Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

On 2004-06-04 04:48, OrigionalDestiny wrote:
    Hey this is Fantasy eve, the rankings have been updated now and you can see how people are doing after the second day.

- NOBUchan xxxxxxxx87 16100
    - Rutia xxxxxxxx58 15100
    - Yuffie xxxxxxxx79 12900
    - Rain xxxxxxxx94 12900
    ?? Billie Joe xxxxxxxx43 12700
    ?? Fantasy eve xxxxxxxx73 12600
    ?? Nei 4th xxxxxxxx15 12200
    ?? HEATHCLIFF=F xxxxxxxx08 12200
    ?? Yuki Katase xxxxxxxx64 11900
    ?? RIRIKA xxxxxxxx34 11800
    ?? Student xxxxxxxx00 11600
    ?? Teacher xxxxxxxx32 11600
    ?? YAMATO xxxxxxxx22 11200
    ?? Toumi xxxxxxxx95 11200
    ?? MALKAVIAN xxxxxxxx63 11100
    ?? y.s:Eddie xxxxxxxx77 11100
    OK, and here we have more reasons for me quitting the cup.

Nobu-chan - COM basher, reserves every ship. Did this on the first day before everyone else realised and that is why he is ranked one. Is a god ranked player and self confessed Japanese answer to Jack Bauer, he has 2 cubes and plays himself all day.

Rutia - Nobu-chan's partner, though I suspect his other cube. Can anyone confirm? Check Rutia's rank, if it's extremely low then yep, that's his other cube. While I don't mind people teaming with their other cube per se, if he uses Rutia in the Final he's robbed some poor sod of a chance to play. If he wins he gets both prizes. That's why I was going to invite Zane as my partner in the final if I got in. Nobu-chan is a fucktard.

Rain - COM basher, has been in every cup final from doing this.

Billie Joe - This little bastard does not deserve this game, let alone the Cup.

Student + Teacher - these two fine upstanding citizens came straight to the US ships on the first day of release and proceeded to beat US players with decks with Megid in and shit. Student and Teacher are the characters they created for this, they were level 1 back at time of US release.

Nei 4th - COM basher who doesn't even seem to have a partner. Reserves every ship then plays by herself. Seen her doing it.

All these people do not deserve to be in the cup. This tourny is bullshit.

- Shimarisu

Agreed, Shim.

I just logged on, and first ship/block I landed in was Nobu reserving a spot, then hopping to the next block

Logic-wise, I don't think anyone could possibly win more than 4 complete tourneys each day, which would result in less points than NOBUchan has at the moment... Sonic Team should notice this, without a single person saying anything. I refuse to do the ship hopping thing, but I almost always end up vs the COM the entire tourney, because everyone else in my tourney's is hopping ships, and missing their matches. Ranked 82 when I logged in today, and if I repeat my performance from yesterday, I may possibly get into top 40, but top 32 is way unlikely, due to all the cheap assholes.

My biggest wish now is that some US player wins, and let's ST know in front of everyone how screwed up things are, because if it was said in front of everyone, maybe they'd do something... Maybe

Everyone knows Nobu uses Jack Bauer means to play this game. Now looking at his UNFEASIBLE score, I'd bet HARD CASH that he actually has 3 cubes. Or maybe more. Maybe he's reserving every slot so people don't join. Sound feasible? Thus letting himself beat up on his 3rd cube and get to the second round in naff all time. Here's how this works, and I believe I have him sussed.

It takes about 2 minutes to beat on yourself. Add to that 3 minutes now till the next game. Let's assume you take 7 mins to beat the com, and 3 mins again till next game.

Total time for tourney - 35 mins. Can he do it in under 30? I'm not convinced that's really possible. However this system allows him to then have plenty of time to go around reserving all the ships again for the next match. So now he's in the next hourly match. Again, he takes 35 mins. Does reserving again. Next hourly match he quits at the final, so he can then go in the last available game at the half hour point.

Let's tally his points with this method.

Wait... it only comes to 12400! That would explain all the COM basher's scores then. OK let's try another method. Only play the first 3 matches and quit so you enter the next tourney every half hour, then play the final one up to the end.
    That only comes up to 11600. So either he IS getting in those extra points by doing an entire tourney in under 30, which is ONLY POSSIBLE with 3 cubes, or well, he's magic. He's a magic person. Obviously he's not managing to cram the tourneys into 30 EVERY time or he'd be much higher, but I think you can assume he is doing it sometimes.

