Clouds.

White clouds.

Sun.

Bright white sun.

Blue. White. Good colors.

Hell. Red. Fire. Burn.

Burn...

I cannot help it. I want home.

They all turned at me. All those lives. Uno in particular.

Uno was the first life. It was the creator of the Endless Song. The disc of imagination, dreams, power, and amazement. It looked like something, spoke like someone... My personal nickname for it was Uno. We all respected Uno.

I had been feeling rather odd these past moments. I had been watching from a distance all these happenings to my friends. I was disturbed.

The Twisted Song has warped you, one life said.

My mind went blank, drops of sweat covered my face. I fell to my knees on my little cloud, and cried. O, how I cried.

I wiped my tears, and hid myself behind my hair. Stealthily, I peered at the world down below. My friends. My very dear friends.

And me, up here. So comfortable on my little cloud in my little world.

I want them here. They are good people.

Uno stared at me. The being shook its head.

I say we rather close it up, he stated. I say that we turn our backs to the world, and call the game a statlemate. Both kings cannot move, and both queens have been eaten. We are both helpless. It would be useless to lose any more souls.

But what about them? Those down below? They saved my life... They saved our little secret... They saved our world.

How?

By making a difference in their own world. They are on our side.

Uno retreated. I had won the argument.

I neatly backflipped down onto the world. I landed on the flower path, and carefully sat down among them. I began tapping my foot to find myself a beat, and then searched the world to find them.

One.

Two.

And... Three. My mind extended to all of them at once. I tied the bonds together, and began telling them, no matter what they were doing.

My friends. Severance Seven. Mortimer Kirk. Lara Blackhawk.

To the attention of you all... I have come back for a tiny fraction of time, to tell you of something wonderful.

I - we - have all seen you defend the Endless Song, and you have suffered through lifetimes worth of warth and pain.

But now, you all know our little secret. What the Endless Song is, what happened to it, and how it can be used. The bad news is that what you know is true... The good news is that this is not all of the truth you know.

The Endless Song was sung first by something I came to nickname Uno. Uno had a vivid imagination. All the time, it would think about characters, places, fantastic realms where the physics are limitless and changed, where the chemistry of the world is taken to a new and strange level, where events beyond the understanding of language could happen once every second. Uno thought so much about it, that it became this world. Uno encompassed the Endless Song into itself. Many mistook it as suddenly autistic, but it was because it did not need to talk to anyone anymore. Uno was perfectly in ease with its new and perfect world, with everyone happy, and Uno doing amazing things in the real world, without noticing it too much. Uno did it simply by fun. And it amazed people.

And when Uno died, it cut a little piece of Heaven and brought it into a nice, comfortable little spot for itself to be alone again. But when he died, the Song died as well... because no one could experience its effects anymore. So Uno recorded the Song on a disc, and sent it back into your world, to someone who would know how to appreciate it.

But, as soon as the Song hit its second life, it was discovered by Master, a relative of Uno. We did not know the name of master, nor his relation to Uno. Uncle? Cousin? Son? We do not keep information about those who want to hurt us, because we are not interested about them.

Master stole the disc from its owner, and copied it for himself. What he had all along was an imperfect, burned disc. The sadness of early technology. With this new copy, Master could do everything Uno could, and used his knowledge of his newfound powers to extend his life. Whenever his body would get old, he would steal a new one, and use it.

The first soul, a ball of problems for Master's first attempt. In the fury of the capture, the soul stole the original Endless Song, and flew away with it. As soon as it was away, the soul peered at the odd patterns drawn by Uno, and began listening to it. Seeing that person to be a good one, Uno created a body for that person to use.

That person used the Endless Song for good. He sang some new parts to it, and whenever Master would steal a body, Uno would grant the Engless Song to that soul, and tell that soul "You have been stolen of your rightful body. Please accept my donation, and use your newfound power for the good of the people and yourself."

The Song went on, from life to life, embedded into each soul.

Then came me. I was born out of two newmen: Gregory and Helene Nainsev. Their short life span made it that I was born before Master had found a new body. He was still in a young one at the time, but in a clash, killed the owner of the Endless Song. The disc spinned away, never to be seen by him again.

