Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Insa-Elenor immediately turned around to face the newcomer. She pointed her shotgun, and put her blade to the ready.

"I recall you are still outnumbered. Hardcore." She toned. Behind her, the rest of the team ha ddrawn their own weapons, except Shurikane who kept a close eye on Tyrell.

I need to make sure the Principal doesn't escape. Don't expect me to tight unless it's last resort. Shuri transmitted by wireless. Five "Ok"s came back. It was also by common sense that Whatley wouldn't fire for fear of hitting his own teammates, so there would really be four people fighting.

Ra'Asiel suddenly exploded. Her body had turned to ash and steam.

"Rafoie!!" Shurikane yelled. "Watcha waiting for?! Come on, come on!!!"

Insa-K got deployed her machine gun and began firing, along with the one-handed rifles in each of her hands. Armiatge saw the shots coming and easily avoided them, but soon found herself taken off-guard by a force pushing her towards the teleporter.

The glass dome exploded.

Armiatge striked her blades through the floor, anchoring herself. She raised her head just in time to see Kestra floating over to the front of the group, her three eyes wide open as if in a trance, her right arm extending to be met with a dozen floating partisans, unextended. The blades arranged themselves into an urchin, and without even her throwing it, it went straight for the HUnewearl.

Armi didn't expect that head start from the blade urchin, and although her head was spared as she shoved it towards the floor, the psiball left a huge gash into her back.

She screamed in pain, and then found herself assaulted by burning stings all over her body. Photon bullets were slowly eating her away, but the force trying to push her overboard was still present, forbidding her from standing up.

In a rage, she climbed the floor instead, the tips of her blades leaving huge holes in the floor as she frantically made her way towards the psychic RAcaseal. Insa-Elenor met her instead, and their blades hit each other, with Elenor winning due to her using both hands to force the sword down.

Armi suddenly let her own blades go over to the side, the tip of the pseudo-lavis nearly slicing her head, and then slashed back with full force at the disbalanced RAcaseal, sending her tumbling over to the side of the group. Kestra saw the danger coming, and let go of the force, concentrating her energy on betting her own self away, but Armi was too close. With one jump, the HUnewearl dove all four of her blades into the Insa, spreading dense brain matter into the entire office due to a let-go of a burst of telekinetic energy.

Everyone staggered back at the sudden force. The stings stopped, as Insa-K had stopped firing. The android has switched to four-legged mode and had grouped her Chaos Cannon together, now firing instant-kill salvos at her target. Armiatge shielded herself behind a discarded armor plate, which shattered upon impact with the first bullet, but gave her enough time to send a bolt of electricity towards the annoyance. Insa-K's scream echoed from a mile away, and had Whatley not fired a Napalm blast to stop the Hunewearl in her tracks, K would have been dead by now.

Armiatge turned her gaze towards the RAcast, and Whatley soon found himself engufled by a bright light...

His chest exploded. A Grants technique had destroyed his napalm storage unit, burning his body from the inside out.

Elenor spun around to face away from the Hunewearl and sent a straight-in kick for the ribcage. The natural armor took in most of the blow, but Armiatge nearly found herself falling to her death, now hanging above the void by the tip of the blades of her right arm. Fortunately, these were not fingers. No one could step on them to force her to release her grip.

With sheer strength, she flipped herself back onto the office floor. Elenor was at the ready, and knowing her shotgun wouldn't do that much of an effect, sent in another kick.

Armiatge's blades met the extended limb, and before Elenor could even scream, picked up the leg and spun the android around until the newfound weapon had met the origin of the newfound stings on her body. Insa-K had been knocked from her stable position again, and it all had happened so fast she didn't even have the time to fire her Chaos Cannon.

The HUnewearl spun Elenor around one more time, and then in an upward arc, to then send both bodies smashing into each other. Putting her right foot on the back of the knee, she pulled, and completely ripped off Elenor's right leg. The android was not used to having pain receptors, and just lied there, mure under the newfound pain, which kept getting more intense as the seconds went by. By now, blood of all sorts of colors had filled the room, and Armiatge casually dipped the leg into the pools.

It's then that Shurikane noticed the damage taken by the new Insa. The gash on her back was gone. There was a large chunk of her hip missing, but as her eyes stared on, the body part swelled, and grew back into a perfectly formed hip. She was in perfect condition, even though she had taken in a partisan slash, several photon bullets, a shot of Napalm, and a Chaos bullet right through the hip. All they had managed to hurt was her clothes, which were now burnt and ripped apart but miraculously left above the minimas of decency.

"Aaaah..." She moaned. "Self-regeneration makes me so hungry." And on these words she bit off a piece of Elenor's bloodied leg, of a size only a shark would dare take in. But she chewed a little and swallowed the piece, large parts of it still whole.

Shurikane came back to her senses, and took ahold of her mechguns.

"I have fourteen barrels of different types aimed at you." She snapped "Once you are empty of energy, you will die, and it's your own fault that you attacked us in the first place!"