I also think you can assume this fucker has 3 cubes. Or maybe 4? Or maybe he has helpers, those were certainly present in the first cup. If you paid some guys to do that third and fourth game in the fastest time (only 1 person needed in each slot, one beats the other and then goes on to allow Nobu to beat them) you could CERTAINLY cram a match into 30 minutes. He has at least 3 cubes IMO, the only way this is possible. He does that first game in no time, then occassionally crams in the rest in enough time to make the next tournament. And if he does have paid helpers he gets to bash on them in the second round. Off he goes then to the final. Occasionally he'll screw up and take longe, but that's no worry to a blatant cheater like him. I mean he is clear and away ahead of EVERYONE! Why care? Look at the massive margin between him and the other top scorers.

THIS GUY HAS THREE CUBES.

THIS GUY HAS THREE CUBES.

THIS GUY HAS THREE CUBES, AND VERY LIKELY PAID HELPERS.

I love how Billie Joe says Nobu is a nice guy but bashes Jack. That's because Billie speaks shit Japanese. Nobu has admitted he does Jack Bauer for rank. All the Japanese players know it.

- Shimarisu

I played teacher in a single tourny, as the cup games were over. Well, yeah, I lost, and it was an incredibly annoying game. There was, of course, cursing everytime I hit 'em.

I guess I have no chance either at this cup, but who cares?

Well, thats my input on this.

On 2004-06-04 04:48, OrigionalDestiny wrote:
    Does anyone know what those "x" numbers mean after all the names like.. "xxxxxxxxxxxx77" cause people with the same amount of meseta seem to be ranked in order of how high that xxxxnumber is.
    I think it's the rest of the guild card number. And I'll guess it's just coincidence or the way the computer spits out the information for ST.

And isn't there a problem with every tourney?
    What was stopping someone doing this on the other tournys? (I wasn't there so I don't know.)
    And as always, we can't stop the cheat decks or two GCs. Someone could do that in anygame I suppose. Having two Xboxs/GCs/PCs and battling themselves or trading things between them.

ST has proven time and time again that they have no clue how to make these tourneys, or logically, to even moderate them? When one person has more points than should be humanly possible, they should notice something is wrong.

To be honest, I would love to see PSOW organize a tournament, logically, and layout all the rules, chose the map, and have a judge monitor each match.... It's incredibly time consuming, but the only way we could ever get a fair tourney ^_^

I talked to the SONICTEAM representative a while ago and asked him if the top 32 US players would be able enter. From what I was able to decipher from his response, only the top 32 gather point leaders will be able to enter. This should include US and JP players. Since we are on different ladders though, it is hard to tell how the US players are ranked in comparison to the JP ones right now.

However, I imagine there will not be any US players in the finals with all the goof-ups ST has made. Most US players gave up when they didn't see the G1 rank above their head on the first day. Combined with the ship reservers and spammers, you have quite a few disillusioned people.

Yet Another Reason Not To Play Ep3.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I'd be all for a SUPER improved version of ep.3, the basic concept of the game is ok, but too many ways to cheat, and WAYYYYY too unbalanced... If those two things were fixed, the game would be WAY better

Ep.3 has the better story at least, IMHO.

Sure, ST couldn't run an effective Tourney to save it's life. And we're bound to see a lot of people with cheap decks out there.

Hell,I faced a team mech deck this morning, whilest my partner was a friggin' COM. Granted, today wasn't altogether a good day for me in the US Gather Rankings. (20:G/CUP)

But really, I'm not complaining. I consider myself lucky to even get that high, considering my on-line and offline CLv. And to show fair respect, I never use 'cheap' decks, but working 'theme' decks.

Quite frankly, people are too obsessed about winning. Sure it's nice to win now and then, but it's only a game... Never take it too seriously. There's always bound to be some rotten apples somewhere in the barrel.

I just wish people could see this whole thing through my point of view, really...

And Shim? You really need to calm down a bit...That explosive temper of yours isn't all too lady-like.
    I'm still around.