, plunged her blade into the gut of the beast, and it was gone. Her weapon was gone. It had been sucked into the abdomen of her massive enemy.
    The only word that could escape her mouth was "No........." just before she was sent flying towards the ground. She landed behind a large rock, and Falz had assumed that she was destroyed, so he went back into hiding. The souls of the 3 dead hunters were absorbed into the landscape as it turned back into a peaceful meadow. Delphinus lay, unconscious, behind the large rock at the rear of the meadow.... unknowingly awaiting her rescuer.

well heres the 7th chapter. It's a little short.. but so is Farylla

-------------------------------------------

Farylla began to cry. Her mother took her in her arms and held her.
    "Come now, Farylla... I'm here... I thank God every day that you were strong enough to come and rescue me that day that you defeated Falz. We mustn't dwell on such things from our past. Br... Brad is gone, and I've learned to deal with that."
    "I.." Farylla wiped the tears away from her eyes. "I suppose you're right.."
    "Yes... Now then, we must get back to the matter at hand. There were a lot of hunters sent to fight Falz that day that you went, weren't there?" continued Delphinus.
    "Well, yes, hundreds of us." Farylla answered. She thought back, and continued, "there were so many of us... and so few that survived the whole battle. I was in the second squadron to go. It was Redria and Pinkal in the second assault"
    "Yes, it's good you remember this."
    "Why is that? I mean, I know we were the ones who defeated him, but... you seem as though there's something else.. something you've hidden from me..." Farylla peered at her mother through accusing eyes as she said this.
    "Well, there is.." Delphinus sat back down at her stool. "I know that there were a lot of Forces in the Pinkal faction, am I right?"
    "Yes... continue.." Farylla could almost see where this was going.
    "Well, when you defeated Falz, and there were hardly any of you left, only a small few of the Forces remained. One of these forces was.."
    "Descestis..." Farylla said, cutting her mother off. "She, and some other Forces stayed behind after the battle. I just assumed they were using their powers to clean up the mess..."
    "Yes, they probably were... but do you remember how many of those Forces came back after the "clean up"?" Delphinus prodded Farylla with the question.
    "Oh God..." Farylla felt sick. Only one force had come back. It had been a FOmarl, in a state of shock, mumbling gibberish. Everyone in the Guild just assumed she had gotten drunk again and was stumbling back to the Guild after a celebration of some sort. Farylla began to move towards the front door of their apartment.
    "Where are you going Farylla?" Delphinus was very concerned.
    "I've got to go talk to her! I've got to go talk to Aviendah!!!"