The disc was found by my parents. They had no disc player, and thus the Song stayed unused...

As I was born, and brought to my home, the disc was the first thing that I saw. It looked so beautiful, with its patterns, its perfect circle. I picked it up. It merged with me. Like the souls, my brain became a disc player and writer, listening to bits of the Song, writing new ones describing my life, what I saw, what I could imagine.

In the meantime, Master had been experimenting with the Twisted Song. He created copy after copy. Some survived, some were snapped, some incinerated, some never to be seen again. What Mortimer had shot was one of those copies. What Severance Seven had shot was, too, one of those copies. The first one, in fact. You two had erased the last of the Twisted Song. The world is now safe.

You now know the possibilities of the Endless Song. I am sorry for being so selfish, and never sharing it with you...

I waited for an answer. Before I could hear anything, I saw a cheery face pop in front of my eyes. It was the sixty-fourth life. She handed me a disc, which I peered at... It changed colors, whirling and dancing colors. It was beautiful.

She opened her mind for a few moments, and let me in. What I saw was truly beautiful. Circles, triangles, shapes danced in front of her eyes. Letters and numbers were colors, feelings could be tasted. Sounds could be seen. Music could be touched.

Why didn't she let anyone else know before?

Because, she answered, I thought all along this was the normal way to view things.

What a concept!

She was gone.

My friends. Please come and see me, on the flower path. I have an incredible feeling to give to all of you.

I waited for them, comfortably bundled up within my hair...
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

Oh, good one, Kodi. OK...here's Lara.
    ---------------------------------------------

It was early in the afternoon as Lara BlackHawk had decided to take her new child,Sera, for a walk in the flower path she walked with Rhiana, so many years before. Just to be safe, the HUnewearl had carried a red handgun with her, and a red saber at her side.

She doesn't know why she decided to take this walk today, but it just felt right. She and her husband were not long before retiring from the Hunter's Guild, and letting Jessica and Rhiana continue on in their stead.

Sera seemed to enjoy these walks with her mother. She always did have this smile about her when they were out here on the flower path. When she was born, Rhiana told Lara that she coud sense a strong tech ability in Sera, and promised to teach her the way of a force when she was old enough.

Jessie, on the other hand, usually teamed up on quests with her sister, and the two androids, Galveris and Maya. They were out on a mission today. It was too quiet at home, with Mike out taking care of other business, so Lara was out here on the flower path.

That's it for me for now

later.

M_BlackHawk

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

That's right, it's the return of my bad spelling....

------------------------------

"Are you even going to do something? Don't you even care!" she screemed in my face.

"Of course I do!" I yelled back, "it's just that a job like this one takes time!"

"Time? Time! You've had a week! For all you know these theives could come back to my house and hurt me!"

"Settle down now," I said, "the thing is I've been trying to trake these guys down and I haven't found anything. Even still, I doubt they'll hit your place again. If you are in trouble call my number and I'll be there in a jiffy." I handed her my card with a smile.

"Well...ok...thank you anyway," she said. Then she left.

I slumped back in my chair and gave a sigh. My mercinary work was going great, a little too great. I got the most pointless jobs in the world. But then again during all the time I've been open I've gotten enough mesta to get by and some extra to go out and have some fun. I guess I can't complain.

What I basicly did was turn my appartment into an office. It was a nice little place.

I went out back and fell on the bed. My head was throbing like crazy!

The phone rang. "It let it ring," I thought, "I don't want another call today." The mechien picked it up.

"Hey Mort! It's Oliva. Just wanted to make sure our date is still on tonight. I know you got lot's of work to do at the office so cal me if you got the time."

"Oh great!" I said to myself, "another thing I have to think about." Oliva and I just started going out. She was a great person, but at that moment all I wanted to do was sleep. Maybe try to zone out al my problemes.

My friends. Severance Seven. Mortimer Kirk. Lara Blackhawk.

"AH!" I jumped out of bed. I thought I was going crazy.

To the attention of you all... I have come back for a tiny fraction of time, to tell you of something wonderful.