"Energy, huh?..." Armiatge wobbled back into a straightened position, smiling innocently, as if she was under the effects of alcohol. Her six eyes were staring lazily, and her mouth opened again once more.

"Watch."

And in a gruesome move, she opened wider, sliding the entire leg down her throat like a sword swallower. Her hand let go of it, and at a record speed, her stomach digested and took in the nutrients, steam rising from her mouth as the acid dissolved the limb, and in less than fifteen seconds, she was able to close her mouth as the foot disappeared into it. Her triangular teeth showed up, her half-stoned expression frozen in some lunatic grin. Shurikane could have sworn she had heard a low giggle.

And then, Armiatge turned towards the Insa, and slowly walked over. Her approach was melt by salvo after salvo of bullets, but to no avail. Her body regenerated as fast as the bullets came, and when Shurikane let go the of the guns to shield herself from the first slash, the Hunewearl was in perfect physical condition.

Behind her were the severed remains of six complete arms, three forearms, and five hands, along with chunks of face, chest, and legs. Enough to create a completely new Armiatge with just some of these parts.

Shurikane backed off. She noticed from the corner of her eye that Tyrell was doing his best to keep off from the fight.

It was now a fair fight. Two pairs of Guil Shark blades and spikes knuckles against a pair of Delsaber hands with shields. Neither of them attempted a slash yet. Both were fast, both were furious, and both were in perfect position to pin and kill the other while their opponent did the same thing to them.

Funny, Armiatge thought behind her guard. I was wearing a patch over a missing left eye just yesterday, and now I have six eyes to look with...

Six eyes...

Blades... Longer than hers...

Self-regeneration... She doesn't...

Hell, I am better than her! I can kick her ass!!!

The HUnewearl slashed like a maniac at Shuri who found herself too busy guarding to even attempt a counter attack. Two consecutive slashes struck, ripping out her chestplate but fortunately leaving the circuits intact. However, a backslash knocked her face to the side and sent her staggering back.

The overclock!!

Shurikane screamed her rage, and ran for her opponent, stabbing, pushing, slashing, each time the Hunewearl growing parts back, wounds healing.

A straight stab into her heart. Shurikane left her hand there. Armitage, although under intense pain, somehow managed to keep it beating. The android could sense some parts of the heart moving in some special manner...

Holy shit, it's using my fingers as a wall; she's just regenerating the heart with my hand as just some rock in the way!!

She drew her hand back, stupefied at the show of such a horrifying, but she kept on slashing, again and again. Eventually, Armiatge will run out of energy, and then there will be nothing to regenerate.

Something grabbed her. The Hunewearl had pincered her blades on each side of the android's waist, and spun around to wind up, to then send Shurikane straight for the void.

The Insa's fingers managed to grab on to the edge, but not for long. Armi neatly sliced the floor part away.

All that was heard for the next five seconds was a deafening shriek.
    ---------------------------------------------

Shurikane planted her fingers into the column structure. She was damaged, she had survived...

...But the Insa line was over.

Carefully, she began decending the column structure at a slow, defeated pace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-05-26 13:09 ]</font>
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Epilogue

Tyrell found enough courage into himself to take a step closer to Armiatge. The HUnewearl had laid down spread-eagled among a mass of severed limbs, exhausted.

She was breathing heavily, and she closed her eyes for a moment, taking a break. Next to the desk, Insa-Elenor weakly managed to turn herself over and lie on her back, but she didn't do any other move. Next to her, Insa-K was literally shattered like glass.

Spread around the room were now exactly the severed remains of twenty-seven arms, fourteen legs, nineteen forearms, four feet, fifteen hands, brain metter, and large chunks of head, stomach, and hip. All this in a fabulous sauce of blue, pink, purple and red blood.

And they all once belonged to the self-regenerated Armiatge.

She stood up, using her new blades as supports.

"I'm calling the medics..." Tyrell declared, and he reached for the phone.

"No... Don't bother." The Hunewearl found the strength to say. "I'm alright... I'll be all right."

"But you have been infected. We need to find a way to invert the process and get you back to normal! If we manage to do it quickly enough you'll be just in time to participate in the battle against Falz which is supposed to happen tomorrow morning... In four hours exactly!"

"So what..." Armiatge coughed up some blood. "I'll just fight the beast this way. It's scary but... This new form of mine just kicks too much ass to let go of."

Tyrell pondered, for what seemed to be a year.

"Fine." He finally announced. "I'll let you stay this way, but that's only because you managed to save my ass tonight... It'll take a half hour to get down to the spot and get ready for the big fight. You have three hours and a half to yourself. I suggest you get yourself a new change of clothes and get some rest. The battle's gonna be hard."

Armiatge took a next-to-normal behavior.

"Yes sir. You can count on me."

"Have a good rest!"
    ---------------------------------------------

One day passed. Shurikane picked up her daughter and cousins and led them over to Ragol in her car.

No one had tried to look for her. No one had tried to kill her, because no one would be able to. But she mad missed the Falz battle, along with the rest of the family.

She drove in a relatively crazy way, but it was a relaxed pace for her. She had to wait at the bay doors for fifteen minutes for no particular reason, the guards just chatting among themselves and laughing, what they called "lega paperwork" which was in fact total bullshit. She was paying for what she had done.

I have been doomed to failure... She thought. Born the wrong way, forced to fend for myself, and miserably screwing up at it...

Finally, she managed to find a landing spot in the forest. There was already a party at Central Dome, all the important hunters who had either fought Falz or had given a hand in finding help. She had learned through the news that Rico was dead. As for her friend Kod, he was totally refused access to the battle, and the Guild had claimed reasons other than her.

She turned off the engine, and got out. Her bladed hands were covered by guards. She rarely used them. The form she had noticed earlier from above was in fact him.

He's been kicked out of the party... She thought to herself.

"What's up." She asked in a monotonous tone.

"Me." Kod replied in the same tone. She didn't even laugh. "Why do you have your guards on? I thought you liked cutting on something in your idle times with your claws..."

"I don't feel like it." For the first time in her life, she gave away a depressed sigh. She didn't even bear her teeth in doing so.

Her daughter said nothing. She simply sat there, and looked cute...

FIN

Mmmm.. Bloooooooodd. Hehe, that was really good, lots of nice action. Maybe I'll start reading more fics now.. speacially when I'm in them XD

APPENDIX A: FUll Specifications Chart of Shrike "Shurikane" Nainsev

NAME: Shrike Nainsev
    NICKNAME: Shurikane
    CLASS: NewS Insa RA-SAcaseal C-Type 9, Delsaber Crossbreed.
    ORIGIN OF INFECTION: Simultaneous teleportation field surrounding her and a Delsaber, resulting in a merge of both bodies.

LEVEL OF INFECTION:
    • Legs: 95% Circuitry.
    • Abdomen: 100% Circuitry, oiling system, motion and movement managers.
    • Chest: RAM, Hard Drive, CPU, cache, 100% of circuitry, armor.
    • Head: Skull, hairpiece, mouth, head processor.

DELSABER SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Legs: Increased leg reflexes and dexterity due to resistant-proof organic circuitry.
    • Abdomen: Significant oil leak (cause and origin unknown), corrupted motion and movement manager resulting in occasional jumps to very erratic movements, increased waist and hip reflexes due to resistant-proof organic circuitry.
      Chest: Fully organic and self-regenerating circuitry, 400% increase in RAM using double-side density organic technology, shielded backup double-sided standard RAM, 300% increase in hard drive space due to organic storage space with possibility for self-expansion, 102% increase in hard drive reading speed capabilities, 95% increase in hard drive writing speed capabilities, 12% increase in safe Gigahertz setting. Highly corrupted emotional files linked to CPU resulting in Overclock Mode (99% increase in Gigahertz setting) in the event of a Fatal Error in the executable.
    • Head: Hair helmet replaced by green-dyed knife blades, fully removable to accomodate other hairpiece types. Buzzsaw-chainlink teeth (sharpened triangular) with PreciShred and PreciBite technology. Rudimentary digestive system located in throat and upper part of torso. Set of vocal chords over main speaker unit, with 283% increase in Decibel potential capabilities. Head processor partly melted and taken over by fully self-regenerating organic brain.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    • Three-Armed Spin: Spins about herself to slash opponent in an asterisk shape.
    • Quicksilver: Activates hand shield and attempts a distant slash at target using an extension of the shield. Quite painful, but damage is light.
    • Jupiter's Passing Moon: Flips on the back of her hands and activates hand shields, using the force field to propel herself in the air, towards the target. Re-activates the shields at full power when close to target, in order to knock it down, or, if target is weak or already on the ground, implode it.

DESPERATION MOVES:
    • Madman's Dash: Grabs target's throat and scrapes him on the floor for a distance of nineteen (19) feet or until wall is reached. Target is then picked up by the legs and spun around in tilted UFO motion, smashing the head of the target on the ground for a total of twenty-one (21) times at a rate of 2.7 revolutions per second.
    • The Exorcist: Arches back and generates high-pitched shriek at maximum decibel setting. Frequency may cause severe pain in some people, esp. Newmans. Can shatter eardrums if a person is too close.
    • Face Ripper French Kiss: Target must be grabbed. Opens mouth at its widest possible diameter and bites through target's face while activating buzzsaw teeth for maximum shredding capabilities.
    • Ribcage Door Opener: Stabd both hands one after the other into target's solar plexus area, fingers as far apart from each other as possible. The hands are then flipped to face outwards, and then pushed this way to shred through the ribcage and, if lucky, split the target in half.
    • Overclock Mode: Sacrifices defense capabilities for offensive power. Shurikane becomes stronger, quicker, and much more aggressive and ruthless, but with a lack of blocking and counter-hit reflexes. CPU sets itself to 199% of its normal setting, enhancing reflexes in seeking weak and unguarded points. This Desperation Moves is usually applied in conjunction with another Special or Desperation Move or more.

Hmm, over so soon? :/ The Insa line had so much potential...perhaps it's worth revisting again someday...