I couldn't believe it! I was hearing her voice inside my head. I listened to what she said silently.

When I was sure she finished I walked over to the door and stormed out. One of my employers was there.

"Oh Mr. Kirk. Am I glad you're here!"

"Talk too me later. I have to go out."

"But sir..."

"Later!" I said.

The flower patch...could she really be back?

The flowers were starting to bloom again.

Plants seem to engineer their own resurrection. They die, but only with the promise of returning stronger, brighter, and more beautiful. There are none that are alone for long; even the loneliest flower soon makes its own company within a season.

If I had a choice, I'd like to be a flower in my next life.

I took my shears and clipped a few dead leaves off of a potted plant, one of many that lived in the small room I used as a miniature garden. It was warm; the sun was streaming through the high window on the main wall. The piece of sky in the window was a perfect eggshell blue, streaked occasionally with short-lived contrails left behind by transports, moving busily from one place to another.

There was a sound behind me, but I didn't turn around. I knew who it was already. The turquoise mark on my left forearm started to pulse with a soft light as the Mag got near.

"What's wrong, BWS-1?" I said.

I turned around to look at the Mag as it floated uneasily at the door. It had fully evolved into a spiky, purple shelled Madhu. Yet, there was something not quite right with the color of his single glowing "eye"; usually Mags take on the color of their masters, but this one glowed a bluish-green, the same color of the mark on my arm.

It was to be expected. To describe this Mag as unusual would have been an understatement.

I opened my mouth to speak again, but -

'My friends. Severance Seven. Mortimer Kirk. Lara Blackhawk.

To the attention of you all... I have come back for a tiny fraction of time, to tell you of something wonderful....'

That voice! But, she died a long time ago...didn't she?

I stood motionless as I listened to her speak, telling the story of the Endless Song, filling in the gaps and answering questions I didn't even know I had. The voice faded softly away as she finished, leaving me to sit in the quiet of my garden once again.

"Zinackst," I murmured.

I stepped out of my garden room and looked for BWS-1. I found him floating beside the main door, waiting. His turquoise eye flashed at me impatiently as I quickly grabbed a handgun and donned some armor. Though most of Ragol had long since been tamed, there were still a chance of danger in the deep forest.

"Let's get going. The others are probably waiting already," I said to the Mag, who merely flew past me, leaving me to follow as he made a beeline toward the transport rental station.

The transport ride was uneventful. There were few hunters working the forests these days, so the skyway to it was practically deserted, leaving me to drive as fast as I wished. Though it was much slower than a telepipe, I preferred driving; it gave me time to think.

I landed the transport a short distance away, then stepped out into the forest again, and got back onto the Flower Path, where everything began.

Welcome back, Hiko, Moo. Let's make this chapter as great as the first TFFOMP, and Reunions.
    Lara continued to walk along her usual path in the flower field of the forest. She had been here numerous times, but no time had ever had this distinct of an effect on her.

"Sera," she says to the infant in her arms, "I don't think we're alone. But that voice sounded so much like Zinackst. She's been dead for years." The HUnewearl then begins to hear footsteps along the flower path. She turns around to spot Severence 7 coming up behind her, and Mortimer to her side.

"Did you two hear that explanation of the Endless Song, too?" she asks of the two rangers, "I could have sworn that was Zinackst's voice."
    That's it for me for now.

Later

M_BlackHawk

Great to be back. ^_^
    -----------------------------------------------------

"Did you two hear that explanation of the Endless Song, too? I could have sworn that was Zinackst's voice."

I looked to see Lara standing a short distance ahead of me, the path seeming to have branched. I waved, quickening my pace until I reached her. I could see Mortimer off to the side and waved him over.

"Yeah, that's why I'm here. It sounded a lot like Zinackst, but if it is her or not, I'd just like to know what's going on," I replied.

I noticed the infant in Lara's arms, and I stepped back a little. Babies make me nervous for some reason.

"Is this your child?" I asked, autoscanning the small being, "What's her name?"

It is great to be RPing another fic, isn't it?
    Lara looks to Severence. "Yes," she replies, "She was born just a few weeks ago. Her name is Sera. Sera LeighAnn BlackHawk. I bring her for a walk around the flower path regularly, just like I did for Rhiana when she was still small. It got a bit too quiet at home today, so I brought Sera out here." Her face then takes on a more serious look. "However, who besides Zinackst would know so much about the Endless Song, and about Master," she thinks out loud, "Let's continue on, and find out what's happening."

Just a quickie note; as I was formatting some fic, it hit me that non PSO-ers might read the stuff. So I took care to filter out PSO terms as much as possible, such as class names, techs, and some rare weapon names. So Severance's Varista is now known as "Varista handgun" and Lara's Gae Bolg known as "partisan", etc. I advise you do the same thing as you post. It will make it much easier to edit afterwards. M_Blackhawk, good luck in proofchecking all that fic you people did! I usually have to re-read a page 4 or 5 times to find all the mistakes and make sure the text is perfect.

Also, I uploaded new parts to the fic. Not all images are linked though; I will do the ones I know by heart, then insert the rest. Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabar...p/tffomp1.html

You may safely surf until page 5 inclusively. Page 6 and following don't exist yet.

I could hear some people talking just beyond the small bump in the path. I recognized their voices and soul.

I had no clothes on; they were in my coffin...

I stood up, ready to meet them. My ears were pierced by rings. From these, a small chain ended in a hook to hold a disc on each side, as fancy earrings. They felt a tad uncomfortable, but the pressure would relieve later.

The people seemed to have stop. I took advantage of this moment of peace to dress myself up with some more precision. I loosened the toga of hair covering my body, and let it fall to a free state. Then, I moved the strands into different directions, playing with the shades, until I was into my most presentable formal dress of hair. Some complex straps went over my shoulders and around my neck. My arms were bare, but my entire torso was covered. The arrangement was tight into a swimsuit pattern, to then fan out in the usual ripples.

I then picked up several flowers, most of them dark blue and white, and lifted up the rest of my hair. I made a basket shape, and dropped the flowers in it. Then, my hair madly turned around and over to catch all the flowers, tying a knot around each of them, fastening them in place. Once I felt all the flowers would remain still, I stopped the movement, and let the rest my hair tie itself into my usual, favorite style; the lower half freely hanging down to my knees, and the upper half neatly tied into a ponytail, which immediately fanned out again to seem to merge with the rest. As a plus, it covered the hair on my back which was used to link to the robe.

Seeing no mirror, I attempted a neat trick. I felt my mind compressing into a tight ball at the back of my head. And then in one short moment, it shot through my forehead, turned around to peek at myself, and then back into my body. I had had just enough time to see myself enough, and conclude that everything was perfect to the last hair.

Now comfortable within myself, I turned to face the origin of the voices, and stopped moving, a tiny welcoming smile upon my face.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

"Let's continue on and find out what's happening," said Lara.

I have been unusualy quite. I didn't even say hello or a comforting waves or anything. I was getting curious.

"To tell the truth I almost forgot how to get to this place. It hasn't seemed like it, but it's been a long time." Maybe a little too long...

I let out a sigh, "Why are we even here? Do any of you know? Did all of you happen to hear a little voice inside your head, or am I just going crazy?"

A russel in the bushes near by. I put my hand infront of the pack, "Hold up. Something's there." Slowly I prepared my Varista handgun (the only weapon I had on me at the time) and pointed it at the bushes.

And then there she was. I lowered my gun in amazment. A sort silence.Finally I spoke.

"Zinackst...Ha! It is you!" I said with a smile with quickly turned into a laugh, "I can't believe it! Zinackst, back from the dead..." a few tears overcame my eyes, but being who I am I quickly rubbed them away, not wanted to show my emotions.

Hehe! Fun! ^_^

Oh,I plan on taking an entire day to work on the page for Reunions. That should make it interesting. ^_^
    Lara stopped in her tracks upon seeing Zinackst. A smile came to her face and a few tears welled up in her eyes.

"It's great to see you again, Zinackst," the hunter says, "So you are alive again."

Sera reaches out toward Zinackst, smiling and laughing.
    later

M_BlackHawk